ADVERTISEMENT

Bruiser just confirmed why Big Z is on the bench...

Maybe so but you can see his skills in that game. He preformed when the lights came on. He hasn’t been used at all since that game. A minute here, 2 minutes there of park on the block and don’t move. That’s not his game.
Hey I'm pulling for him tomorrow night.
They got a good backcourt but probably the worst Frontline in the SEC.
He should get some run

The problem is that Cal thought he was in the wrong spot.
he is in the wrong spot if he expected to improve himself
he would have been better off if he had just stayed home on Christmas break.
No we know why he & Barnhart didn't push the NCAA, he didn't want to have to give him a chance to play

WOW, Antigua must have really needed his job back then!!!
Only a beta is going to let their boss do this to them!!!!
That is a flagrant-2!!!!!!

OIP.f9wFsgAYw1vKtKA1KiDEIwHaHa
Would love to see OA throw down on him...

Cal got in Chins face last year and Chin gave it right back...

Cal is a complete and utter tool.

Seen every second of his Ga performance.
I wasn't talking about Z in practice because I've never seen him practice.
Just past players I have seen.
If Z is killing it in practice, he should be playing.
You have to be there to know but I have my doubts he looks like "Georgia Z" in practice.
If Z is killing it in games, he should be playing. He is clearly being misused and that's why he doesn't shine for Cal's stupid game plan.

So Cal is going to keep pushing Bradshaw on us when he can’t get a FREAKIN rebound at 7’ tall!!!! That’s not even mentioning how he gets ABUSED defending the Post or fouls because he brings his hands down when trying to block a shot. And he was billed as a Big that could shoot, but since the first UF game, he has been horrible shooting the ball.

Big Z moves better, can block shots, rebounds, shoots anywhere on the floor and is just as strong as Bradshaw. But he isn’t a Klutch kid so we won’t see him and the coaching staff will continue to downplay his ability.

Contrast the way the coaches talk about Edwards and Bradshaw as opposed to Big Z and Adou. It’s SICKENING!!!
said from day 1 that Bradshaw could not shoot or rebound. He couldn't do it high school against kids 6" shorter. This again is all handlers telling ccc what to do.
ccc has no spine to stand up to anyone but the fans. The program is a total laughing stock.

Do the coaches not watch the modern NBA game these days??!! It's a shooters league!!!! Big guys shooting 3s all over the place.
That is what Bradshaw want to do. Only problem is he is not that great of a shooter.

If Z is free and Cal doesnt play him tomorrow , at least 8-10 minutes .. I'll never watch another game until he is gone . None . I'll swear off the games

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Sounds like cal should change his game plan then instead of trying to change Z. Just completely ignorant to not game plan around a players strengths

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
Lol, only UK fans could see a player all of 34 minutes over 4 games (16 of them against a medicre UGA team) and convince themselves they know exactly what level of player he is and what they can expect his contributions to be if just given the chance.

I remember you very astute basketball minded people all saying similar about Dontaie Allen. He can't even get much PT at Western now.

Sydney Sweeney Laugh GIF by First We Feast

Lol, you guys are a riot! Don't ever change!

Oh, look everyone. Another new poster shows up to tell us Cal knows what he is doing, and we are all just too dumb understand it.
Seeing the really obnoxious pattern yet?

You lost me at "didn't do much in games." Did you not watch his debut in the GA game? Clearly after that Cal gave him a good talking-to and said "YOU WILL PARK YOUR ASS IN THE PAINT OR YOU'RE COMING OUT." And then when he doesn't produce Cal yanks him.
Only to promptly put AB back in.

Lol, only UK fans could see a player all of 34 minutes over 4 games (16 of them against a medicre UGA team) and convince themselves they know exactly what level of player he is and what they can expect his contributions to be if just given the chance.

I remember you very astute basketball minded people all saying similar about Dontaie Allen. He can't even get much PT at Western now.

Sydney Sweeney Laugh GIF by First We Feast

Lol, you guys are a riot! Don't ever change!
Oh man, time to figure out who Ranger Danger used to be? Baller Cal?

For real though, another moron that just says “whatever Cal decides is best for the program, I’m good with that” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Things are going so well for Cal right now.

Poor Mitchell has hit the wall, lost his legs, back issues (?) and his shooting has went to crap, but Cal and this UK staff keep running him out there for 30+ minutes a game!!!

Mitchel's last 3-games:
MPG: 31.7
FG: 5-23/ 21.7%
3PT: 3-13/ 23.1%
PTS: 5.0
RBS: 8.3

I think his non-conference play gave us false hope of what he could be against tougher SEC competition....
3-PT Shooting
Non-Conference: 16-42/ 38.1%
SEC: 9-31/ 29.0%
2-PT Shooting
Non-Conference: 40-62/ 64.5%
SEC: 28-51/ 54.9%

"[Big Z] was in the wrong spot, he just made shots." Diminishing his debut against UGA.

So Cal has no intention of playing him that way. That's why he's riding the bench, guys. Couple that with Cal's pregame comment about not trying to get Big Z baskets but to look inside for lobs to him.

Bruiser went on to say that he is "down the road" in terms of development.

Clearly Big Z embarrassed Cal by making all those shots and now he's being punished.
Well I think we have found our tweak guys! Everyone needs to be in the wrong spot especially on D! There you have it you complete fraud.

Newbie-knob-slopper "Bruiser" signed up for the message board!!!!!

Allen should have been molded into a rotational role player at UK in his first year but Cal had to use his 5-star failures, Boston and Askew for 60-mpg!!! Can't take the 5-star hearts and minds!!!!!

FACTS: Looked at the average STATS for the last 3-games of Allen (weaker comp) and the #2/ #3/ #6 Cal recruits on this yearsUK team:

UK 5-stars Bradshaw/ Edwards/ Wagner: 14.3-pts and 6.0-rbs (COMBINED) playing 60.3-mpg

3/4-star Allen: 15.3-pts and 5.7-rbs. playing 33-MPG

il_1588xN.2874931878_lyty.jpg

Dudes at wku. Dumb comparison.

• Haha
Reactions: ib4ky
How can any player really be "out of place" in this system anyway? There's no set plays on offense, and the defense is just a chaotic mess where they all get lost in switches. There was a baseline play where Z let his man go around him easily and he got yanked. Yeah, that was horrible D, but Bradshaw and Edwards have those gaps repeatedly every game. Players (actually, specific player promises) first!

Reactions: catben and Mike-McD
How can any player really be "out of place" in this system anyway? There's no set plays on offense, and the defense is just a chaotic mess where they all get lost in switches. There was a baseline play where Z let his man go around him easily and he got yanked. Yeah, that was horrible D, but Bradshaw and Edwards have those gaps repeatedly every game. Players (actually, specific player promises) first!
Yeah I thought UK went from the dribble-drive to the new catch phrase "RANDOM" basketball per CaL.
How can a player be "out-of-place" if your are playing randomly????
He was "out'of-place" because Cal probably regrets putting him in against Georgia, he should have been on the bench.......................
You don't say that Bruiser idiot quote anyways, that's just setting yourself up for more criticism from the fanbase and is dumb beyond words!!!!!

Bruiser learned from Cal on how to evade question. Question: How can you fix the defense? 'Give the other team the credit', 'Young team blah blah (Mitchell and Reeves aren't young)'.

Bruiser - 'we haven't been losing to no bums.' UNC Wilmington? How about not just losing but NEVER being in the game?

He was very smug. Saying they are a very good team....can one of these reporters not ask about how is their defense rated????

• Love
Reactions: deep3
"[Big Z] was in the wrong spot, he just made shots." Diminishing his debut against UGA.

So Cal has no intention of playing him that way. That's why he's riding the bench, guys. Couple that with Cal's pregame comment about not trying to get Big Z baskets but to look inside for lobs to him.

Bruiser went on to say that he is "down the road" in terms of development.

Clearly Big Z embarrassed Cal by making all those shots and now he's being punished.

EDIT:

Notice what Cal is doing in the huddle. He draws up a play for Z to back screen and then post up in the paint. Z ignores this and hits 4 straight threes (yes he had a toe on the line for one) and Cal ain't having it!

I can't stand Cow. Let's hip in for a billboard across from his house for free Z.😁

Poor Mitchell has hit the wall, lost his legs, back issues (?) and his shooting has went to crap, but Cal and this UK staff keep running him out there for 30+ minutes a game!!!

Mitchel's last 3-games:
MPG: 31.7
FG: 5-23/ 21.7%
3PT: 3-13/ 23.1%
PTS: 5.0
RBS: 8.3

I think his non-conference play gave us false hope of what he could be against tougher SEC competition....
3-PT Shooting
Non-Conference: 16-42/ 38.1%
SEC: 9-31/ 29.0%
2-PT Shooting
Non-Conference: 40-62/ 64.5%
SEC: 28-51/ 54.9%
Same with the guy Grady last year .. played him to death while the entire state begged for D Allen to get 10 minutes a game ( NOT 25. NOT 30 NOT even 15 ) just give a guy thats trying to fight thru an injury a break .. common sense ??? its a definite pattern

Reactions: ib4ky
Let's take Cal at his word. Big Z. is confused about our offense and his positioning. History with Cal is he doesn't utilize face up big men. Think about comments after Kentucky from Anthony Davis, or how misplaced Skal was when everyone but Cal could see he was so much better facing the basket. So, recruiting Z. or Z choosing Kentucky then was a mistake.

However, given our defensive issues and the need for a post shot blocker, Ugo has proven his value and Bradshaw has not. Why wouldn't Z. be placed in that defensive position then when even Cal says defense needs work?

The problem that continues with Cal is an unwillingness to adjust. His defensive schemes don't work, his offense had to have a new coach gain some influence for it to change. He still coaches a lot of dribble drive which works for DJ but the other players seemed skilled in different ways. Reed may be the best overall player on the team but offensive rarely sets picks for him. Well, why go on. If he can't figure out how to help and use Z it is just sad as clearly this kid is very talented.

I'm already on record saying he would be better off in the WCC.
Are you serious about AA candidate though?
Here's the thing I can't get past, I've seen practices when I was a student at UK and later with a hookup from friends on the football staff.
That being said I never once seen a player who got no clock or didn't do much in games, kick ass in practice.
I can't believe Z is handing Ugo and Aaron their ass everyday in practice or that he shoots like the Ga game in practice.
Teague dominated Harrow everyday in practice so Ryan's play didn't surprise me that much other than his lack of heart.
BJ is the poster child for Cal's pet but Dontaie Allen never challenged him in practice.
DA was a last one there, first one out type.
Matt Jones always said pump the breaks on Z and Matt gets good info.
I don't think anyone seen Z Georgia performance coming.
We'll all know the truth in due time, just can't get behind the held back conspiracy at this time.
How did Johnny Juzang and Bryce Hopkins look in practice?

Cal's handling of Z is a travesty. It is coaching malpractice that even he hasn't surpassed in his time at UK. This guy has an array of skills that AB and Ugonna simply don't have. We're doing the SEC a favor by not rotating him with Mitchell at the 4 and the other bigs at the 5. 20-25 minutes per game.

I can't believe that you guys are losing sleep over a loser whose name I will not use again until I hear that he is leaving.

• Haha
Reactions: CROCAT
Isn't positionless basketball supposed to be positionless, or does positionless mean something other than without position?

Cal is making my head hurt.

I dunno. Big Z looked like he was open and ready to ball in a pace and space offense. He was playing loose and wasn't forcing bad shots.

It is a damn shame that Reed and Big Z have to play under the clown show circus that is Cal's Kentucky program.

Bruiser is not helping matters by drawing attention to just how inept our coaches really are.
Calm down Filson. Everything will come together. We have Mitchell and Theiro with bad backs… Bif Z got sick and our guard out with a knee injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT