ADVERTISEMENT

Askew leaving UK

good luck . Not talented enough unless surrounded with better talent than what Cal is getting ..maybe he can succeed somewhere else , it isnt here .. but maybe EKU Western, Belmont or Eastern Idaho has some hotshot 6th year 25 year old that shoots 36 % from three .. but he was ALL CONFERENCE !!!! barf .

Reactions: RingoLucky
I'm assuming he sees the writing on the wall. This means there is 100% a transfer PG coming in, and/or, Mintz coming back.

Can see him heading back West to team up with Juzang at UCLA.

Reactions: JFCats22
I’ve been and will continue to support Cal but this system is broken. It’s not just broken for us but it’s impossible to recruit kids that are 5 stars and expect them to then be ok with coming back for a sophomore year. In their minds they weren’t good enough to do it and the response 90% of the time is transfer out. Sad.

He would have been a good JR and SR but he would have played spot minutes next year and guys that are as hyped as him out of HS don’t want a reduced role.

He doesn’t fit Cals offense. It’s better for both parties if we get a speedy, explosive PG and he goes to a system offense

Really hoping this means Mintz is returning and we have someone else lined up out there. Maybe take a break on recruiting Cali kids, thought Askew would stick around though. I remember reading an article where he said he wasn’t like the other west coast players who transferred out.

This open transfer portal is going give a lot of fans and coaches headaches.

Hardy didn't take any of his minutes. Hickman has been known for sometime.
Mintz coming back and probably another transfer in made him make this decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT