ADVERTISEMENT

Begok

cb8b0768-6e37-4dca-a691-c9d9600d0475.gif
Damn. That's disturbing.

Reactions: chroix
Seems right to bring this back. I see this horrible nickname being floated by a poster again, yet this go around maybe it’s earned.

Either way. Air your Cal grievances or post your baseball player/alien pics. Who cares

I do however believe this team will make a deep run if not do it all…in spite of Cal.
Your need to bump this thread every few months is legendary!

GRICAR100.jpg

all time favorite card. Not his most expensive rookie, but so iconic. The old timer feel to it with “the kid” signaling the new era. I think this card exemplifies the transition from old baseball to new like no other. Had to have it signed at a 10.

Favorite player by far but as a mariner. Never could see him in a Reds uniform.

Baseball is so weird, the way your favorite player might not have ever played for your favorite team. Very unusual, not really sure there’s another sport like that.

2 of my favorite 5 players never played for the cardinals.

Being honest, I think the Reds 80’s retros are so much better than what they wear today. Never did like the sleeveless pinstripes. They need to go back to basic. The reds uniforms just look better in that basic cut.

Wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t say nothing is better than the birds in the bat though. I have to be an asshole about baseball.

Reactions: kyboy1998
3b84e2ce2663f0965c9eaf5b769c9daf.jpg

I agree, baseball is cool like that. I used to Like Leon Durham a lot when I was young. Never a Cards (though second team) or Cubs fan.

In other news we need a run. I’ve also played enough mental gymnastics to have us in the E8. Still working on lying to myself for the rest.

Reactions: Gromcat
Being honest, I think the Reds 80’s retros are so much better than what they wear today. Never did like the sleeveless pinstripes. They need to go back to basic. The reds uniforms just look better in that basic cut.

Wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t say nothing is better than the birds in the bat though. I have to be an asshole about baseball.
Reds old school is awesome. Simple. Block lettering and proper fit always work. I’d love to see those with stirrups again haha

Met Tracy Jones through some Reds Community Fund events. Such an enormous asshat. The only Reds player I ever met that was more of an a-hole than him was Chris Sabo.

GRICAR100.jpg

all time favorite card. Not his most expensive rookie, but so iconic. The old timer feel to it with “the kid” signaling the new era. I think this card exemplifies the transition from old baseball to new like no other. Had to have it signed at a 10.

Favorite player by far but as a mariner. Never could see him in a Reds uniform.

Baseball is so weird, the way your favorite player might not have ever played for your favorite team. Very unusual, not really sure there’s another sport like that.

2 of my favorite 5 players never played for the cardinals.
My all time favorite player loved him and the boy took a pay cut to play for the Reds when he really could’ve made bank with any team!

3b84e2ce2663f0965c9eaf5b769c9daf.jpg

I agree, baseball is cool like that. I used to Like Leon Durham a lot when I was young. Never a Cards (though second team) or Cubs fan.

In other news we need a run. I’ve also played enough mental gymnastics to have us in the E8. Still working on lying to myself for the rest.

Love that pic.

Elite 8 isn’t gonna happen baring some major development, like Ulis is running the team.

I just can’t. I’m too invested over time into UK basketball even still. I hate what I fear is happening.

Reactions: kyboy1998
My all time favorite player loved him and the boy took a pay cut to play for the Reds when he really could’ve made bank with any team!

I think it’s easier for reds fans to see him in that uniform. His dad was before my time and as a kid I didn’t know the history. As a 90’s kid and baseball player everything I wore was Griffey Jr. and Ozzie. miss those days. Wish he would have played in STL of course. Just wasn’t the same player in cinci after that injury.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
If I had to pick my 5 favorite players of all time that I watched play I would probably fit in 2 of my favorite as I grew up. I was a huge Doc Gooden and Darryl Strawberry fan. The other 3 are for sure Eric Davis. The other 2 are Moeller guys. Barry Larkin and the Kid Griffey Jr. I I was a switch hitter growing up and even did the Strawberry leg kick and the Eric Davis low bat placement/hands twitch. The mid 80s-early 90s, damn those were the days

s-l500.jpg
I think it’s easier for reds fans to see him in that uniform. His dad was before my time and as a kid I didn’t know the history. As a 90’s kid and baseball player everything I wore was Griffey Jr. and Ozzie. miss those days. Wish he would have played in STL of course. Just wasn’t the same player in cinci after that injury.

I understand. I was a short stop through high school and loved Concepcion. Was pissed as a kid when he was replaced by Larkin (who ended up decent haha)

Baseball players were bigger than any to me at the professional level. I don’t care about any of them now.

That homerun off Dave Stewart in Game 1 set the tone. I wore out the video of those 4 games when I was younger.
I could build you a shrine to Eric Davis with baseball cards, old posters and signed baseballs I’ve saved.

I’m getting ready to turn 47 but the athletes then left an impact. They are just in my basement storage now haha!

Reactions: Jamal Mercer
Met Tracy Jones through some Reds Community Fund events. Such an enormous asshat. The only Reds player I ever met that was more of an a-hole than him was Chris Sabo.

Through a mutual friend I have had a couple social interactions with Chris Sabo. I found him to be very genuine and nice.

Oh the plot thickens.
Lots of weird stuff going on here lately. Where’s Bass, Edd, Begok, etc. All happened about the time I got PM’d by a mod with a warning lol. Runnin Richie and Grom on to something? I don’t know, but it’s different. Even got asked a question from a mod I’d never had talks with before about something in my related work field. I 100 percent believe he is legit, but it was weird. Different mods, by the way. I’m trying to tip toe thru the tulips, anxious to see what plays out. It’s interesting, to say the least.

• Sad
Reactions: ruppsrunt66
220px-Jon_Rauch_on_April_5%2C_2012.jpg

This guy pitched for us when I was in school. Tallest player ever in the majors at 6’ 11. Crazy enough he wasn’t athletic enough to make the basketball team at that height and would have been your last pick on a wiffle ball team. Knew him from before teens on.

He did pitch middle relief for 13 years and made lottery money somehow. So good for him.

Good guy though and he was such a nerd I’m not sure where the tattoos came from. Overcompensating maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT