ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball school

Status
Not open for further replies.
If UK lands a Top 5 football class, Stoops might be so generous to loan Cal someone with enough talent to keep a 5’ 8” midget out of the damn lane!
If is the key word in your statement. I am a huge UK football fan, but get back to me when we actually make the SEC championship or something other than a turd bowl and I will be on board for the "We are a football school".

The bb faithful defend him to a fault

Then dump all over Stoops. Stoops has the program headed in one direction. Cal has already sunk a program that all he had to do was tag home plate but gets thrown out almost every time w 2015? Being the exception.

That say they want bball to succeed. Then why are you defending the ducktail?

It’s maddening.

If is the key word in your statement. I am a huge UK football fan, but get back to me when we actually make the SEC championship or something other than a turd bowl and I will be on board for the "We are a football school".
Nice new moniker!

We defeated ranked teams in our Citrus Bowls, hardly “turd” bowls. And if you were a football fan you would know this.

How many ranked teams have we beaten in roundball tourney play since 2018?

Reactions: rudd1
Nice new moniker!

We defeated ranked teams in our Citrus Bowls, hardly “turd” bowls. And if you were a football fan you would know this.

How many ranked teams have we beaten in roundball tourney play since 2018?
You can cherry pick the last 4 or 5 years all you want. How many conference titles have we won in football ever? How many national championships have we won in football ever? How many top recruiting classes have we got in football ever? I mean I could go on and on and I am my no means knocking Stoops and the job he has done here, because it has been a remarkable turnaround from the product that Joker left us with, but to act like we are somehow a football school because we have won a few bowl games over a barely ranked team is silly. Football is certainly trending in the right direction and basketball in the wrong I won't argue that with you though, but we are a long way from becoming a football school.

The basketball program is struggling right now but IMO it isn't just about our program, the entire sport of college basketball has some major issues. It isn't necessary to label any school a this school or a that school. Football is currently enjoying historial success. Enjoy football and all the good things that are going on with it.

Berating basketball doesn't elevate football nor does marginalizing football's recent success elevate basketball.

but to act like we are somehow a football school
Search this thread: I have never proclaimed we are a “football school,” and find that such proclamations are foolish: we currently are the only SEC school ranked in the Top 10 for all sports, hence we are currently an “all sports” school, if we have to tag ourselves.

The point of my posts on this thread is simple: much is expected from those to whom much is given . . . and much more is expected than mere self-aggrandizing statements as was made by Calipari.

Calipari was handed arguably the top basketball program in the nation. Stoops was handed a program in the bottom third of the P5. The fact that Stoops’ accomplishments the passed 5 years exceeds Calipari’s, and also that his base salary exceeds Calipari’s, is telling.

I don’t know what school we are anymore. We seem to have overpaid underachieving coaches everywhere within our program.
Are we still good at archery?

Well what's the result now?
Now??

The same as it was the last two years.

Another Calipari loss to an unranked opponent, post-season.

How many times does this have to happen before roundball fans actually understand this thread: if you talk the talk, you’d better walk-the-walk.

Cal tossed his “basketball school” line out because of his own defensiveness regarding our persistent slide.

And Carma has delivered the most expected result: more mediocrity delivered by the inheritor of the greatest tradition in college basketball.

Cal lost post-season to a team that had never won an NCAA Tourney game. Stoops dropped a Bowl game to a team regularly in the National Title conversations the last decade.

Oakland??? I had no idea there was a school named Oakland!!

This is so predictable, I posted a poll after the SEC tourney whether I should wait for our loss to an unranked team in the NCAA tourney before resurrecting this thread. The majority said to wait.

And I didn’t have to wait very long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT