ADVERTISEMENT

BRITISH Open golf thread

This finishing on Monday nonsense pisses me off. Sack up, double tee and play 36. I'd be furious if I went over there to watch and had a Monday flight home.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
One of my favorite things about watching The Open is listening to BBC feed of the Tourney. The British description of the game is a blast to listen to.

Thankfully, the Open is only once a year. A hard tournament to keep up with the time difference and now the weather.

I'm actually going to enjoy being able to take a late lunch tomorrow and watch the end of a major.

Back at The Old Course in 2021, 6 years to make plans. Fly into London or Dublin then make our way up north for the weekend. Come back a day or so after. I'm in.

Looking at the packages for the next few years it looks manageable and I'm sure even more so if you book on your own.

This finishing on Monday nonsense pisses me off. Sack up, double tee and play 36. I'd be furious if I went over there to watch and had a Monday flight home.
Seems if you're going you wouldn't cut it that close. An extra night's hotel is small potatoes in the grand scheme.

DJ didn't have his game today, for sure.

That's why Golf is Golf. When a player doesn't have his game, it's not a "choke" 99% of the time. Anyone who plays golf should know that...

Van deVelde was a "choke". Having a bad round, a 3 putt on a bumpy green, making a bogey = isn't a choke. If that's the case, then I choke pretty much every time I play golf.

DJ wasted a chance today, for sure...didn't have his game. But the dude is still in contention yet again, is -7 at The Open, and a Top 5 world player. The 'mental midget' stuff needs to stop, TS. I guess Jack is a mental midget/choker as well given his 85 2nd place finishes, [eyeroll]

Some need to learn how to "win"...with DJ, I think having a "true" Pro on the bag would have already won him 2 majors though, TS. You think Stevie would have let that penalty happen at Whistling, or not had the balls to tell him to "Leave this one a Kick in at worst" at Chambers?

DJ is as talented as of a golfer as there is in the WORLD, right there with Rory IMO. He'll get his though, no doubt in my mind. He's only halfway to the amount of time it took Phil to get his 1st, and they are pretty similar as far as other-worldly talent goes...

With all the double-greens and tee boxes sooooo close to the greens I'm not even sure they could have done that. Even without the wind issues there were some long, long rounds.

This is so damn fun. Tom Watson made this my favorite major to watch as a kid, and this year has been great.
Not to me. I don't like links courses...I like trees and sunshine. It's my least favorite major. I just hope there is an exciting finish.

17 is such a crazy hard hole. I can't imagine having to drive over a building to put it into good position, then you've got tight out of bounds on the right and the bunker of death on the left. I'd be thrilled to get out of there with a 9 or better.

17 is such a crazy hard hole. I can't imagine having to drive over a building to put it into good position, then you've got tight out of bounds on the right and the bunker of death on the left. I'd be thrilled to get out of there with a 9 or better.

If I ever get to play there, I would seriously play it as a par 5, going left of the hotel, lay up short, and try to pitch up and 2 putt, and walk quietly to 18 tee........

If I ever get to play there, I would seriously play it as a par 5, going left of the hotel, lay up short, and try to pitch up and 2 putt, and walk quietly to 18 tee........

So you potentially have one chance to play one of the most famous holes in golf and you would choose to bail out?

Puss.

17 is difficult. Played there about 10 years ago. I parred it. I played well that day shooting 75. TV doesn't do justice to how close the road is to the green. I can't imagine playing it in Open conditions.

17 is difficult. Played there about 10 years ago. I parred it. I played well that day shooting 75. TV doesn't do justice to how close the road is to the green. I can't imagine playing it in Open conditions.

BFD. You shot a 75 on a course with no trees or sunshine. Learn real golf courses.

Reactions: GrandePdre
So you potentially have one chance to play one of the most famous holes in golf and you would choose to bail out?

Puss.

"Man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry.

I don't think I could take it out over hotel from the back tees, honestly.

Yeah it's awful to see golf played at the course it started on and has more history and tradition than every other course combined.

Watch something else if you can't appreciate this.
History and tradition on that course means squat to me. I only watched because it was an exciting finish. I just don't like links courses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT