ADVERTISEMENT

Build Nuclear Now!

The first are few & far between & occupy little space vs. the second. All the power needs of of the 2M+ people around Cincy were met by three of those. How much space is required for same power amount with those?
The pollution and fly ash aren't constrained to the site, they are relased into the environment. We do not have space issue in this country we have enormous amounts of empty space not populated and not suitable for agriculture.

Major reductions 🥱🤣

• The ice that survives year-round is thinner and more fragile than it used to be. Old, thick ice made up a third of the Arctic Ocean ice pack at the winter maximum in March 1985. In March 2020, it accounted for less than 5%.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingseve1
^
Come on Hack, that is a government source thus clearly owned and operated by Deep State commie lefty libtards, same as UN, climate scientists, university studies, media and basically all other common info sites. Miami Herald apparently rigged thermometers to achieve its dastardly goals. Please do bettter next time

• The ice that survives year-round is thinner and more fragile than it used to be. Old, thick ice made up a third of the Arctic Ocean ice pack at the winter maximum in March 1985. In March 2020, it accounted for less than 5%.
🙄

^
Come on Hack, that is a government source thus clearly owned and operated by Deep State commie lefty libtards, same as UN, climate scientists, university studies, media and basically all other common info sites. Miami Herald apparently rigged thermometers to achieve its dastardly goals. Please do bettter next time
I doubled down by quoting an article from MSM.

To Hell with scientists: I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Here ya go climate scammers 🍺 and this list was compiled by Terry Wilson, the greatest QB in Kentucky football history
Peak Oil occurs when use exceeds discoveries. Peak Oil occurred 40 years ago in California even though they still pump oil from there. Global new discoveries haven't exceeded use in years and years. There's still lot of oil out there. Peak Oil isn't an exotic idea. That's what happens with a finite resource. It gets used up. New sources of it become rarer and more expensive.

Ozone depletion was remedied by reducing CFCs.

Ice age studies were a media event not a scientific event.

That yock-filled list is more padded than a Middle School theme paper. Just a couple of weeks ago, here, sea level rise was mocked by showing a picture of Plymouth Rock. The caption didn't note that a) it was a pic from low tide and b) that the rock used for reference wasn't actually the rock the post claimed. The post also didn't mention dry day flooding in Florida. Florida has already begun the process of stemming the effect of SLR. The 2nd post that showed up in my Google search on the subject referenced Delray Beach's several hundred million dollar outlay for new pumps. Good old King Canute commanded the sea to go back. Maybe you guys can try to joke it back in place.

Meanwhile, if you're actually interested, there are sober, peer-reviewed studies that show things like sea level rise, temperature trends, atmospheric concentrations of trace gases, etc.

But that isn't "the beauty part" as the old saying goes. They people you guys would rely on to deal with the problem are the guys who are denying it exists. That's the beauty part.

The pollution and fly ash aren't constrained to the site, they are relased into the environment. We do not have space issue in this country we have enormous amounts of empty space not populated and not suitable for agriculture.
Power plant emissions are well controlled in the US. The land under those plates looks perfectly suitable for ag given the non-shaded areas are green. But who cares how high food prices go.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Peak Oil occurs when use exceeds discoveries. Peak Oil occurred 40 years ago in California even though they still pump oil from there. Global new discoveries haven't exceeded use in years and years. There's still lot of oil out there. Peak Oil isn't an exotic idea. That's what happens with a finite resource. It gets used up. New sources of it become rarer and more expensive.

Ozone depletion was remedied by reducing CFCs.

Ice age studies were a media event not a scientific event.

That yock-filled list is more padded than a Middle School theme paper. Just a couple of weeks ago, here, sea level rise was mocked by showing a picture of Plymouth Rock. The caption didn't note that a) it was a pic from low tide and b) that the rock used for reference wasn't actually the rock the post claimed. The post also didn't mention dry day flooding in Florida. Florida has already begun the process of stemming the effect of SLR. The 2nd post that showed up in my Google search on the subject referenced Delray Beach's several hundred million dollar outlay for new pumps. Good old King Canute commanded the sea to go back. Maybe you guys can try to joke it back in place.

Meanwhile, if you're actually interested, there are sober, peer-reviewed studies that show things like sea level rise, temperature trends, atmospheric concentrations of trace gases, etc.

But that isn't "the beauty part" as the old saying goes. They people you guys would rely on to deal with the problem are the guys who are denying it exists. That's the beauty part.
Here’s your part, meaningless with the rest of climate scam theory 🍺

Peer reviewed studies?

I suspect the only “peer” you could quote to impress, here, would be Alex Jones!

Reactions: Deeeefense
Peer reviewed studies?

I suspect the only “peer” you could quote to impress, here, would be Alex Jones!
Do you mean The Right Dishonorable Alex Jones?

Certainly preferable to pee-er reviewed. (You're in trouble then.)
Or the sadness of pier-reviewed studies sinking into the water.

I think I'd gotten hyphen-happy recently, inventing new combinations of words as if I were a German. Unfortunately, I've been omitting hyphens even where they belong, trusting to spellcheck to flag words that I've misused.

Reactions: The-Hack
Which one would you want to live next to:

This?
images

or this?

images
He's talking also about how you get those precious solar panels of yours. The mining of materials for those is toxic and done by slave child labor(you lefties hate slavery so why not here?)

Golf courses are a lot of open space to put solar panels on. Besides, there aren't any crops grown there.
If batteries could be transported efficiently, charge batteries in the Sahara and ship them elsewhere. Africa gets a revenue stream. The rest of us get (relatively) clean energy.

If batteries could be transported efficiently, charge batteries in the Sahara and ship them elsewhere. Africa gets a revenue stream. The rest of us get (relatively) clean energy.
Well if Biden can built a train across the Pacific & Indian Oceans, building on across the Atlantic ought to be a snap. Build a bullet one at that.

Why can't crops be grown there?
I suspect high acidity and the increased presence of heavy metals. The rock is supposed to be returned, topped with soil, and whatever will grow. But that's just for the flooding impact. Look at in in Google Earth. Reclaimed land really doesn't look like Iowa. It looks like the Moon.

Why can't crops be grown there?
Because there is very little top soil.

Could top soil be brought in for crops?

Yes, by removing it from other useful places.

I was given a tour of a 5,000 square acre reclaimed parcel 10 years, ago. It had everything a farmer would want, less than 2% grade, etc., but the soil was thin and gravelly. They were running elk on it. Ten thousand years of natural processes will make it fully farmable.

And in the meantime, I and neighbors have signed solar lease options for a project that, if completed, will cover my counties’ second largest hunk of “prime” farm lands as defined by the Feds.

Last edited:
Golf courses are a lot of open space to put solar panels on. Besides, there aren't any crops grown there.
I’d be for this, but there could be resistance!

Golfers of the World Unite! You have nothing to lose but your links!

. Reclaimed land really doesn't look like Iowa. It looks like the Moon.
Initially, of course. Some 30-40 years old reclaimed land is forested. And now greenies will make them even better by covering with solar panels.

Initially, of course. Some 30-40 years old reclaimed land is forested. And now greenies will make them even better by covering with solar panels.
We [humans] don't really see past the ends of our noses. Global temps, ocean heat content ... breaking new records by large amounts. We're really going to destroy ourselves. We just can't help it.

We're really going to destroy ourselves. We just can't help it.
We will adjust, even to the most dramatic of possibilities.

There have been times when the earth had no ice at the poles, but life flourished.

Yes, if the worst occurs, trillions of damages will be sustained in coastal areas, low-lying Florida, etc. but humanity will survive.

And heck, land in Kentucky will increase in value! They ain’t making no more of it, and if 5%?of the coastal lands are covered with water, it’ll be a shorter drive to the beach!!

We [humans] don't really see past the ends of our noses. Global temps, ocean heat content ... breaking new records by large amounts. We're really going to destroy ourselves. We just can't help it.
Yes the end is near, you guys went from global warming to climate change because it wasn’t working out in measurements but hey it’s the end of the world 🍺

We will adjust, even to the most dramatic of possibilities.

There have been times when the earth had no ice at the poles, but life flourished.

Yes, if the worst occurs, trillions of damages will be sustained in coastal areas, low-lying Florida, etc. but humanity will survive.

And heck, land in Kentucky will increase in value! They ain’t making no more of it, and if 5%?of the coastal lands are covered with water, it’ll be a shorter drive to the beach!!

We've never had a crisis like AGW, and we're in a world where "My opinions are worth as much as your facts." And very large numbers of people want criminals in power. There's a phrase -- enlightened despots -- to talk about people like Frederick the Great who were (supposedly) wise enough to chart a wiser course than the people would. When was the last time you heard of an "enlightened criminal"?

When James Hansen retired he did a fantastic geological study about Antarctica. He and his team discovered something alarming. Every time the atmosphere warmed 2C above 19th century levels, Antarctica has melted out. Not sometimes or often or usually. Every time. The paper agreed with the consensus, knowing beforehand that the consensus would say the same thing: What's the mechanism for that? Hansen didn't know. But asked, wouldn't that be a useful thing to know? So people have looked at Antarctic ice and how it melts. It turns out the warming ocean penetrates from underneath. So, for awhile in winter ice actually expanded around Antarctica. Well, why is that? Fresh water freezes faster than salt water. So much fresh water was entering the oceans around Antarctica that in (our) winter the bounding ice expanded.

Then, it didn't.

Ice is frozen water. So, when the expansion ended something else was happening than the influx of more fresh water. The water wasn't getting cold enough anymore.

So, when do you imagine people are going to give up their entrenched intellectual positions? Tomorrow? 10 years from now? 50 years? That's another thing scientists have discovered recently. People cling to their entrenched positions like grim death. That discovery was behind Trump's boast that he could shoot someone and not lose support. People's vanity is stronger than self-preservation. Ain't that a kick in the head?

So, when do you imagine people are going to give up their entrenched intellectual positions?
I think you answered your own question.

Essentially, mankind is not battling “entrenched intellectual positions.” It is battling entrenched uninformed opinion and hope.

I still hope climate change proves natural, temporary and reverses itself. I love V-8’s and Harleys.

I think you answered your own question.

Essentially, mankind is not battling “entrenched intellectual positions.” It is battling entrenched uninformed opinion and hope.

I still hope climate change proves natural, temporary and reverses itself. I love V-8’s and Harleys.
Natural? Dismayingly natural. We're just monkeys.

Temporary? CO2 has a distressing habit of lingering in the atmosphere a couple of thousand years.

As for reversing course, it won't be a mirror. We'll have changed the landscape considerably and used up the easiest energy to access.

Natural? Dismayingly natural. We're just monkeys.

Temporary? CO2 has a distressing habit of lingering in the atmosphere a couple of thousand years.

As for reversing course, it won't be a mirror. We'll have changed the landscape considerably and used up the easiest energy to access.
Al Gore and John Kerry says hi 🍺

We've never had a crisis like AGW, and we're in a world where "My opinions are worth as much as your facts." And very large numbers of people want criminals in power. There's a phrase -- enlightened despots -- to talk about people like Frederick the Great who were (supposedly) wise enough to chart a wiser course than the people would. When was the last time you heard of an "enlightened criminal"?

When James Hansen retired he did a fantastic geological study about Antarctica. He and his team discovered something alarming. Every time the atmosphere warmed 2C above 19th century levels, Antarctica has melted out. Not sometimes or often or usually. Every time. The paper agreed with the consensus, knowing beforehand that the consensus would say the same thing: What's the mechanism for that? Hansen didn't know. But asked, wouldn't that be a useful thing to know? So people have looked at Antarctic ice and how it melts. It turns out the warming ocean penetrates from underneath. So, for awhile in winter ice actually expanded around Antarctica. Well, why is that? Fresh water freezes faster than salt water. So much fresh water was entering the oceans around Antarctica that in (our) winter the bounding ice expanded.

Then, it didn't.

Ice is frozen water. So, when the expansion ended something else was happening than the influx of more fresh water. The water wasn't getting cold enough anymore.

So, when do you imagine people are going to give up their entrenched intellectual positions? Tomorrow? 10 years from now? 50 years? That's another thing scientists have discovered recently. People cling to their entrenched positions like grim death. That discovery was behind Trump's boast that he could shoot someone and not lose support. People's vanity is stronger than self-preservation. Ain't that a kick in the head?

I would love to know where you locate all these random internet sites and twitter feeds to post your "information", they are very entertaining, if nothing else. Is that one an Australian financial products website?

By the way, Dreadlox is 100% correct when he says: "That's another thing scientists have discovered recently. People cling to their entrenched positions like grim death." I have got one friend, by way of example, who is convinced the election in 2020 was rigged. Why? Because certain (not all, not even a majority) right wingers say so. No amount of hard data will convince him otherwise.

As my father used to say, 'Never let the facts get in the way of a good opinion.'

I would love to know where you locate all these random internet sites and twitter feeds to post your "information", they are very entertaining, if nothing else. Is that one an Australian financial products website?

By the way, Dreadlox is 100% correct when he says: "That's another thing scientists have discovered recently. People cling to their entrenched positions like grim death." I have got one friend, by way of example, who is convinced the election in 2020 was rigged. Why? Because certain (not all, not even a majority) right wingers say so. No amount of hard data will convince him otherwise.

As my father used to say, 'Never let the facts get in the way of a good opinion.'

For sure - we had people so convinced masks worked and the vaccine stopped COVID that they celebrated the unvaccinated dying, wanted people fired for no vaccinations, and masked 2 year olds and prevented children from going to school. 24 hour news and social media has weaponized misinformation to turn us against each other.

Anyone who says dread is 💯 can’t be taken seriously anymore 🍺

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT