ADVERTISEMENT

Buster faulkner

SEC > ACC
If you are talking UGA, Bama, Texas, LSU and maybe Oklahoma... sure.

Hell GT has more SEC championships than Kentucky. Tulane even has more. Kentucky has as many SEC championships as the Akron Zips. Just being in the SEC doesn't mean much if you're not winning. Kentucky is closer to Vandy than they are UGA/Bama/LSU/Texas.

Reactions: jonfreeman03
Jmo but the an and wr recruiting was so poor due to perception and a sh1t QB coach that we made the change to get better players in hopes of winning more games.

It definitely worked 1 year when we had the base of what we were doing combined with wandale. I know Levis gets nearly all the credit from fans, but wandale was the difference. Wandale was truly elite and basically unstoppable.

I will be glad to see us get back to a college style offense with someone who can still pull in balanced recruiting.
I have said this a thousand times.

Wandale Robinson made Will Levis a millionaire. And made Liam Coen look like a genius at play calling.

They both should mail Wandale part of their check every month.

Hell GT has more SEC championships than Kentucky. Tulane even has more. Kentucky has as many SEC championships as the Akron Zips. Just being in the SEC doesn't mean much if you're not winning. Kentucky is closer to Vandy than they are UGA/Bama/LSU/Texas.
Ok Booger. 🙄

Will he leave the state of Georgia? I guess that is the question.
From what I've been able to glean, it seems his primary goal is UGA OC. Read that Kirby loves him and told him to get some P5 play calling experience and he would be considered when Bobo leaves. Seems the family loves Athens, so the wife and kids still live there. According to reports, he's making $700k at GT and I suspect they could up that, though they certainly couldn't out bid us. The question is can 25-30% more from us entice him away from Atlanta or is he fine with no pressure GT job and not having to uproot his family with the idea that he'll be back in Athens before too long. Gut tells me Stoops will have to put more honey in the pot to get the wife and kids to Lexington.

Yeah I like some under center stuff too and dont see why the can run the jet motion off of that just like they do from the gun. The jet motion sets the rythm of the snap and keeps the LBs guessing and it can help a lot in short yardage too from under center faking to the motion guy and quick handoff to RB. Where spread teams suffer in short yardage is when they think its a good idea to snap it in the shot guy and then hand it off to a RB standing still in the back field while the DLine already has two seconds penetration. Drives me crazy
It's not that they can't, it is the increase in risk. From the shotgun a jet sweep is a pass, so a "fumble" is an incompletion and dead ball. From under center it is a risky and hard to time hand off that too often results in a fumble that can bounce out to the flat.

Last edited:
Reactions: cathouse
Not really. It doesn’t really compare. Nothing around central KY does. Occasional teams from Louisville might be ok.

Douglass has had a great deal of talent over the years by KY standards but they really aren’t jack. They were down 40 by halftime against that team from northern Ohio this year. Go down and watch teams in Nashville. Just more physical football and better coaching down there. KY hs football is t very good. I have an appreciation for how physical and desperate Boyle county plays but good teams in the south play that way with better athletes across the board.

South Warren went and played Hendersonville a couple of years ago when they won the state title against Douglass. They lost to Hendersonville by a score and that’s a state round of 16 or state quarterfinal type program in their class at best. That Hendersonville team lost by 50 to Oakland, one of the ‘legit’ tn teams. If you want to be a player that is tested it’s difficult to do in ky unless you play at Trinity or x and go into cincy to play some.

It’s why I believe so many higher rated qbs bust in college from here. They are misjudged because they haven’t faced squat in most cases. I’ve seen the Macintyre kid that just committed to UT. He’s much better than Boley. Throws from different arm slots, moves his feet well, sees p5 players pass rushing him, etc
My dad played HS ball in Miami and then FSU, so when I lived down there as an adult, he and I would go watch random HS games because the games would have 15-20 future D1 players in the game and were often more entertaining than a lot of college games. KY HS FB has made huge leaps, but they are still 3rd world compared to football power areas.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I have said this a thousand times.

Wandale Robinson made Will Levis a millionaire. And made Liam Coen look like a genius at play calling.

They both should mail Wandale part of their check every month.
And you've been wrong 1000 times.

Love Wandale....he's a great WR....but if he "made" Levis...then why has Wandale been a relative nothing burger in 2 NFL years.....while Levis looked like 2nd best rookie QB last yea?

Love Wandale....he's a great WR....but if he "made" Levis...then why has Wandale been a relative nothing burger in 2 NFL years.....while Levis looked like 2nd best rookie QB last yea?
Lol. OK.
If that's what you saw, good for you.
Wandell's ability to catch a lot of uncatchable balls raised WL completion percentage, ypc, and his ability to get open on deep routes helped showcase WL NFL arm strength.

Without Wandale, WL likely doesn't get drafted at top of second round to get a chance at playing as a rookie.

Before Wandale and UK, WL was a glorified Fullback who would have NEVER seen an NFL roster.

Yeah. We didn't have another WR that could have caught all the errant passes from WL that Wandale was able to catch.

And if you think WR is a nothing burger, you know absolutely NOTHING about football. JMO.

Where in the world is Bobo going to leave for? Flamed out at a G5 job. No NFL background like Monken has. Faulkner or anybody else waiting for the Georgia OC job better settle in a while.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
My dad played HS ball in Miami and then FSU, so when I lived down there as an adult, he and I would go watch random HS games because the games would have 15-20 future D1 players in the game and were often more entertaining than a lot of college games. KY HS FB has made huge leaps, but they are still 3rd world compared to football power areas.
Yes. I saw IMG play Miami Central last season and the athleticism in general but specifically in the lines kind of embarrasses KY and similar states. IMG is another deal getting kids from all over but Central beat them and just had so much athleticism. And that is a good program but not necessarily the best Fla has to offer from public schools. I mean if I compare what Cutter Boley played against vs many of these other kids it's another hemisphere. And my concern for him and why I feel he's a placeholder ultimately is that he struggles with teams like Mayfield KY. No offense to Mayfield.

Just raw number compare KY to TN or OH to the north and south. KY might get 15ish D1 football players out there on a good year. TN or OH put out about 40 or so just in p5's. I don't mean to be offensive but it's also reality that the coaching in other places is typically much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: satcheluk
Lol. OK.
If that's what you saw, good for you.
Wandell's ability to catch a lot of uncatchable balls raised WL completion percentage, ypc, and his ability to get open on deep routes helped showcase WL NFL arm strength.

Without Wandale, WL likely doesn't get drafted at top of second round to get a chance at playing as a rookie.

Before Wandale and UK, WL was a glorified Fullback who would have NEVER seen an NFL roster.

Yeah. We didn't have another WR that could have caught all the errant passes from WL that Wandale was able to catch.

And if you think WR is a nothing burger, you know absolutely NOTHING about football. JMO.
And without hiring a new guy that was supposed to pass more Wandale never comes back to UK to play. He was pretty open when he left the state why he didn't consider UK with the type of offense they were running. This is why the change from Gran was made just a year after being given an extension and 40-50% raise.

And when was all those GT championships? They aren’t relevant now either in those terms. But past don’t mean anything now. Who has better facilities, more money, and power 2 conference. Yeah UK might not be bama and osu but they are higher than gt and the acc conference.

A reminder that WR lost his first year as a pro to knee surgery. I was happy he ended up at UK, had a great but very brief UK career.

In terms of the NFL, you must've missed the last half of the season because, despite missing major time with injury, wandale was their go to guy. He had a good year despite injuries and an atrocious QB situation.

Levis played well but was up and down. Much like his time here, fans latch onto the amazing highlight plays and get amnesia about all the other things. That said, he massively improved his game since his jr year which is the year in question. That offense was perfect for him because it was pa and limited routes which suited him because he doesn't process routes quickly.

Both are really irrelevant because we're talking about a particular season at UK. That season, Levis could deliver the ball pretty well (regularly missed open throws) but the dual threat was his main weapon. Wandale was constantly open no matter what other teams did. His routes, toughness, rac, football IQ, and selflessness was truly elite. He too should be proud of how far he came since his time at Nebraska.

In terms of OC, it's fair to wonder why our wr core looked better under scang than a year older under coen. Imo it's because for whatever reason coen flipped the two and weirdly used them opposite of their skillset. Not surprising considering the same guy wasted over half the season (and at least one game) trying to force crod into outside zone.

Hopefully the next guy will be able to better suit the offense to the talent.

• Love
What Levis or anybody else has done in the NFL isn’t reality because guess what..the NFL is rigged!

In terms of the NFL, you must've missed the last half of the season because, despite missing major time with injury, wandale was their go to guy. He had a good year despite injuries and an atrocious QB situation.

Levis played well but was up and down. Much like his time here, fans latch onto the amazing highlight plays and get amnesia about all the other things. That said, he massively improved his game since his jr year which is the year in question. That offense was perfect for him because it was pa and limited routes which suited him because he doesn't process routes quickly.

Both are really irrelevant because we're talking about a particular season at UK. That season, Levis could deliver the ball pretty well (regularly missed open throws) but the dual threat was his main weapon. Wandale was constantly open no matter what other teams did. His routes, toughness, rac, football IQ, and selflessness was truly elite. He too should be proud of how far he came since his time at Nebraska.

In terms of OC, it's fair to wonder why our wr core looked better under scang than a year older under coen. Imo it's because for whatever reason coen flipped the two and weirdly used them opposite of their skillset. Not surprising considering the same guy wasted over half the season (and at least one game) trying to force crod into outside zone.

Hopefully the next guy will be able to better suit the offense to the talent.
Wandale could be a solid NFL #3 Wr…maybe #2 which is a very good thing. He caught 60 balls for 525 yards last year…granted Giants offense is a mess

But to propose he propped up Levi’s in 2021 is juvenile opinion by @cathouse …which js par for his knee jerk stuff. Levi’s was up and down…and he played behind a bottom 3 Oline with Titans. I thought Will acquitted himself nicely given all he had to handle in year 1. He clearly showed he was not as bad as Bryce Young was…and I think clearly better Qb prospect then AR15
Ever was

Wandale could be a solid NFL #3 Wr…maybe #2 which is a very good thing. He caught 60 balls for 525 yards last year…granted Giants offense is a mess

But to propose he propped up Levi’s in 2021 is juvenile opinion by @cathouse …which js par for his knee jerk stuff. Levi’s was up and down…and he played behind a bottom 3 Oline with Titans. I thought Will acquitted himself nicely given all he had to handle in year 1. He clearly showed he was not as bad as Bryce Young was…and I think clearly better Qb prospect then AR15
Ever was
Do yourself a favor and put me on ignore.

I will do the same for you. Have a nice day.

A person who always been correct with inside information in the past told me it won’t be Faulkner. tifwiw
Thanks for the info. If you go the GA Tech's site the only place it is brought up about Falkner is one thread on their premium site. Just saw an article about who OH ST's new OC would be. They mentioned C Kelley, Rees, Moorhead, Mullen and someone else.

Thanks for the info. If you go the GA Tech's site the only place it is brought up about Falkner is one thread on their premium site. Just saw an article about who OH ST's new OC would be. They mentioned C Kelley, Rees, Moorhead, Mullen and someone else.
I’m hoping he is wrong but he told me about Coen contacting Stoops after the Vandy loss and Leary, and Davis coming here before anyone was even talking about it. Doesn’t mean he will be right on everything though.

Ever was

That was in about half a season and with probably the worst QB play in the league. I know it doesn't make sense given his physical limitations, but he is really that good.

At the college level, he was elite. Quite possibly the best wr we ever had at UK.

If Faulkner is a no go I say the QB son issue couldn't be worked out, and he'll be staying at GA Tech a couple more yrs. Don't blame him a bit, family should matter more to these coaches. think about your kids more and not about slowly improving your resume every year.

I’m hoping he is wrong but he told me about Coen contacting Stoops after the Vandy loss and Leary, and Davis coming here before anyone was even talking about it. Doesn’t mean he will be right on everything though.
Yeah, situations can change anytime and the ability for them to be so clandestine is almost impossible to get any info on.

Reactions: yoshukai
If Faulkner is a no go I say the QB son issue couldn't be worked out, and he'll be staying at GA Tech a couple more yrs. Don't blame him a bit, family should matter more to these coaches. think about your kids more and not about slowly improving your resume every year.
Have been unable to find the son, a '26 QB, in any recruiting data base so he must not be a top prospect. FWIW.

That was in about half a season and with probably the worst QB play in the league. I know it doesn't make sense given his physical limitations, but he is really that good.

At the college level, he was elite. Quite possibly the best wr we ever had at UK.
He played in 15 games…I get Wandale js good. But he didn’t make Levi’s no more then Keenan Burton/Stevie Johnson made Woodson. All those guys could ball and lifted one another is how I saw it

Wandale made some YAC plays for sure. As far as unbelievable catches…maybe one in citrus bowl was amazing. But Wandale wasn’t fifty/fifty ball dude.

He played in 15 games…I get Wandale js good. But he didn’t make Levi’s no more then Keenan Burton/Stevie Johnson made Woodson. All those guys could ball and lifted one another is how I saw it

Wandale made some YAC plays for sure. As far as unbelievable catches…maybe one in citrus bowl was amazing. But Wandale wasn’t fifty/fifty ball dude.
Wandale was elite at getting open though. He’s one of those guys you don’t have to “scheme open” . But imo the Levis - Wandale argument is a chicken-egg thing . Hard to prove either way.

And when was all those GT championships? They aren’t relevant now either in those terms. But past don’t mean anything now. Who has better facilities, more money, and power 2 conference. Yeah UK might not be bama and osu but they are higher than gt and the acc conference.
Kentucky football is certainly not higher than ACC as a whole. The only reason Kentucky football has money is the basketball program. When Calipari leaves at the end of the year enjoy being middle of the pack. ;)

A person who always been correct with inside information in the past told me it won’t be Faulkner. tifwiw
As a GT donor I can assure you he isn't leaving. His salary is going up 150k and he will be with GT through his sons HS career. His son has already committed to play where his dad coaches and has mentioned he loves GT. I don't see Faulkner leaving anytime soon. Brent Key has raised a ton of interest in the program lately. Especially with damage control from the Collins era. Collins did more damage to GT than Paul Johnsons Triple Option. The stories that could be told of Collins would make you seriously concerned why UNC hired him as a DC.

Key is expected to land a top 15-20 class in the '25 class. Checkbooks have been opened and will soon be level to the top 2-4 in the ACC.

All knowing boger was correct. Have fun in homeless USA.

Last edited:
wandale and Levis benefited from each other. Neither were early draft picks before they came here together.

As a GT donor I can assure you he isn't leaving. His salary is going up 150k and he will be with GT through his sons HS career. His son has already committed to play where his dad coaches and has mentioned he loves GT. I don't see Faulkner leaving anytime soon. Brent Key has raised a ton of interest in the program lately. Especially with damage control from the Collins era. Collins did more damage to GT than Paul Johnsons Triple Option. The stories that could be told of Collins would make you seriously concerned why UNC hired him as a DC.

Key is expected to land a top 15-20 class in the '25 class. Checkbooks have been opened and will soon be level to the top 2-4 in the ACC.
Thanks for the info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT