ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

We only acted as if we were the actual characters. Always liked to be DiBease because of the laughing, money, and the finisher was easy to get on as a kid. Any wrestlers with a pile driver, figure four or flying finishers were off limits unless you did not use those moves.

DAM, I was sarcastically targeting you with a BS post and of course your all over it. Chill out bud, we are all adults here. Despite what you think or feel we all have our own likes and dislikes about wrestling accept that and this thread will be fun for you.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
070986570fbbcffd49160917edf64e66ca3e865b11994dd9cf03fcb1f8112cb0_1.jpg

was once wrestling this full body sized stuffed panda bear (well full body sized for a 9 year old) and was gonna give it a belly-to-back suplex in my bed room. Not smart. back of my head smacked the floor and I could feel very warm sensation all down my neck and the back of my head. I knew if I moved I was gonna have a hell of a headache so I laid there for 30-45 minutes, didn't move a muscle, closed my eyes. When I finally got up I felt fine, but felt like a dumb jackass.

Wrestling old stuffed animals on the trampoline was always the best. My neighborhood didn't have any other kids my age so I spent a lot of time wrestling toys and stuffed things. Was always fun hitting splashes, flips, "high risk maneuvers" after getting some serious air on the trampoline.

Great stuff.

I got a stinger once from being an idiot and it freaked me out. I can't even remember the move that did it but it was during the whole craziness where everyone was putting on

Classic.

As for SummerSlam, I read that Sting is no longer going to be involved, which makes that tag team match of Shield Vs Wyatts even more of a snoozer.

Best name ever
Sexton Hardcastle

Never made up a name I was always one of the Four Horsemen usually Tully.

Random note I did not realize Hogan was supposed to be the guest on the Austin podcast after Raw on Monday.

Wow how bad could that have been for WWE

If you remember the one with Heyman Austin was complaining about the stunner being a transition move now, Cena should just stop using the move period.

Read that about Sting, he is going to be at all the Axxess things but why not use him on the show

Best name ever
Sexton Hardcastle

Never made up a name I was always one of the Four Horsemen usually Tully.

Random note I did not realize Hogan was supposed to be the guest on the Austin podcast after Raw on Monday.

Wow how bad could that have been for WWE

If you remember the one with Heyman Austin was complaining about the stunner being a transition move now, Cena should just stop using the move period.

Read that about Sting, he is going to be at all the Axxess things but why not use him on the show

Why do they do any of the stuff that they do? No clue of their mindset.

SummerSlam is the second biggest show of the year so why not go balls to the wall on this? Because right now, that card is not cutting it in the slightest. Trips should have a match and a feud with a good baby face but they messed that up.

Really bummed that we see Cena/Rollins, Lesnar/Taker, and Wyatts/Reigns and Ambrose

That is not a good card anymore.

Yeah like I said before, they already messed up the Cena/Rollins match by having the match this past Monday with a clean finish. They should've had Rollins get disqualified or something, and not just let Cena beat him straight up.They're trying so hard to make this Summerslam the biggest one ever since Cena is tying Flair, but it looks to be one of the worst. The Shield and Wyatt feud is 18 months too late, and now no Sting? WWE should just fill the whole four hours with Divas matches and have Cena over Rollins. Then that would be the perfect pay-per-view for young children who still believe in Santa Claus and pubescent teenage boys. Since after all that's the only demographic they care about.

Yeah like I said before, they already messed up the Cena/Rollins match by having the match this past Monday with a clean finish. They should've had Rollins get disqualified or something, and not just let Cena beat him straight up.They're trying so hard to make this Summerslam the biggest one ever since Cena is tying Flair, but it looks to be one of the worst. The Shield and Wyatt feud is 18 months too late, and now no Sting? WWE should just fill the whole four hours with Divas matches and have Cena over Rollins. Then that would be the perfect pay-per-view for young children who still believe in Santa Claus and pubescent teenage boys. Since after all that's the only demographic they care about.

