ADVERTISEMENT

What does Cal say in his intro speech to the Arkansas Fan Base?

I dunno but for a bunch of dude who wanted him gone so bad y’all can’t seem to shut up about him

I just want to see him doing the PIG SOOEY chant 😂. If you Think he looked somber walking into his intro today right in the middle of that is when it will really hit him, Man I Fu**ed up!!!!!! 😂😂😂

I dunno but for a bunch of dude who wanted him gone so bad y’all can’t seem to shut up about him
We are enjoying the shit of him no longer being our problem. It’s called a celebration, we have had so little to celebrate the last 5-10 years, let us have our fun.

Reactions: ukwazoo
He's smart. He'll bring up the Nolan Richardson teams and how Arky was the most feared team in the country. And how his goal is to bring that back.

I doubt he mentions UK in the PC. He'll take shots at us through his media buddies later, though.

I think that will be very interesting. It will be the first thing he's said in many years that I will pay attention to. Will he call Arkansas the Gold Standard? Will he talk about it being a players first program?
He’ll say I’m here to recruit, I’m here to win, and we will. He knows this fan base, he knows this program, he knows he can win here or he wouldn’t be here. That’s what he’ll say.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Listen, this university is going to do great things. I promise. It took me 15 years to dismantle the University of Kentucky program. I mean, I've lost my motivation, but do YOU GUYS realize that right here in Arkansas, if you just travel a little bit south, we......WE......have everything that we need to put a pep in our step.

Fire Ants."

He certainly seems happy in the press conference, I’m sure it’s nice to be somewhere that he’s wanted instead of somewhere that he’s contracted to be. That’s no disrespect to KY, I agree with your sentiments that it had gotten stale, this is a win/win for both sides.

That dumb "A" Arkansas showed former UK players as part of CCC's intro. These morons start things off focusing on the NBA instead of what COW can do for them. They deserve whatever crap they will eventually get from him.

Reactions: RunninRichie
This idiot is just rambling about crap that has nothing to do with what he had screwed them for money wise.

Last edited:
🤢Cal said " I'm a turncoat rat bastard ready for his pig greasing"
"Start with my hair please".🤳

That dumb "A" Arkansas showed former UK players as part of CCC's intro. These morons start things off focusing on the NBA instead of what COW can do for them. They deserve whatever crap they will eventually get from him.
Because they are loyal to Cal first, right, wrong, or indifferent.

I think that will be very interesting. It will be the first thing he's said in many years that I will pay attention to. Will he call Arkansas the Gold Standard? Will he talk about it being a players first program?
"I don't have a magic wand." - from his 2009 UK presser and again in 2024 at Arkansas

We know, Cal.

He took a shot at the fanbase. ''Some people think you can't be players first and win, but you can''. This guy is never changing. He did the same tired lines up there, sold players first.

"I don't have a magic wand." - from his 2009 UK presser and again in 2024 at Arkansas

We know, Cal.
When the season ends the players are better than the start of the season. If this is true, why have they flamed out so early year after year?

Give CCC credit- He actually spoke in complete sentences. Must be the Arkansas air!

He is simply selling himself to recruits. It's all he has since he can't coach a lick. That's why Rob and Reed didn't start, it's why Shady didn't play at all, etc.

Players or certain players first at the detremint of the program

Reactions: RunninRichie
Because they are loyal to Cal first, right, wrong, or indifferent.
I am not talking about the players; I am talking about the university. If you want this guy to fully buy into what he stumbled his way into, you don't do it by reminding him of what he gave up for the job. I just saw an article that ranked the top programs in the country since the 1950s. Kentucky ranked #1 and Arkansas was around #365. How can he really be excited about that?

Last edited:
I am not talking about the players; I am talking about the university. If you want this guy to fully buy in to what he stumbled his way into, you don't do it by reminding he of what he gave up for the job. I just so an article that ranked the top programs in the country since the 1950s. Kentucky ranked #1 and Arkansas was around #365. How can he really be excited about that?

You don’t believe that, that’s the hurt talking, just a bizarre thing to say.

You don’t believe that, that’s the hurt talking, just a bizarre thing to say.
You are obviously an Arkansas fan who knows nothing about this board. If you did, you would know that I have been wanting this guy fired for years. He is one of the worst coaches in college basketball. He has to have the most talent just to be good, great is out of the question. I am more than happy that you guys were dumb enough to bail us out of the dumbest contract in college sports history. The only thing that is bizarre is that you guys gave a coach who has lost whatever edge he had the second highest contract in college basketball.

There's a part of me that worries he's going to go there fully renewed and wanting to prove UK and the fanbase wrong. But at the same time, that really says just how bizarre this whole thing became. That he's going to do for Arkansas, what he refused to do here.. because..? I'm not sure why.

I wonder if his feud with the fanbase and the pressure over time, just caused this weird and messy divorce where Cal was almost fine with losing games, because it meant getting one over on the fanbase. Maybe that's not what it is, but it's hard to see it as anything else. And if he totally goes back to winning at Arkansas, then it proves the point, that Cal was purposefully not putting the UK program first.

That's kind of the beauty here (and also the sad part).. Cal will either suck, and we know it was time for him to go. Or he does very well again, and we also know, it was time for him to go. Either way, the success wasn't going to be here at UK, and now we get to go find that again.

If he does there what he wouldn't here, it's because he was d1ck measuring with Mitch.

If he does there what he wouldn't here, it's because he was d1ck measuring with Mitch.

Probably some of that. My thought is that the pressure finally got to him here. He started verbal spats with media members and fans and it just snowballed from there. He was determined to win his way, and if he lost, he seemed to brush it off.

Reactions: docholiday51
He took a shot at the fanbase. ''Some people think you can't be players first and win, but you can''. This guy is never changing. He did the same tired lines up there, sold players first.
I don't care if this guy has a run or two. I'm happy for the change. Grateful for the good times; totally content with a new direction. Even if a new coach struggles early or whatever, it wouldn't make me pine for this guy. Hated what he turned the place into.

I thought it was funny when Cal told the Hogs crowd that it's about making dreams for the players and the crowd started clapping. That is one of the reasons he isn't here today. I guess they do not know that certain individual players are top priority over team and program. So he isn't going to change for them. He said his roster would be comprised of frosh, a few back and a couple of transfers. Exactly the way he done it while here. He made it pretty clear that is the way he does it. Felt kind of bad for their fans, all hyped up, not knowing what it will be like. Made it clear he does this help some kids reach their dreams. Very little about winning and championships. His attitude if that comes it is icing on his top priority.

He did regurgitate a lot of what he said here. Talked about people in Arkansas history, said he didn't have a magic wand. We vane here to hang banners etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT