ADVERTISEMENT

As much as it pains me to say, Rick Pitino….

UKCATSFREAK

Senior
Apr 8, 2013
Fort Thomas, KY
Pitino is looking like the HOF coach today. If you had told me that he would’ve had a Top 10 win at Iona, I would’ve said you lost your damn mind. No MAAC team has ever beaten a Top 10 team in the country. His team looked good tonight. A typical Pitino team with strong players who won’t be bullied. This is a great win for his program and I immediately said to myself……. Will Pitino be back in the big leagues soon? Will a Power 5 team hire him?

I think it’s just a matter of time before some school completely forgets about the entire prostitution ring. Haha! It’s sad but I think it’s true. I think some school will justify his last as being….”a long time ago. He has changed”. And I think he will be back somewhere in a Power 5 conference soon. Just my 2 cents.

What do you all think??? I’m curious.

This isn't football. Get two or three good kids and you can turn it around in basketball pretty quick. This new transfer thing makes it even easier.

Lol, at how this board had changed in 3 years. I re-joined the board then after a significant hiatus. My first post was about Pitino and Cal and I was nearly run off the board....now folks slobbering all over Pitino.

Uh, yeah he can coach that has never been questionable and doesn't change because Iona beat Alabama.

Hes one of the great coaches ever. Anyone my age who was alive in the 90 knows it and also knows the 96 team would beat by 20 points any team UK has had in the last 15 years. Everyone says it’s awful that Pitino left and everyone should hate him for it. But to me, it’s worse to have the best players and not be able to win big games with them.

^^. people are not slobbering , just starting the obvious -- guy can flat out coach . He's a miserable guy , but an incredible hoops coach.
Exactly. I think most of us are versed well enough in our knowledge of basketball to recognize that Pitino is an outstanding coach and be able to give him his props. But, that doesn't change the fact that he has horrible character and just isn't a good person. I wouldn't want him back at UK though I appreciate what he did when he was here.

^^. people are not slobbering , just starting the obvious -- guy can flat out coach . He's a miserable guy , but an incredible hoops coach.
There’s a reason he’s at Iona. Anybody that would want him back here I can only imagine is a disgusting person, with all the things that went down with him personally and at UL. Shows more about the poster.

There’s a reason he’s at Iona. Anybody that would want him back here I can only imagine is a disgusting person, with all the things that went down with him personally and at UL. Shows more about the poster.
The will to win and be a power will always be strong here at UK.. that will can cause memories to fail and minds to ration against the facts . He cant come back here , regardless of how many upsets he pulls at Iona . Its just wishing he didn't screw up badly and leave in the first place .

Hes one of the great coaches ever. Anyone my age who was alive in the 90 knows it and also knows the 96 team would beat by 20 points any team UK has had in the last 15 years. Everyone says it’s awful that Pitino left and everyone should hate him for it. But to me, it’s worse to have the best players and not be able to win big games with them.
Is that right? Because Cal split the series with the 96 team (including a double digit win) coaching at one of the 10 worst schools in D1. You think he'd have no chance upgrading from Marcus Camby + nobody you've ever heard of ------> Anthony Davis + his teammates?

Lol people are so reactionary.

Only two teams, 2012 and 2015 would offer a challenge to 1996.

Is that right? Because Cal split the series with the 96 team (including a double digit win) coaching at one of the 10 worst schools in D1. You think he'd have no chance upgrading from Marcus Camby + nobody you've ever heard of ------> Anthony Davis + his teammates?

Lol people are so reactionary.

Pretty amazing 1996 UMass would beat 2012 or 2015 UK by 20 points. That Calipari must be a helluva coach!

Only two teams, 2012 and 2015 would offer a challenge to 1996.
If Mississippi State could beat them then, then those teams would have a shot at beating the 96 team as well. Would have made for a hell of a Blue a white scrimmage that’s for sure.

Reactions: ruppcat
I miss the good ole days when this board was filled with daily hatred towards coaches that cheat. RoyBoy, the cheating basterd. Bill Self, the cheating basterd. Coach Kryxqwzntlvski, the cheating basterd.

Now, it seems, there are some that covet cheating coaches. Strange, if'n you ask me. Very, very strange.
It is but there is a certain segment of UK fans who love Pitino and also wanted Petrino to coach at UK. Yuck.

Reactions: Fox2monk and chroix
Pitino was a great coach at Ky and where he should have stayed left for the pro s was not his cup of tea the ville was still a great coach but got into low down stuff.

Reactions: westerncat
Pitino is looking like the HOF coach today. If you had told me that he would’ve had a Top 10 win at Iona, I would’ve said you lost your damn mind. No MAAC team has ever beaten a Top 10 team in the country. His team looked good tonight. A typical Pitino team with strong players who won’t be bullied. This is a great win for his program and I immediately said to myself……. Will Pitino be back in the big leagues soon? Will a Power 5 team hire him?

I think it’s just a matter of time before some school completely forgets about the entire prostitution ring. Haha! It’s sad but I think it’s true. I think some school will justify his last as being….”a long time ago. He has changed”. And I think he will be back somewhere in a Power 5 conference soon. Just my 2 cents.

What do you all think??? I’m curious.
I think you are correct in that some Power 5 team will take a chance of Pitino . Look at how things are changing in the NCAA. Kansas , UL, LSU & UNC all getting by with cheating these days and nothing IMO will be done to them, So the world is accepting cheating as a way to get by. If Pitino can keep Iona winning and knock of some other top team then some school will want him.

I remember the MSt game. UK had one of those days and MSt had one of those days.

Looking back I wonder if Pitino tanked it to get the team's attention.
I’m not sure he totally tanked it. But IIRC Antoine Walker spent the last 17 minutes as an assistant coach. That wouldn’t have happened if we had really needed to win the game.

I think you are correct in that some Power 5 team will take a chance of Pitino . Look at how things are changing in the NCAA. Kansas , UL, LSU & UNC all getting by with cheating these days and nothing IMO will be done to them, So the world is accepting cheating as a way to get by. If Pitino can keep Iona winning and knock of some other top team then some school will want him.
UNCheat has been getting away with it for decades!

That dude is gonna finally someday get a hero’s welcome at rupp again. It’s coming. We’re almost ready.

Reactions: gojvc
I'm amazed at some on here. They hate UofL with a white hot hatred. Hate everything about them.

Want them to lose and lose badly, yet the guy who purposely went there for years and years and even has a tatoo of UofL on him, they want him back.

Just amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT