ADVERTISEMENT

Cal can now be fired for cause

loucatfan

Junior
Jul 6, 2005
You have two lottery picks and don’t start them . It is Not in the interest of the program to play favorites over what is in the best interest of the team that is paying you to coach your best. He has violated the universal duty to act in good faith . He should be gone . you can easily prove your case with analytics .
No question in my mind a Fayette County jury would Agree with UK if Calis dumb enough to fight his firing .

Reactions: catzcan
Cal is hired to make team decisions. Barney isn’t.

I’m ready for Cal to leave and he sucks with his NBA draft loyalty and playing the wrong lineups as a reault, but I certainly wouldn’t want my boss telling me how to do my job.

In other words, this isn’t “cause”.

If Cal loses in the first weekend, well, we’d all think that’s “cause”, but Barney won’t because Cal had us in as a 4 seed and in the dance. That’s enough for Mitch to keep him and not enough to justify the massive payout to fire him.

Reactions: westerncat
If only. I’m just hoping Cal realizes after 15 years it ain’t working anymore and decides to pack it up and take the Vandy or Michigan job. If he is determined to hang on through 2029 it will get ugly.

Ky is looking for a women team coach win win
I don't know what would be wrong with that. She might actually coach! Has anyone watched these "Journey" videos? Cal has graduated from just "go" to "Fight, and during the game, "Make a play."

Instead of platitudes what about player observations and instructions. "Hey the hot hand in this game is _____let's make concerted effort to get him the ball. Reed when you have a look take the shot. They are driving to the basket keep your man in front of you. _____stop, that's not your game." I don't hear anything even close to that.

You have two lottery picks and don’t start them . It is Not in the interest of the program to play favorites over what is in the best interest of the team that is paying you to coach your best. He has violated the universal duty to act in good faith . He should be gone . you can easily prove your case with analytics .
No question in my mind a Fayette County jury would Agree with UK if Calis dumb enough to fight his firing .
No he can’t.

I am resigned to the idea that Cal will be here until he wants to leave. The La Familia NIL deal is proof of a longer stint. I have no faith that Mitch, without persuasion from more important entities, will pressure or fire Cal. Our best hope is that Cal want's to retire to the easy figurehead position Mitch added to his contract so a new coach can come in and fix this mess.

I will be elated if wrong.

Reactions: catzcan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT