ADVERTISEMENT

At what point does it become too embarrassing for Cal??????

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
How much ABUSE can his ENORMOUS Ego stand?????

Because it is going get EXTREMELY rough on him from EVERYONE now. National media, local media, fans, boosters, etc are going to BASH away on him and it is not going to let up.

Is that $8 million/year enough for all of the criticism that is going to come his way in DROVES???!!!!!!

Thoughts?

Last edited:
How much of the negativity is it going to take for him to walk away from the contract?

I never dreamed that the KNOW-IT-ALL BLOWHARD would allow himself to sink to such a low state.

Where is his pride????!!!!

Did all of that money take his Ego away????

For 8 million a year I'll stand on the bench looking like an idiot while my team craps their pants. Honestly I'd take a pay cut and do it for half that amount.

Because it is going to EXTREMELY rough on him from EVERYONE now. National media, local media, fans, boosters, etc are going to BASH away on him and it is not going to let up.

Is that $8 million/year enough for all of the criticism that is going to come his way in DROVES???!!!!!!

Thoughts?
He doesn't care. Those big checks help. Local media will do nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: catben
Cal could care less about UK or its fans. He is all about Cal and getting kids to the league. He uses Ky money fans and facilities to accomplish his goals.
Oh, I realize he couldn't give 2 craps about UK or the fans, but how about how INCOMPETENT he is looking right now stretching back the past few seasons. I always looked at Cal as taking pride in proving the "Basketball Benny's and media that criticized him wrong. But not anymore. He has lost ANY pride that he ever had!!!

WHY does his legacy suddenly not matter to him anymore????!!!!! It couldn't be the money alone could it???

Barnhart has to share in the blame. If he doesn't give Cal a lifetime contract UK would have had a new coach 3 or 4 years ago
Oh, this whole situation right now is TOTALLY on Mitch!!!!!!

He is the very reason we have to depend on Cal either getting sick of all of the criticism and quitting, taking some pride back into his reputation and fixing this or just riding it out and drawing all of that money and just taking all of it and not changing anything.

SAD

It almost seems like this is by design. Cal has given everyone at UK the big middle finger for awhile now. Cal just has to say he was just being players first and how he put winning secondary and he wouldn’t be lying.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Because it is going get EXTREMELY rough on him from EVERYONE now. National media, local media, fans, boosters, etc are going to BASH away on him and it is not going to let up.

Thoughts?
Cow don't care. Laughing all the way to the bank.
duck tales television GIF

• Angry
Reactions: catben
If 20,000 fans would boo Cal, every game, when he’s introduced, maybe it would embarrass him enough to leave.

I’d say skipping out on the post game call in show is a good sign he’s getting there.

If 20,000 fans would boo Cal, every game, when he’s introduced, maybe it would embarrass him enough to leave.
The fans ultimately hold the power to prompt a change. The fans can force Mitch and the power folks to do something. But social media yelling isn't very impactful. It was to be seen and heard inside Rupp. If you're gonna go, support the players but you most certainly can boo the crap outta that car salesman. This will be about money. That's how the fans can vote Cal off the island. Stop giving UK your money. Empty seats, no Rupp revenue, stop buying t-shirts. Instead of giving UK the money, try a couple billboards.

If the fans did It would only make Cal take more if a screw them attitude. Cal isn’t changing regardless of what the fans do.

If the fans did It would only make Cal take more if a screw them attitude. Cal isn’t changing regardless of what the fans do.
You are right about Cal not caring about what the fans think. But, he does care about HIS national perception. When the national media starts making fun of him and calling him washed up, I am hopeful that his ego takes such a hit that he either quits or starts ACTUALLY coaching again.

It is more than obvious that Cal doesn't teach his team the concepts of the game anymore. When you get BURNT 5 times by an underneath the basket inbounds play for a dunk or WIDE OPEN 3, your coaching is NOT working!!! Then you throw in the fact that we can't keep opponents from scoring from the 3 pt line OR by giving up NUMEROUS offensive rebounds game after game, you are not getting your coaching message through!!!!

He is now actually "Just rolling the ball out" in practice which is something that he has been accused of doing for years, but before he had enough talent to win , now he doesn't. I never felt that was what he did, but now his teams sure look like that is all he does!!

He should be getting HAMMERED DAILY by ALL of the press, local and national!!!

How is Cal embarrassed? He is achieving his goal…7 possible lottery picks this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT