ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta apologize to the board...

When I saw the thread on Calipari going to Arkansas, I thought it was a joke, so I deleted it, removed it from public view. But I was wrong. It's not a joke. Sorry my friends. Jumped the gun on that one. I came back to restore the thread and it had already been undeleted.

And on that note, I think I'm in shock. After the press conference with Barnhart, I thought we were stuck with him for at least 1 more season.

I'm preparing for everyone to leave. It's very likely, in my opinion. The entire roster, all the recruits, and likely every coach on staff. But, it was gonna be a total rebuild when it happened, anyway. So, better now and get it over than to drag it out for a slow death for 3 more years, in my opinion. The transfer portal could make it less painful. I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Cal did a lot of good for a while, he is going out a loser, coaching wise and a winner money wise. I wish he could have left on top what a show when he renters Rupp as coach of Arkansas

Reactions: IL Wildcat
The programs going to be fine. These guys crying about what Billy G did should realize that we ended that quick when it was obvious he was a drunk moron. This is Kentucky basketball we will be fine

I agree. I just don't want us to turn into IU. NIL has changed the game. So has the portal. We need a coach who will lead us to using those effectively.

Cal did a lot of good for a while, he is going out a loser, coaching wise and a winner money wise. I wish he could have left on top what a show when he renters Rupp as coach of Arkansas

Tubby should have left after Michigan State. Cal should have left after covid. Both stayed too long. BTW, I stayed too long at my last job too. My new one has been a rebirth for me.

Now is the perfect off-season for Cal to leave. Assistant coaches aren't the best--if they go with Cal, that's fine and dandy. This freshman class is shaping up like another "can't shoot and can't defend" type thing, so I'm fine if they follow Cal.

Let's be honest: UK was likely heading toward another let down of a season, anyway. Even if the next coach stumbles in his first year, it's not any worse than what Cal would have done.
Yeah, haven’t seen the portal transfer yet but this season’s team had me a lot more excited then next season’s.

Reactions: ThunderMash
A lot of posters don't like Drew. Oats and Hurley may well not be options. It will be fun to see who we get. I am mixed on Drew but think I could get behind him.
I’d be ok with Drew but there are definitely a handful I like better. If we get to Drew on the list, I’m pretty sure he’ll say yes so he’s basically worst case scenario.

When I saw the thread on Calipari going to Arkansas, I thought it was a joke, so I deleted it, removed it from public view. But I was wrong. It's not a joke. Sorry my friends. Jumped the gun on that one. I came back to restore the thread and it had already been undeleted.

And on that note, I think I'm in shock. After the press conference with Barnhart, I thought we were stuck with him for at least 1 more season.

I'm preparing for everyone to leave. It's very likely, in my opinion. The entire roster, all the recruits, and likely every coach on staff. But, it was gonna be a total rebuild when it happened, anyway. So, better now and get it over than to drag it out for a slow death for 3 more years, in my opinion. The transfer portal could make it less painful. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

They call him....ILL...🤩

• Haha

Nothing at all to apologize for, natural reaction - you do a great job

You dont need to apologize for that, I could see why it would be questionable to say the least, you do a great job on here.

Rebuilds can be fun. Low expectations, every victory appreciated. Much better than assured mediocrity with no end in sight.

Anyone who was around for the early Pitino years would tell you that was an incredible ride.

Hang in there ILW. The roller-coaster ride just pulled away from the gate. Now is when the fun really begins...

Rebuilds can be fun. Low expectations, every victory appreciated. Much better than assured mediocrity with no end in sight.

Anyone who was around for the early Pitino years would tell you that was an incredible ride.
Yep, I was around in those days also. I was finishing high school and then headed to college, getting married, and on. Pitino's rebuild was quite amazing to me. That's when I truly became a full fledged UK fan as an adult. Before that, it was mostly just playing ball as one of my heroes in my driveway. 😀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT