ADVERTISEMENT

Cal’s failure

TriCountyCat

Junior
Dec 5, 2010
Corbin, Ky
1. Our staring lineup has been a problem for weeks. We start most games flat and seem to play from behind.

2. Not adapting to guarding the 3 point shot. That is the new offense everyone runs and Cal doesn’t know how to take it away.

3. Crazy ass lineups. At the worst times. You could also add favoritism and promises of playing time.

4. Cal runs very few plays, the only adjustment he has made this year is getting our big out of the paint.

5. Apparently he prepares for our very little of our opponents. He says he just worries about his team.

I literally could go on and on and I’m a damn idiot. How come our millionaire AD doesn’t address some of these things.

Last edited:
1) Exactly. Start your best 5 player lineup. If you have to give up a bit of size to do so then do it. Then take your next 2-3 best guys and sub them in. If a guy or 2 are playing bad then you can bring in your 8/9/10th best players.

You want to build some defensive cohesion? Then you keep you rotate those 2-3 players in. You don't continue to just play guys to play them. If they aren't helping you win then you have to sit them. Even if their name is Aaron Bradshaw or Justin Edwards.

1. Our staring lineup has been a problem for weeks. We start most games flat and seem to play from behind.

2. Not adapting to guarding the 3 point shot. That is the new offense everyone runs and Cal doesn’t know how to take it away.

3. Crazy ass lineups. At the worst times. You could also add favoritism and promises of playing time.

4. Cal runs very few plays, the only adjustment he has made this year is getting our big out of the paint.

5. Apparently he prepares for our very little of our opponents. He says he just worries about his team.

I literally could go on and on and I’m a damn idiot. How come our millionaire AD doesn’t address some of these things.
Having Bradshaw and Edwards out there together which cow seems to a lot is like playing with 3 players, maybe 3 and a 1/2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT