ADVERTISEMENT

When does Cal's enormous amount of NBA talent become an embarrassment for the results he didn't achieve with them at UK?

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
For years he has LOVED reminding fans and media how many kids he's placed in the NBA, how many have become All-Stars and how much money they have made. Over the last week I've read a few articles comparing him to other underachieving coaches that have had a glut of talent but didn't win at a level equivalent to that talent.

The national media is coming after Cal HARD right now. So, every time Cal brings up the NBA guys, it will be ANOTHER area in which he has FAILED because he can't even win big with all of that talent anymore. It will continue to be a way to show how deficient Cal has become as a coach.

Can his EGO take it???

It became an embarrassment in 2015 and 2017 when he practically had all star teams and still lost. Fox monk & bam is about as good a trio as you can have in college and he screwed that up

Reactions: NociHTTP
It became an embarrassment in 2015 and 2017 when he practically had all star teams and still lost. Fox monk & bam is about as good a trio as you can have in college and he screwed that up
No doubt.

But my question is geared more toward Cal. With EVERYONE(fans, media, experts, other coaches) calling Cal out over all of that talent with very little to show for it, how much longer will he BRAG about it??? It will just get WORSE the more he brings it up.

He has become a laughing stock for his lack of coaching ability, does he want to add to that by pointing out how much NBA talent he's had here without much to show for it???

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I think you may’ve mistakenly used the wrong verb tense in the title. I’d suggest replacing the word “does” with “did.”

Hasn’t it already become embarrassing?
Not for him. He is STILL bragging about it at EVERY opportunity. He SHOULD be "embarrassed", but for some reason he isn't. But, it is FINALLY becoming a topic of discussion for the national media lately.

So, will he EVER get to a point where all of that talent becomes a source of MORE scrutiny for him and he doen't bring it up anymore???

Not for him. He is STILL bragging about it at EVERY opportunity. He SHOULD be "embarrassed", but for some reason he isn't. But, it is FINALLY becoming a topic of discussion for the national media lately.

So, will he EVER get to a point where all of that talent becomes a source of MORE scrutiny for him and he doen't bring it up anymore???
If the issue is just him, then you may be waiting awhile. Men with no shame tend not to feel embarrassment.

I can’t imagine there will ever be a day when Cal sees the unbelievably insane amount of NBA talent he’s recruited as anything other than something to be proudfully boastful about. It’s his favorite thing about himself.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
In Ky ? he's already an embarrassment ... in the upper circles where dickheads rule .. he's a cool accepted , appreciated dick head

His goal is to make young men millionaires,
This line is a crock of shit. He’s not “making” any of them millionaires. Those players were destined to become rich pros regardless of which coach they chose to spend a few months with during their one and done season.

In reality, they’re the ones who made him crazy rich, not the other way around. They’d still be rich without him. But he would not be without them.

In Ky ? he's already an embarrassment ... in the upper circles where dickheads rule .. he's a cool accepted , appreciated dick head
Now, even the "upper circles" are calling him out FINALLY. Cal tries his best to tell everyone he doesn't listen to "the clutter" but that is just BS. His Ego has to be fed. So he reads EVERYTHING said about him.

He used to be great at using the criticism as fuel to prove the world wrong by winning BIG. That Cal is GONE. But the Ego is still there. So now that EVERYONE is calling him out, I am hopeful that he gets tired of the constant negativity and bows out.

Watching yesterday's post game PC and listening to his radio show postgame, he sounded tired and like a coach that had NO answers for what is going on with his team. He has lost the ability to inspire his players to perform and he no longer puts the time and effort into actually "Coaching them up".

Now, the only question is will he keep taking all of that money even though EVERYONE will continue to scrutinize everything he does?? Because I just can't see how he can turn this program around.

Reactions: ManitouDan
This line is a crock of shit. He’s not “making” any of them millionaires. Those players were destined to become rich pros regardless of which coach they chose to spend a few months with during their one and done season.

In reality, they’re the ones who made him crazy rich, not the other way around. They’d still be rich without him. But he would not be without them.
You missed the point, getting them to the NBA is all he cares about. He has never cared about the Kentucky Wildcats. Put that in your crock bone head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT