ADVERTISEMENT

BYU’s New Coach

Mar 24, 2024
Kentucky
Is considered a home run hire by everyone, even considered an upgrade from Pope. This is a guy multiple NBA teams wanted to hire. He will keep Khalifa and re-flip Chandler, you heard it here first.

Edit: Some of y’all are way too sensitive lol. Relax, it’s a boring Thursday just stirring some fun on the board 😂

Last edited:
whats_up_brother.jpg

Is considered a home run hire by everyone, even considered an upgrade from Pope. This is a guy multiple NBA teams wanted to hire. He will keep Khalifa and re-flip Chandler, you heard it here first.
I hope he keeps Khalifa. That would be doing Kentucky a favor--as would Louisville by taking that sloth off the board.

Chandler would be a blow-hope he stays strong with his move to play for Kentucky/Pope.

The Mormon call to its flock is strong.

This guy was the highest paid assistant in the NBA and expected to soon get an NBA HC job. Yet he turned his back on that path to take a college job at one of the most unusually difficult places to recruit in the country. Go figure.

Reactions: Fox2monk

This guy was the highest paid assistant in the NBA and expected to soon get an NBA HC job. Yet he turned his back on that path to take a college job at one of the most unusually difficult places to recruit in the country. Go figure.
Is he Mormon himself?

I believe I read that BYU will only hire people of the Mormon faith.
Only for the head coach and usually just football/basketball.

The owner of the Jazz donated $30M for Kevin Young’s salary. So thats a big reason he took the job. BYU has been historically cheap in paying coaches.

OP signed up on here March 23rd. Looks back at my March calendar for events that happened during that time period,,,,,, Yeap ,, 100% certified the OP is a troll. Run along young pup, grown folks are trying to talk.

Reactions: UK90
OP signed up on here March 23rd. Looks back at my March calendar for events that happened during that time period,,,,,, Yeap ,, 100% certified the OP is a troll. Run along young pup, grown folks are trying to talk.
Yup, made an account to follow the coaching search. I’m sorry I didn’t spend the last 18 years of my life on a message board 😂. You know there is life out there besides being on the internet all day

Everything u said on your post sounds like a troll. This guy has never coached a college game yet better hire than pope. Hilarious...

The tone and content of your posts are highly suspicious. You might be more believable if you were a bit more upbeat and positive.
I think all my posts have been valid criticisms. I think Mitch botched the hiring process, I didn’t want Oates because he let a guy complicit in a murder stay on the team, I don’t think Reed will be that good in the NBA because of his defense, Mitch could be in serious trouble because of the current allegations. The jury is still out on Pope right now. Compared to a lot of other posts I’ve seen on here from people who have been on way longer than I have, my “negative” posts have been tamed.

Edit: Some of y’all are way too sensitive lol. Relax, it’s a boring Thursday just stirring some fun on the board 😂
JUst a foolish post.

I think all my posts have been valid criticisms. I think Mitch botched the hiring process, I didn’t want Oates because he let a guy complicit in a murder stay on the team, I don’t think Reed will be that good in the NBA because of his defense, Mitch could be in serious trouble because of the current allegations. The jury is still out on Pope right now. Compared to a lot of other posts I’ve seen on here from people who have been on way longer than I have, my “negative” posts have been tamed.
They have been so valid, you had to go back to the original post to say you were just stirring up fun on a boring Thursday. That is the definition of a trolling post.

They have been so valid, you had to go back to the original post to say you were just stirring up fun on a boring Thursday. That is the definition of a trolling post.
Yup, I said this post was a fun little troll post. As for any other posts I made they have all been valid criticism. However it is a possibility that it could happen. A lot of people are saying he’s an upgrade, he’s got the nba connections, he was a hot name for a coaching job in the nba, he’s Mormon, and I would think a Mormon player would rather play at BYU than in Lexington, KY because he would probably feel more comfortable there. This is a message board, don’t take everything so seriously.

His coach is probably getting fired within days, he made a move before losing his job

Yup, I said this post was a fun little troll post. As for any other posts I made they have all been valid criticism. However it is a possibility that it could happen. A lot of people are saying he’s an upgrade, he’s got the nba connections, he was a hot name for a coaching job in the nba, he’s Mormon, and I would think a Mormon player would rather play at BYU than in Lexington, KY because he would probably feel more comfortable there. This is a message board, don’t take everything so seriously.
You said that in your edit but not in the original post that is the key point. Its possible but its also possible that he is an epic failure. You want to only focus on the potential negative outcome while not exploring the positive possibilities.

You said that in your edit but not in the original post that is the key point. Its possible but its also possible that he is an epic failure. You want to only focus on the potential negative outcome while not exploring the positive possibilities.
Troll post aside, I think it’s something people need to potentially keep an eye on. I imagine getting Chandler back would be priority 1 for him.

Troll post aside, I think it’s something people need to potentially keep an eye on. I imagine getting Chandler back would be priority 1 for him.
The tone in this post is completely different and one that would be taken much more seriously. It isn't just the message that matters. The manner in which it is delivered is equally important. Post however and whatever you want but I'd work on the delivery if you don't want to called a troll with every post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT