ADVERTISEMENT

Back from the Father-son camp...

Dec 5, 2011
And it was awesome. First time on campus for me, and I really enjoyed it. Met all of the coaches, my son got autographs and pics with all of them. 5 players were there and signed a basketball for us. John Robic was our camp director. He was really fun to be around. Marquis Estill was one of the coaches for our group. That dude is big! Coach Cal spoke at the camp opening and camp closing, he was great. Derek Willis played one on one with my son Evan, which was fun to watch. All in all it was a great experience. We stayed in the dorms , so I had flashbacks to being in college. Any father that has a son interested in hoops, this is a really fun thing to do. I highly recommend it. I also recommend ibuprofen and ice packs! I was hurtin on Friday night, but felt better on Saturday. The last half of the day on Saturday, we were in the Joe Kraft Center. That place was awesome. Even got to go in the locker room. Just an awesome place. For a 45yr old guy that is Indiana born and raised, but a UK fan since birth, it was a dream come true for me to be there!

Where were you when you weren't @ the Craft Center? I've been twice and both times we were almost exclusively @ Craft/Memorial. We only left for a tour of Rupp and the Lodge.

We were in 3 spots. The Seaton Center for the first session. Then Memorial for session two. Then the Craft center for session 3.

Thanks for the update! We are going to the Overnight camp next week and the the Father/Son at the end of the week. Can't wait...glad to hear it was an awesome experience!

For any of you guys that have wives, moms, or girlfriends that are big UK fans, the womens clinic in October is awesome.
You break into small groups and go to different sessions to watch training, game prep, recruiting etc. You can interact with the players
and coaches during drills! Coach Cal is there the whole time and at end you get autographs from all the players. Really a fun night.

I went with my dad to the father son camp in 97. It was incredible. You'll have lifelong memories of it. I still remember being in the commons area the last night of it. Pitino bought the sons and dads pizza while the players and kids/dads watched the championship game on a jumbo screen. I was in awe being 9 at the time and have never forgotten it.

For any of you guys that have wives, moms, or girlfriends that are big UK fans, the womens clinic in October is awesome.
You break into small groups and go to different sessions to watch training, game prep, recruiting etc. You can interact with the players
and coaches during drills! Coach Cal is there the whole time and at end you get autographs from all the players. Really a fun night.
What does a guy have to do and when, to send his wife to this. Thanks.

Reactions: catfan02
kyhillbilly1, they send out email notices to past attendees and it fills up fast. Sells out every year. Usually held in October.
Usually it is announced on social media when you can sign up. Cost is $100 and that includes dinner.

ADVERTISEMENT