It's crazy that it's who they're catering to because the stats cited for the majority of their fan base is basically guys our age. They also spend the most money too.

It's just not a good card. Also we saw Rollins/Cena feud for quite a long time the past 10 months. November-January so now we're going to do it again?

Last edited:
I don't know what stats you're talking about but if you've ever been to a house show you'll see exactly why Cena is who he is.

I've been to a house show and I know it's mostly families but the Observer wrote this last year

– Here is a recent TV breakdown of viewership for WWE’s Raw, Smackdown, and Total Divas, courtesy of The Wrestling Observer.

* The average viewer (for the three shows) is 41.4 years old. The report indicates that viewership is getting older instead of younger.

* Audience viewership is 63% male. Total Divasskews number down a bit because it would be closer to 68% for just Raw and Smackdown.

* The viewership for three shows is less than 19% under the age of 17. 22% of the viewership is between 18 and 34, and 22% between 35 and 49. 37% is over the age of 50.

How is a show that goes from 8-11 p.m. for "kids"? I've always wondered that.

Gonzo, I don't know if you're old enough to remember 4 Sports across from RCHS but it was a gymnastics place that had a couple foam pits, trampolines, a spring floor and stuff like that.

In 6th and 7th grade during the height of the attitude era me and a couple other guys went there on Friday night open gyms and suplexed each other off of everything you can think of.

Best birthday party I went to as a kid was held there. We'd swing off those giant ropes into the foam pit for hours.

Not a single person on that magazine cover had any success six months after it hit news stands. Charlie Villanueva would be the first ballot HoF'er from that group.

Those stats have to be off. Sure adults 24-40 watch more(or have registered TVs watching more) and spend more but at least half of them do so because of their kids! Almost, but I guess not literally, the definition of skewed.

Look Cena goes over because whether you like it not we adults like to see him fail so we watch and kids want to see him win so they watch. With the U.S. Title no one really cares. It's really that easy.

Also, complaining about new talent this and that, it was the same when we were kids we just didn't realize because our views were different.

Oh yea, with DVR is timing of a wrestling show even a factor anymore?

Amen to that. Never forget her 'initiation' in the showers. It's edited now, but she got a bit 'cheeky' that night!

She was always a bit "handsy" with the other ladies during matches. I think it was Kaitlyn's last match in WWE with Layla that she was feeling her up the whole match. Did the same with AJ a alot.

5gwxasV.gif

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Saw this about Sting:

We noted earlier this week via PWInsider that despite expectations, WWE does not currently have plans to use Sting at the August 23rd SummerSlam pay-per-view. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter confirms these reports.

The original idea was to introduce Sting as a surprise about a week or two out from the show, likely as the mystery third partner in Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. The Wyatt Family. Sting was told a while back that he would be on the show in a six-man tag match and he was even mentioned in a SummerSlam TV commercial that WWE had cut more than a week ago.

Sting, 56, had reportedly gotten himself into "ridiculously good shape" for his age. At one point recently, Sting was informed that plans had changed and they would not be using him on the show.

No word yet on what this means for the six-man match with Reigns, Ambrose and The Wyatts but all elements of the original angle are still in place. WWE had the idea that Sting and Ambrose teaming with Reigns would maybe get a good reaction for Reigns in New York City, which is going to be a tough crowd for him.

So Cena had emergency surgery and has been pulled from WWE Live tour and the Australian tour and will miss this week's RAW. Not sure how this affects his SummerSlam plans.

I'm not the biggest Hunter fan but I really do think he needs to have a match at SummerSlam to save this card because it's set to be pretty bland.

So is this most likely the card?

Lesnar Vs Undertaker
Rollins Vs Cena
Wyatts Vs Shield tag team
Neville vs Stardust
Team Bella Vs NXT girls in some 6-9 tag team
Ziggler Vs Rusev
Cesaro Vs KO

Sheamus probably thrown in there somewhere?

"Team Bella Vs NXT girls in some 6-9 tag team"

Unintentional of course but the 12 year old Beavis in me popped for that.

Wow that card sucks.

Don't forget they are trying to get that guy from the Arrow TV show to do something at Summerslam maybe versus Stardust.

Gotta think Owens will be in there too.

So Cena had emergency surgery and has been pulled from WWE Live tour and the Australian tour and will miss this week's RAW. Not sure how this affects his SummerSlam plans.

I'm not the biggest Hunter fan but I really do think he needs to have a match at SummerSlam to save this card because it's set to be pretty bland.

So is this most likely the card?

Lesnar Vs Undertaker
Rollins Vs Cena
Wyatts Vs Shield tag team
Neville vs Stardust
Team Bella Vs NXT girls in some 6-9 tag team
Ziggler Vs Rusev
Cesaro Vs KO

Sheamus probably thrown in there somewhere?

How are they going to get 4 hours out of that card? Each of those matches would have to go 30 minutes.

How are they going to get 4 hours out of that card? Each of those matches would have to go 30 minutes.

Taker's entrance will take up 20 minutes. They will probably have The Rock come out and cut a promo to kill time too.

They will probably do the New Day/PTP tag as well but that's way too many tag matches for a PPV.

WWE should really take this opportunity and keep Cena off TV for a couple of weeks or for awhile and start going a different direction with Rollins.

Gotta think Owens will be in there too.

He is also going to be facing Balor for the NXT title at the NXT Show on Saturday.

Saturday - NXT
Sunday - SummerSlam
Monday - Raw

So potentially they have the chance to make Owens lose 3 nights in a row. Kevin Dunn is probably really excited about that prospect.

Reactions: K-mac18
So I was reading earlier WWE has uploaded a bunch of Raw's from 1999 to the network. One of them is the Raw from Rupp Arena right before the Fully Loaded show.
I believe this is the one where Austin drove the Blood Mobile into the arena and promptly broke the windshield of it.

So I was reading earlier WWE has uploaded a bunch of Raw's from 1999 to the network. One of them is the Raw from Rupp Arena right before the Fully Loaded show.
I believe this is the one where Austin drove the Blood Mobile into the arena and promptly broke the windshield of it.

I was at that show. Very cool. I think I only attended one more RAW in Lex after that. It was the one where Eddie Gurrero won the IC, I believe.

Just came here to see if anyone posted. Crazy. Piper was just doing an interview this week.

Another sad day, I still don't think he seemed right on that interview with Rich Eisen. I believe they are saying cardiac arrest.

Really sucks.

I was never a huge wrestling fan, but I had about 5 guys I really enjoyed: Austin, Savage, HBK, Bret Hart and Piper.

RIP

I was just reading that..declared himself cancer-free in November...dies of heart attack today. So sad to hear.

NO. Are you serious. Damn. RIP Roddy...Man the WWF/WWE use to be so bad ass. No it sucks ass. This new PG era is total BS first up. And there's not many big name wrestlers either. When I was watching it (94 to like 07 or 08) You had just a crapload of big names. Stone Cold (Obviously my favorite of all time). But yeah you had Stone Cold, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker, Sid, Bret Hart, Diesel, Razor Ramon. Then up in the 00's you still had guys like Stone Cold, Undertaker, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and The Rock to go along with guys like Kurt Angle, Brock Lesner (beast), Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Mick Foley. Eddie Guerrero, Goldberg for a while. John Cena came in around 03, Orton and Batista did too. Yeah wrestling sucks. They need to go back to the good days of anything goes. I stopped watching because of the stupid PG era thing and also because of the few big names there are. Yeah the WWE use to be something a lot of parents hated. It was anything goes, Now its this dumb PG BS. I eill never watch WWE again until it goes back to how it was.

Piper, Macho, and Andre are all old-school, hard rubber wrestling figures I had that were huge parts of my childhood. Piper's "pose" was great for a war with anyone. RIP, guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT