ADVERTISEMENT

Ball State at Kentucky (Game 1)

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
I apologize I wasn't able to get a preview thread out this week, I've been fairly busy today. I will say that Ball State is a solid team having split 2 of 4 against Arizona and taking 2 of 3 against Bradley. They haven't played since last weekend, so they should come in fairly well rested. Again, their offense doesn't appear to be anything amazing... they've only scored over 5 runs in 1 of the 7 games they've played and they got blanked twice. So, I am hoping that UK pitching can keep their scores low and our hitters show up and put up 6+ in each game. I'll post the lineup when it is released, likely around 3pm.

UK will wear their cream jerseys today but other than that all things look pretty consistent.

We need Zeke and Ritter to start hitting

That would be huge. Really, it might even be good to shuffle the lineup a bit and have someone else hitting at the bottom so you have Schultz possibly being more effective when the lineup flips over.

I wish they would sell those cream jersey's. I would get one in a heart beat.

Likewise. I keep checking out the UK equipment sales on that auction website hoping that one will show up on there, but there hasn't been one yet. I imagine if one shows up it won't come cheap.

Ritter keeps the Cats alive - He needs to do more of that.

We need Zeke and Ritter to start hitting
Bottom third of the lineup been a struggle. Still early but wonder if Kessler, Grace, Shelby (move Schultz back to 2b) will start to get more starts. Not sure there is someone that will replace Ritter, so hopefully he can keep his head above water

Solid inning. Bottom of the order is going to have to start producing or we’ll struggle in league games. Ritter takes way too many good pitches.

Is it a rule that UK can’t have a player, that plays the 6, that can hit the ⚾️? There’s been a lot of non hitting players over the years that have played at that position 😔

Ball State has guys on the corners with 1 out and this is why we had to get some runs with the bases loaded in the b3rd

3 up, 3 down.... It looked like Rhodes had a HR but umpire called it foul.

Who is the guy doing the play by play tonight? I've never heard him before. He's pretty good.

A test of pitching wills at this point. Having a one run lead makes me nervous, though.

A test of pitching wills at this point. Having a one run lead makes me nervous, though.

I like it in some ways. A good test. Will be interesting to see who UK turns to in such a tight one and how long they go with Stupp.

Wish coach would see what other bats he has that could maybe hit. Hoping our pitching holds on.

Whew after that pitch it might need to be a short leash. That was a dangerous pitch left up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT