ADVERTISEMENT

Askew leaving UK

I was trying to think positively with Askew returning, thinking that it was a positive and showed character that he wanted to stick it out. But now that he’s no longer a Wildcat, I can honestly say I didn’t feel great at all about him returning because Cal would feel like he owes him playing time. This is for the best for Askew and for UK. Good luck to him, but I don’t think he’ll amount to much.

Askew is going to end up being a trivia question one day. Who was the starting point guard on the worst team in KY history? Kid as a freshman was in over his head. Wish he would have stuck around for a couple more years. Maybe by his Junior, Senior year he is a very good guard.

And the entire state knew Askew was in over his head but Benny kept running him out there !

Again ... is this happening in a different thread? Because it sure isn't happening here.

You can go ahead and find all my posts wishing Askew wasn't at Kentucky this year, if that's what you are suggesting.
I don't think you said you wished he were not here but I thought you did complain about his performance. If I am wrong then I apologize.

I was trying to think positively with Askew returning, thinking that it was a positive and showed character that he wanted to stick it out. But now that he’s no longer a Wildcat, I can honestly say I didn’t feel great at all about him returning because Cal would feel like he owes him playing time. This is for the best for Askew and for UK. Good luck to him, but I don’t think he’ll amount to much.
That’s the one positive I think, Cal plays his guys who he played before and now that’s not a worry and the guy who should be playing PG will be playing it.

Reactions: BigKari
The problem is almost ALL of us wanted him benched many times during the season.. and as we all hope and pray we get Carr/Mintz/Skyy/Someone else, it's basically sending the message that we want Askew on the bench for another year. And I think the coaches agree with this.

So with the one time transfer protocol in place.. I don't think you're going to be able to keep a fringe 5-star from transferring anywhere he wants to go, knowing he's going to be benched after starting his freshman year.

With the new transfer rules, how many players are actually going start and finish at the same schools?

UK fans have had a first hand look at it, going be interesting when every school is dealing with it. Not an easy job to try and keep 18 year olds happy, especially now when they can just leave and be playing next season elsewhere.

So Askew didn't want to work on his game and improve? These kids just want the keys to the car from day 1.

The problem is almost ALL of us wanted him benched many times during the season.. and as we all hope and pray we get Carr/Mintz/Skyy/Someone else, it's basically sending the message that we want Askew on the bench for another year. And I think the coaches agree with this.

So with the one time transfer protocol in place.. I don't think you're going to be able to keep a fringe 5-star from transferring anywhere he wants to go, knowing he's going to be benched after starting his freshman year.
If Askew is a fringe 5 star, then whoever graded him, needs to find a different occupation, because his basketball talent skills are not very good, no let me rephrase this, they suck rather badly.

yep, which I think doesn't do much for your point.

we have a revolving door at PG with a PG clearly not ready to return to UK, and no serviceable PG to replace them
We will have one next year. However you may not be pleased because you will still find something to complain about. You will still be tanked.

It's going to suck when he flourishes after leaving here. These same people will be relentlessly bashing Cal when it happens lol.

And they will be the exact same posters who crushed Cal for playing the kid. Kids transfer, it is what it is.

And ex Duke player will be playing in the title game tonight. Only the Cal bashers blame him for guys like Juzang.

If Askew is a fringe 5 star, then whoever graded him, needs to find a different occupation, because his basketball talent skills are not very good, no let me rephrase this, they suck rather badly.

I'm just telling you that's what he is..

Askew can either sit on the bench and MAYBE be a starter as a Junior (but knock knock, who's there, Skyy Clarke), or he can freely transfer with the new rule and likely be a starter for a mid-major or a program that's desperate for PG play.

And honestly.. if say Sarr were to come back, you might see Toppin change his mind. Or if Brooks comes back for sure, you might see Allen transfer.

You're not going to fill your 9th, 10th and 11th roster spots with 5-star players.. not with the transfer rule the way it is.

I just read a rumor that Askew contacted Louisville.I know he almost went there at first.Anyone else read this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT