ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

I don't really see defending Hulk, he said it, he should pay. Pretty shitty person if you ask me. The thing I do not get is, if you are a racist and say the shit, own up to it, do not deny or say "It was taken wrong, I did not mean it like it sounded" or whatever bull shit answer he will give. Guess Kamala was right about blatant racism in the WWE and HH.

I don't really see defending Hulk, he said it, he should pay. Pretty shitty person if you ask me. The thing I do not get is, if you are a racist and say the shit, own up to it, do not deny or say "It was taken wrong, I did not mean it like it sounded" or whatever bull shit answer he will give. Guess Kamala was right about blatant racism in the WWE and HH.

I don't think anyone defended Hulk. Just pointing out the fake outrage that always occurs in these instances.

Hogan has always been a selfish douche. Him denying this is simply just self preservation. You have to go through the ringer and kiss a bunch of butt to have some type of career ever again. You can't just be like "Yeah, I don't want my daughter dating a black guy and I'll never change that stance."

Vince saying that in a skit and Hulk Hogan saying it about some black dude railing his daughter is different. But whatever, peace out Hogan it was a nice run!

Story for the afternoon, sounds like they are talking about having Flair replace Hogan on Tough Enough. I might actually watch the show if Ric was on there.

Story for the afternoon, sounds like they are talking about having Flair replace Hogan on Tough Enough. I might actually watch the show if Ric was on there.

You'll just find yourself disliking every character on the show. Imagine every d-bag and witch you ever met in a gym or in college and that's this show.The judges format is way different than the past as well.

When Austin hosted it (loved that season), he was there for every challenge and saw these people first hand and made the decision. The new format is like this…

Billy Gunn, Lita, and Booker T are there for all of the challenges and coaching. Then fast forward to present time where they're all in a studio and Bryan, Hogan, and Paige are behind a desk watching everything the viewer is watching. Jericho is the DJ and does nothing but play a Carson Daily/Nick Cannon type role. Then the three judges pick someone they feel belong in the bottom 3 and the the fans who they want to keep the most of those three. The lowest one gets sent home.

Kind of crappy this year.

Good riddance Hogan. I wish he could've made this racist rant years ago, say in 1998, to get his old ass off my TV.

I liked the character when I was 6, but the dude was such a shitty worker. And if there's one thing that really makes me despise a person it's racism. Because racism is rooted in ignorance and is a learned behavior, meaning there's no excuse for it.

End rant. (I've hated Hogan since 93 or so)

So crazy. The public and PR reactions are brutal. You'd have thought he killed someone or abused a child. Now his legacy is over and tainted and WWE will pretend like he never existed.

Did Hogan know he was being recorded? If so, why the hell would he say that? Let this be a lesson to any public figure or someone who will eventually be known to the public... if you have these feelings, never voice them because the media will show no mercy.

These "feelings" are ignorant, rednecky, white trashy, stupid, uneducated and show lack of intelligence. The media shouldn't show mercy. A racist person is a stupid person. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Reactions: Cats and Canes
enjoyed Hogan's last red and yellow run in WWE in the early 00s for nostalgia reasons only. First time he came through the curtain to "Real American" in about 6 years I lost it.

:(

I was sick of him by the time WCW folded. I enjoyed his nostalgia run in WWE around 2003, but he was awful in TNA and even worse when he came back to WWE a few years ago.

Reactions: JustinSphere
Good riddance Hogan. I wish he could've made this racist rant years ago, say in 1998, to get his old ass off my TV.

I liked the character when I was 6, but the dude was such a shitty worker. And if there's one thing that really makes me despise a person it's racism. Because racism is rooted in ignorance and is a learned behavior, meaning there's no excuse for it.

End rant. (I've hated Hogan since 93 or so)

Was never a Hogan fan. Always felt he tried to steal the spotlight of my favorite wrestler (at the time) Macho Man. He always injected himself into everything.

Also, in 1998, no way he'd get the Benoit treatment for that. Our society was not as PC then. I guess it's a good thing that Austin beat his wife in 2003 instead of today or he'd be finished.

In terms of racism, I would like to see black racists treated the same way instead of everyone being afraid to call them out on it (Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson).

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
These "feelings" are ignorant, rednecky, white trashy, stupid, uneducated and show lack of intelligence. The media shouldn't show mercy. A racist person is a stupid person. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Yeah but racism doesn't just apply to white people yet those are the only ones who suffer the consequences.

Racism is racism no matter the race yet we've been programmed to think white people are the only culprits.

Racism is not copyrighted by "white trashy" and "rednecky" groups. Hell, some might even say those are racist terms.

You can't police people's inner thoughts and hearts either so this will go on until the end of time. Also, do know that I'm not attacking or arguing with you as I am a fan of yours. Just showing the other side of the coin.

Vince saying that in a skit and Hulk Hogan saying it about some black dude railing his daughter is different. But whatever, peace out Hogan it was a nice run!

Obviously different. Just thought it was funny.

Will Hogan end up on TNA or GFW after a months?

What he said was wrong no question, but I can't believe WWE is trying to give him the Beniot treatment. He might be the biggest star in the history of the company and without him what would WWF been like in the 80's.

For no reason here is a gif that will grab your attention...

UAxMBDu.gif

Honestly I don't see a problem with racism, except when it's kept in secrecy. I work with Mexicans everyday and some of them can't stand white people but it doesn't bother me. Hell sometimes I can't stand white people.

When you combine hypocrisy and racism is when it's ugly, otherwise hate freely! But remember it's like hating fried chicken.......your just missing out!

Kentucky Bandit, [cheers]

So I just read what Hogan supposedly said about The Rock, granted it was 8-years ago, eft him. I'm a huge Rock mark and have been since 97 so although I was not a fan to begin with, I don't want it to appear I'm taking up for him in the slightest. So for you Hulk
1271627194915_f.jpg

So watching some old Network stuff and I have a question. When WWE planned for Cena/Rock by 2011 to take place in Miami for WrestleMania 28, was the plan always for them to have a rematch at WrestleMania 29? Was it always the plan for Rock to get a title run at that point?

Always wondered that...

Last edited:
The stuff about The Rock is bogus. Hogan's rant was about his daughter and who she was sleeping with.

You're kidding me? How did I miss that?

Kid was awesome. Man, I didn't expect this.

Enzo, Big Cass, and Carmela work the WWE live show in Texas last night. Am I the only one extremely excited about them possibly getting called up? Enzo is a certified G, and a bonified stud...AND YOU CANT TEACH THAT!

Guys, sorry. Didn't mean to bring the thread down. I honestly didn't have any idea. I'm still kinda shocked actually.

He's on Twitter. Ever since the message board format changed, he can't log back in for some reason. Johnny 5 is alive!!!
Johnny5-5.JPG

MOTHERTOUCHER. Well played Spear. I will never forget this, so heads up[winking]. I felt like a big ole A-hole for not knowing. Thought the Wisconsin game may have been too much for the little guy. It almost killed me, so it was believable.

Jesus Christ, somebody can't get the kid logged in? Don't tell me I'm going to have to make a touching phone call?

Oh, before I forget, "..I'm gonna f#$k you like a n%$#er.." is a funny line.#noracist #creditwherecreditisdue

I too love the Vaudevillians! The tag team is definitely alive with New Day, Sawft, Vaudevillians, Lucha Dragons, to a lesser extent IMO PTP.

New Day rocks. My favorite segment nearly every show. They were phenomenal at Battleground. Big E "This is me, reaping."
As well as Xavier Woods and all of his shenanigans. Great stuff. They took a terrible gimmick that was nothing with ZERO reaction and made themselves arguably the most exciting over part of the roster. Kudos

Yeah, kinda got that in hindsight. I think I blanked on the word apparently in your post. Not my best moment, that's for sure. No worries though.

Just glad everything is alright with him. You know, besides that silly can't get logged in thing.

C'mon, CI, quit dragging your feet. Free BKH. He was a mod here for Christ's sake.

I too love the Vaudevillians! The tag team is definitely alive with New Day, Sawft, Vaudevillians, Lucha Dragons, to a lesser extent IMO PTP.

New Day rocks. My favorite segment nearly every show. They were phenomenal at Battleground. Big E "This is me, reaping."
As well as Xavier Woods and all of his shenanigans. Great stuff. They took a terrible gimmick that was nothing with ZERO reaction and made themselves arguably the most exciting over part of the roster. Kudos

I do not agree about New Day...I can't wait for them to get off of my TV Screen the second they come on. They have replaced Tyson Kidd has my most disliked performer/performers.

YES BKH has mentioned on Twitter after they redid the board here he can't get any of his credentials to work, which I thought was odd because I thought he was a moderator here.

I am sure by now you all have seen Scott Steiner's response to the Hogan situation. It is what you would expect in all its TV-MA Glory.

I too really did the Vaudevillians as just about everything with NXT.

Been watching some old NWA stuff, started with Wrestle War 89 and then finished with probably the best NWA show ever, Great American Bash 89. The 26th Anniversary of that show was on the 23rd.

I'm not really sure what this is, but Roddy Piper was on the Rich Eisen show talking about Hogan...I think. Watch if you can, can't tell if he is being Piper or drunk or stoned.

Vince McMahon: Hogan is out of WWE 2K16, we need something to replace him with!

HHH: I know

(Obviously this was planned a long time ago, but I want to imagine it that way!)

Also this...

2015-07-27-business-brother.jpg

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Don't think that is a drunk Piper at all. That's a guy that wants to stick up for a member of the wrestling frat because a slur is gonna cost someone what little life he still has and here we are everyday using vulgarities and not losing anything at all!

He also is dancing the fine line to not bring the heat his ways

How are they going to eat up 4 hours of Summerslam with a meteokre product and vastly unappealing matches?

She is boring as hell...in the ring and outside of it as well.

I think she is a good in ring performer. The screaming this is my house is stupid though. The NXT girls are where it's at though. Sasha, Becky and Charlotte are all better than most of the main roster.

Good.

Maybe he can take some time off.

Was there a "thank you, Rollins" chant?

Seemed like the crowd got behind Cena because he kept going with his face busted up...hell the Dr had to clean him up a couple times mid match.

Not our luck Heisman.

This is just going to add to Cena's "I'm always here" promo.

"I GOT MY NOSE BROKEN LAST WEEK. MOST GUYS WOULD HAVE TAKEN A FEW WEEKS OFF. GOTTEN IT CHECKED OUT!"

"NOT THIS GUY! I'M HERE BECAUSE I LOVE THIS PLACE. I LOVE YOU FANS AND THE WWE UNIVERSE!"

*mixed cheers and boos*

"I AM HERE BECAUSE IT IS TIME FOR UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP OPEN CHALLANGE!"

"AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, "THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!""

Reactions: KingOfBBN
ADVERTISEMENT