ADVERTISEMENT

Bitcoin and other Crypto (cont.)

At this point, I don't even look at my Coinbase Accounts. I'm sure in the future, this will take off, 10-20 years down the road.. but right now, it's just an investing gimmick to me. For every 1 person that became a millionaire, 10,000 lost a paycheck or two.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Do you think it will be sooner or later.. or never?

Honestly, idk if it ever will do anything.. but at the very least, it seems applications for this are still far off.

I thought you were referring to crazy speculation in the bitcoin market. As it being used as a currency for certain use cases / geographies, I am more bullish on that. But it will have to be stable to do so... and therefore no reason to jump in early.

Tesla sold 75% of its BTC holdings worth $936 million and converted it to other currencies. BTC was having another rally today then immediately tanked after their quarterly earnings release.

Reactions: chroix
Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
My friend is still an avid believer in Bitcoin but I just don't see it. I can't believe how much he has put into it. It seems so unstable. I don't know where the confidence comes from to stay the course.

FTX filed bankruptcy earlier today. CEO stepped down. I jumped briefly on the crypto train, but never seriously invested in it. Mined a little. Couple friends/work colleagues jumped heavy. I guess I'm too old school with equities and bonds.

Stay tuned.

I think crypto did a damn admiral job trying, but there’s too many powerful forces for anything to upend the dollar.

Good breakdown of the dude that is basically to blame. "FTX is backed by a slew of high-profile investors, including SoftBank Vision Fund, Tiger Global, Sequoia Capital, and BlackRock." This is going to further hurt the global economy though.

Also, here is his gf.... Never trust a billionaire with gf that looks like this.

64468587-11419415-image-m-16_1668233961706.jpg

My friend is still an avid believer in Bitcoin but I just don't see it. I can't believe how much he has put into it. It seems so unstable. I don't know where the confidence comes from to stay the course.
My wife and BIL jumped in early and put a good amount into bitcoin against my warnings over it. Not sure where they stand now, they are not talking much about it. Me and my wife have separate accounts and I pay a larger part of the bills so she can invest hers since the only retirement she will have when she retires is SS, and whatever she has in her 401K (stocks she invest in) so, it does not affect my status other than me paying a larger portion of the bills.

Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat

Good breakdown of the dude that is basically to blame. "FTX is backed by a slew of high-profile investors, including SoftBank Vision Fund, Tiger Global, Sequoia Capital, and BlackRock." This is going to further hurt the global economy though.

Also, here is his gf.... Never trust a billionaire with gf that looks like this.

You’ve got to be kidding

Edit to add. Found out why he has a gf that looks like her... Her dad is really good friends with SEC chairman. 2 rival crypto wallets were investigated but not FTX even though there were apparently questions about their business going back a few years.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT