ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

No, Shane will fight in the match and he'll do 3-4 spots off the top of the cage. It's what he does best... damn near kill himself. Undertaker will beat the shit out of him, it'll be a good match, and I've got a feeling Shane wins. The record doesn't matter anymore. Now it's about getting as good a match as possible. This one may deliver.

I can't see the Undertaker losing what will probably (or at the very least should be) his last WM match.

How can anyone hate the Godfather? I forget where he was but at one point before WWF gimmick after gimmick but I thought he was solid somewhere.

Also Jacqueline absolutely deserves to be in if for nothing else her time in Memphis with Brickhoise Brown. For the life of me I don't see how he didn't make it past Memphis!

Shane?!? I know it isn't likely but if there was ever a guy to pair with Punk it is absolutely Shane!

How can anyone hate the Godfather? I forget where he was but at one point before WWF gimmick after gimmick but I thought he was solid somewhere.

Also Jacqueline absolutely deserves to be in if for nothing else her time in Memphis with Brickhoise Brown. For the life of me I don't see how he didn't make it past Memphis!

Shane?!? I know it isn't likely but if there was ever a guy to pair with Punk it is absolutely Shane!

Wasn't he Papa Shango or something like that at one point. Some sort of voodoo Doctor.

Random wrestling thought, but did anyone think Gangrel was kind of badass? The whole Brood schtick and all. I thought he had a few undertaker level entrances too. Under appreciated at least.

The Edge/Christian show promo got me thinking about this...that and Godfather induct making me remember other wrestlers that had a decent gimmick that I wouldn't have considered HOF worthy.

Yes he was papa shango too.

Gangrel was but my view of that era was severely changed based on wrestling game skill sets honestly.

If they want Reigns to really get over, having crowds cheer HHH as he crushes the dream boy's face is not a good sign.

Reactions: kyboy1998
It's a pretty obvious script, but at least I get to see Roman have the shit kicked out of him every week until Wrestlemania before he eventually "overcomes all odds" to get his belt.

Godfather/Charles Wright also known as...
The Soultaker (uswa days)
Papa shango (my personal fav)
Kama
Kama Mustafa
Godfather

Soul taker, BOOM. That guy was quality.

IDK man when people cheer like mad at the obvious heel killing you, you got to consider whether the path your on is sustainable, because the dumbest of dipshits have to see Reigns better turn heel somehow or some way!

Reactions: Wesley91581

Classic Saturday Lawler here! He and Papa Shango around the 35 minute mark. I mean maybe you can beat this, but I'd take these shows every damn Saturday morning!

Soul taker, BOOM. That guy was quality.

IDK man when people cheer like mad at the obvious heel killing you, you got to consider whether the path your on is sustainable, because the dumbest of dipshits have to see Reigns better turn heel somehow or some way!

The thing is, you can't do it currently because Triple H is the biggest heel and before that it was Rollins so a heel turn would have been absolutely retarded. The only time Reigns can turn heel is if there's a legitimate top babyface and I'm not talking about Ambrose because he's not a top guy. He's a transition champ at best.

Basically, you'd have a heel Reigns when you have a face Cena to face, which could possibly happen. But right now, they have been desperate for babyfaces because there's so many heels and despite a good chunk of the male audience not liking him, he's extremely popular with women, kids and some guys and they count on the house show money too.

We also know how WrestleManias tend to go. If I'm not mistaken, only three or four times in the past 16 years has a heel walked out as the WWE Champ.

Anyways, I dig Triple H as champ and wish he would have held the title after Rollins this whole time.

@K-mac18 Yeah, that Vader match was really fun. I watched that one, the Terry Funk I quit match, the Harley Race Starrcade match, the Dusty/Horsemen feud, Triple H at Taboo Tuesday, HBK at Mania 24, two of the Steamboat matches from 89 as well as a ton of promos. It was fun but I'm Flair'd out.

But I'm with you, I can't wait until WrestleMania. It's going to be awesome.

- If you don't/didn't like Papa Shango, I've got no use for you.

- Who else thought it was amazing that Reigns could read that cue card off camera during his early Raw backstage interview and not trip over his words once? Incredible. Dude didn't even attempt to look away from it.

Finn Balor does this all the time in NXT and it's painfully obvious. I don't care. Most wrestlers are pretty terrible actors.

If you wait for the right moment for Reigns to do what's best you are screwing him. Bottom line! Kids like him girls like him, yippe! Sorry folks we are going to get this one right eventually.

If you can't can't some damn boos at HHH in a Vince McMahon authority, you can't maintain as a face champ. Don't over think this even if HHH has to retain unexpectedly. They will ruin Reigns before he ever truly comes close to his potential!

Hell women loved Flair, and he and the horsemen were the nastiest damn heels and got booed in every match, but you just watched those promos and women are screaming like crazy for Flair.

The group that doesn't like Reigns will never like him no matter what happens. I don't understand why he has to turn heel just to get that group to cheer for him. We've got so many heels right now so it's not powerful at all. Kevin Owens it the best heel, Triple H is the biggest heel and you have the Wyatts. A heel turn for Reigns is simply white noise. It's also going to do nothing but make sure we get John Cena as the face forever because Ambrose isn't "that guy" either.

In fact, I don't even understand the love for Ambrose. He's even more limited in the ring than Reigns.He has the same in-ring routine every match, gives the "wacky crazy" promos where he channels Pillman and The Joker and acts goofy. Yet he receives no criticism.

I feel WWE made it even worse by making it appear Ambrose could win it so now, the smarks are trying to shit on this again.

WWE killed Roman Reigns when they let Batista go over him at the RR 2014.

If Reigns had gone over there, we wouldn't be having this issue now

Shane O'Mac :flushed::smiley:

Shane O'Mac at Mania vs. Taker :chairshot: Neither are as young as they used to be, so this won't be how we remember it from years ago. I'm hoping for a swerve and someone else comes out as Takers opponent. Hell, maybe this turns into a hostile takeover by Shane, and he bring in a crew waiting in the wings...maybe a certain club.

Love how they are building Styles and not rushing it or burying him either. He is getting live work in with a solid established guy in Y2J, and it's PERFECT!

I'm tired of the Uso's

The New Day, to me the only one that hasn't progressed is Kofi.

Didn't see the last 45 minutes of the show, guess I missed Sasha, damnit!

Anyone that says they called Shane vs Taker at Mania, prove it! I didn't see anyone here call it, and doubt anyone saw it coming.

Love the idea of Shane being back. It may be just because he's been the least used, but perhaps he's the most talented, but he's the one McMahon I don't mind seeing on my TV. He will bump and he will job to UT. I don't mind UT beating Shane. I would be livid if UT was going to beat Cesaro.

K-Mac - if you had your picture made with Tammy Sytch you could have been in if you had $20 or some coke. [banana] (Thank you, I'll be here all week.)

If they put Ambrose over Lesnar - they'll make Ambrose. If they let Ambrose and Heyman come together, they can get a monster heel out of the deal. (Can't happen because Heyman and Lesnar legit like each other and Lesnar does need a mouthpiece, but if he is married to Sable, she could be his face manager, but can she talk? I just remember her boobs.)

Reactions: K-mac18
He needs to turn heel to be the best he can be. He isnt natural as a face. And Rollins will be your babyface because he is a talker. Reigns turning isn't about anyone else but him. Period.

HHH had to come out of retirement to have a show at WM. Had he not done this it would be Reigns/Brock again and with nothing buyable before that match.

Shane/UT is cool but who is buying that crap? In 2016?

Last edited:
Reactions: KingOfBBN
I thought Brickhouse Brown was Kofi Kingston's uswa gimmick...

speaking of shango I totally forgot about this botched finish...

Papa Shango was thrust into the spotlight almost immediately, running in on the Hulk Hogan vs. Sid Justice main event at WrestleMania VIII.[11]Shango actually missed his cue to run in, hitting the ring late. The finish was supposed to be Sid getting disqualified because of Shango breaking up the pinfall attempt by Hogan after he hit the big legdrop. However, due to Shango getting to the ring late, Sid was forced to kick out of the legdrop to save face. Sid's manager, Harvey Wippleman then jumped on the apron, and the referee signalled for the disqualification at that point as Shango was just getting to the ring.

No Kofi is too skinny and agile, not Brickhouse.

Never knew that about Shango, seems odd that managers wouldn't have him ready to break out at the right time. Can say it's good business to just tell a wrestler and thing they know enough to be trusted.

Could you imagine if Shane's representitive is Kurt Angle?

That would be amazing. It's unlikey but it would be awesome. He's in my top five favorires.

Reactions: allabouttheUK
I like the idea of Shane bringing in the Bullet Club.

Is anyone actually good on the mic anymore? Even Vince is terrible. But Reigns is especially bad. I mean, that backstage segment was...

I'm hoping Shane doesn't wrestle, and has someone come out to represent him. In my head this angle should be a lot like the WCW invasion angle. Shane is here to save RAW WWE from the Authority. The only way this works is if he brings in a group to overthrow them, he can't do it on his own. This would lead to the several new people making their debuts. I'm thinking maybe a Bullet Club, or something to that affect.

I love the idea of Shane bringing in the Bullet Club..but I am afraid it is going to all be a backdrop for Cena to return at WM 32.

New I tape Raw for my kid every Monday but really don't watch anymore. However when I saw the return of Shane O Mac on twitter then I had to switch over and watch. My memory is foggy here but it was a big surprise to me that he got such a huge pop. I really don't remember him being that over with the fans. Am I wrong here?

I love the idea of Shane bringing in the Bullet Club..but I am afraid it is going to all be a backdrop for Cena to return at WM 32.

A friend and I were just talking about it here at work. He brought up something I didn't pay much attention to last night. Shane mentioned "what's best for business" several times. What if Shane is the vehicle for a Rollins face turn?

Boom. Shane always comes as a brother vs sister or father angle which is fine right now as it could mean something better than this.

Shane got pops during his DX run, but was seen as a boring bitch as a Vince clone type.

The fact that he is back just shows the pressure on those guys right now to draw. So they better line their talent out right and sprint to run cool angles. These are the times that behind the scenes they ask themselves if Cena should turn!

It ain't happening and I know that but shit is real right now in Connecticut.

WE'VE GOT BLOOD ON RAW!!!!!

[banana][roll]

it's like seeing a unicorn.

About that....

So don't worry Heisman, your boy's face is okay.

- Speaking of Roman - he was horrible in those backstage segments. Awful on the mic. Just terrible.

- Saw a rumor online that the Shane v Taker match will be used to introduce the Bullet Club.

- Last night when Vince said it was going to Steph getting that award I was sitting there thinking, "man it'd be a perfect time for Shane to show up." Never thought it would happen.

Yeah I marked out.

Vince wishes Roman would get that kind of pop from crowd. It's his wet dream. Instead he has to deal with the crowd cheering HHH on as he beats up Roman.

Oh well. He is big with kids, women, look at the house crowds! Look at his merchandise sells at house hows*

*Roman and Cena merch are about the only thing you can buy at house shows....

I actually said it last night. The segment was about one thing. Ratings and losing money. As soon as I saw the blood from Reigns, I said to my son, "the pg , public stock company is fixing to go back to what made them in the first place. Violence and sex." I really and truly feel Vince has seen the light. The t-shirt selling, kid friendly wrestling is not going to cut it. Get back to the roots, do "what's best for business." They even brought it up, Vince said "Shane, this is a public stock trading company now." That is a subtle way of saying they are tearing up the PG scripts and going back to the old WWF. Notice the no shirt and tie for HHH and blood.

Of all the crap TNA or whatever they are called now, put out, the Ace's and 8's was pretty damn bad ass. Shane needs to head a group and do something similar. Take out several guys, run rough shot over people for a while, and have them guessing who is behind it.

Are you ready for this...word going around today is the match with Shane (or whomever) vs. Taker will lead to the return of the brand extension with Shane over Raw and
the other McMahons over Smackdown.

A friend of mine brought up a good point today, why would Taker want to help Vince and basically wrestle as a heel in his home state in possibly his last match.

Are you ready for this...word going around today is the match with Shane (or whomever) vs. Taker will lead to the return of the brand extension with Shane over Raw and
the other McMahons over Smackdown.

A friend of mine brought up a good point today, why would Taker want to help Vince and basically wrestle as a heel in his home state in possibly his last match.

Hate the brand split. I actually despise it. You get a more stale product, a thin roster split in half, which automatically decreases feud possibilities, so many rematches over and over again (Orton vs Christian comes to mind) and automatically people don't care about SmackDown nor do they watch it that much. The WHC was seen for years as simply a secondary title. Hope it doesn't happen.

Heard a good point today. "You're either a face with the smarks/IWC or you're a face with the casuals today." I also don't see the point in turning a guy heel just to have the same people then cheer for him.

Hey @Kentucky Bandit , Reigns was over before Daniel Bryan was brought back early, which caused a backlash and a stigma now. But here's some reactions.

House show

TLC 2014 Return

Winning the title

How about we just accept that smarks will hate him no matter what and that they're a loud but small part of the fan base and not worry about pandering to them? Crowds will be different for every city. They feel empowered because creative gave into them the last two years and feel they can hijack to get what they want.

However, who on that roster right now can be a mainstream top babyface? It's not Ambrose. There's no one else. The roster is thin as hell right now.

I am on record saying that I think the smark community has damaged wrestling.

That said, Reigns is not hugely over with non-smarky fans. He is definitely *more* over, but he isn't drawing huge crowds. He is also not a great worker nor a good talker. I mean, what does he do as a performer that's even above mid-card level?

I agree that it's not like WWE has a ton of great babyfaces to push (Rollins) instead of Reigns, but even if he is the best they have then that just means the best they have is garbage

He isn't the best they have, he has the BIG look which means he passes the eye test and Vince wants him to be that guy. But fans, and it isn't just snark friends let's be honest here, see through him. It's not that he isn't smooth when talking, I wonder if he can honestly talk in real life. He also isn't smooth in the ring and he damn sure has a weak boring comedic move set. As a matter of fact my favorite part of the HHH tirade was him mocking the loaded gun.

A move back to non-PG would be fine, without being lame the girls don't have to change much unless they scale it back. My kids are getting into it some and I don't want to deal with their mother being all PG gay.

Also I think Shane running RAW and Steph running SD doesn't mean it has to be a brand split right? I mean the feud is a work really!

Wrestling can be PG and good. WWE think PG = cartoon.

I'm also firmly in the ant-brand split camp. In fact, I don't just want the authority angle to end, I want the entire McMahon family to be gone from TV. Heel, face, neutral, don't care. Just stop with the cartoon crap and let Kevin Owens and Brock Lesnar beat the shit out of each other for a year

Sorry was trying to post earlier today but kept getting an error...

I re-watched the cwa video Krazy posted and like others said there was no better hour when I was a kid than cwa/uswa wrestling.

I think lawler was involved in every segment in that video - everyone wanted a piece of him back then - it truly was remarkable to see all the people that came and went through the Memphis territory!

I still think the best Memphis angle was when heel Vince came in - that feud was ridiculously awesome!

That is part 2 of 4 but you can follow it and it was by far the best Saturday show ever. This wasn't the first time I watched but it's the first time that I specifically remember watching 7 yrs old.

You put a small little show like this together anywhere and I'll never turn on WWE again.

[laughing]

2016-02-23-vince-quest.jpg

Nothing cracks me up more than Heisman's defense of Reigns.

I love the "WWE has no other faces to push." Well if they hadn't spent the last 2 years trying so hard to get Reigns over maybe they would be in a better spot.

But they didn't because Vince was hell bent on making Reigns the next Cena.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT