ADVERTISEMENT

Another UL Prospect - FSU boots QB from team

What's the big deal PE...nothing there I wouldn't expect you to not condone at Otis...after all it is P5 fb, right?...Hell it is all about winning, and remember everybody does it...

I don't condone it and said I don't want Fields at Louisville.

But I also realize that at a lot of P5 programs especially in your own Conference it's win and make money at all cost...too bad you can't see it for what P5 Football is

Last edited:
This is the dumb ass position of the day. If you get into a fight with an MMA champion, would you consider yourself an equal? If a man with a walker threw a punch at you, would you consider him an equal? If an old man threatened to re-arrange your face (things people used to say), would you defend yourself as if threatened by an equal?

The double standard you think you are cleverly stating does not exist. Get over yourself. You are proving that most women are not your equals, but not in the way you intended.

No I personally would not condsider my self equals with an MMA fighter; however, if I did something to provoke him into punching me I would not be an innocent victim.. At least some of the blame would be on me in everyone's eyes.. But in this case she is an innocent victim because she is a female and for no other reason
Basically would you be just as outraged if another male.. albeit a much smaller male.. Was in the role of the woman? Would you still blame the athlete if a drunk white male got mad called him the n word tried to push him away from the bar threw a weak punch and then the athlete retaliated? Or would you say well.. He shouldn't have punched him.. But the guy shouldn't have provoked the athlete?

I don't think anyone who is asking for equality for females is even remotely thinking about fighting and for you to try and justify his actions by bring this up is very sad!

Why is it sad? We are equals.. So shouldn't we be equals in everything? Look I'm not saying he should have punched her.. But at the same time she isn't an innocent victim if she called him the n word.. And its pretty obvious that the whole situation would be different if it were involving two males..but that is judging the situation based on sex.. Which we, As a society are trying to move away from... Again it is just a double standard

This isn't a case of giving one guy a second chance. This is a pattern, and it should be troubling to UL fans if they cared at all about their school and not just winning games (but I acknowledge that there are fans of all teams that only care about winning).

We don't really need you here to tell us that we're envious of you. Speaking for myself, I am not. I do not want to be anything like UL. I give credit where it's due (UL has taken advantage of its few moments in the sun, especially the sugar bowl vs. UF) while also pointing out reality (UL's program is built on a mirage of wayward transfers and poor schedules).

I will also agree with you on your last point. There is little question in my mind that UK's admin amped up their game when UL started doing well.

I would certainly be troubled - and have been - by the few transfers that have had issues after they were given a second chance at Louisville - just in the same way that I am troubled by players recruited directly to Louisville that have issues. I would imagine that you feel the same way when you see a Kentucky player in the news for all of the wrong reasons.

That said, I am not troubled in the slightest about those players who have been given a second chance and have made the most of it - whether or not that included success on the field. Let me ask you, and before you think that I am somehow trying to equivocating two situations - I am not - where do you stand on the L Tubman situation?

Never would hit a woman...especially a smaller woman. Big berthas who throw a punch...it would cross my mind, BUT....

The video clearly shows the girl running her mouth and swinging a punch at the kid. Men shouldn't hit women but I also CAN NOT STAND it when these yappy little girls run their mouths and hit men just because they don't think they should get hit back.

I personally would never do it, but if your big enough to throw a punch you better be big enough to take one in return. Witch seemed like she was asking for it.

Never would hit a woman...especially a smaller woman. Big berthas who throw a punch...it would cross my mind, BUT....

The video clearly shows the girl running her mouth and swinging a punch at the kid. Men shouldn't hit women but I also CAN NOT STAND it when these yappy little girls run their mouths and hit men just because they don't think they should get hit back.

I personally would never do it, but if your big enough to throw a punch you better be big enough to take one in return. Witch seemed like she was asking for it.
Sure she was asking for it. Its no different from a woman wearing a low cut sweater and short dress and then complaining when she gets raped.

If anyone, man or woman, tries to punch you in the face you have a right to punch back. Not saying it would be the best idea...

Sure she was asking for it. Its no different from a woman wearing a low cut sweater and short dress and then complaining when she gets raped.

Wooooo no.. I would not compare the two.. In my mind two completely different situations.. Can never blame a rape victim.. But someone that runs their mouth and provokes someone into striking them should at least have some of the blame on them.

Not sure I would go that far lol but I get what you're saying. Let me adjust it and say a woman who shows her chest and wears a mini skirt then complaining of being grabbed or harassed in a bar....sounds a little better lol.

From the video, it appears that the woman was already standing at the bar when the FSU(future UofL) player tried to root her out of her position. She got pushed and didn't like it and I don't blame her. The player didn't back down after confronted by the girl. He wanted to order a drink and it didn't matter what he had to do to get it. Did the girl over-react? Probably, she did take a swing at him but only after he grabbed her arm to make a way for himself. But to pop her in the nose as hard as he did was ridiculous for a kid in his position in life.

All of the stuff his lawyer has put out is all speculative. But what else is a lawyer going to do after the backlash that has come from this video.

No doubt Petrino has had this player's lawyer on speed dial from the time he got wind of this incident.

Last edited:
UL fans here try and try to justify their coach's decision to attract these transfers who hit women and steal and carry guns and ...

Funny that you also make the players who hit women and steal and carry guns out as the victims, as if WE villify them, rather than THEY did something that deserves a ramfication. Second chances? All for them ... at lower divisions schools (is that how UL sees itself, still?). UL and the handful of other schools that are gaining the reputation as recruiters of criminals are in the minority for a reason. These above the law players will do well to learn a lesson.

There is a video of the kid hitting a woman. If you think that not a big deal, shame on you. And, if you think I am envious of you or the woman hitters on your team, you are truly delusional. But, by all means, thank goodness UL is taking the players with the records and sordid pasts, because of their sacrifice UK is becoming a better team. LOL!!!!!

Public Enemy, Ghost, Steeler and other UL fans are forced into their current position. If their coach refused to go after these players, they would not be constantly pointing the finger at Bama or OU and rather than arguing that winning at all costs is okay, they would be putting forth a much different argument.

I'm not justifying anything - simply explaining it from another point of few. I have no illusions of changing your biases.

Secondly, I'm not making any player that screws up a victim - I am simply pointing out your selective outrage and saying that unless they are convicted of doing something or ineligible to play at an NCAA school - most deserve a second chance. A second chance is exactly that - a second chance and should not come with some arbitrary limits of "well you can still play but it has to be D2 or NAIA" - that's silly.

The video that you are discussing - is that regarding the FSU kid or Fields? If it's the FSU kid, I haven't made one comment on that situation one way or the other, so you are confusing me with another poster. For the record, I think assaulting someone - man or woman - is a big deal and should be dealt with by law enforcement and the criminal justice system. I will defer to them as the ultimate arbiters as to whether someone should still be in society or incarcerated for their actions.

It is your subjective opinion that Louisville has sacrificed by bringing players in that have had prior issues. By that logic, Kentucky has sacrificed by keeping several kids that have broken the law and embarrassed the university. As for pointing the finger at other schools also taking transfers, the posters thou have mentioned (including myself) seem to be doing less of that, and more of pointing the finger at posters such as you who somehow attempt to justify Louisville's actions as worse.

Webster's Dictionary is outdated. After the riots in Baltimore, a college professor said thug is just a code word for the n-word and should not be used.

So, one college professor completely overrules Webster's Dictionary? Wow, that's news to me. He may be correct that thug is just a code word in certain areas, but that isn't the case for many.

Thug, to many people (and Webster's, apparently), is purely a word used for trouble-makers and/or violent criminals....I don't care what race/ethnicity they are.

I would certainly be troubled - and have been - by the few transfers that have had issues after they were given a second chance at Louisville - just in the same way that I am troubled by players recruited directly to Louisville that have issues. I would imagine that you feel the same way when you see a Kentucky player in the news for all of the wrong reasons.

That said, I am not troubled in the slightest about those players who have been given a second chance and have made the most of it - whether or not that included success on the field. Let me ask you, and before you think that I am somehow trying to equivocating two situations - I am not - where do you stand on the L Tubman situation?

I never said that second chances should never be given. I am saying that the amount of BAD things that a player has to do in order to be kicked out of a place like Auburn is ASTRONOMICAL (so really, Michael Dyer was probably on his 6th or 7th chance when he got to UL - NOT his second chance). I also said that giving an occasional second chance could be written off to a coach believing in a kid and wanting to better his life. In the case of UL, it appears to be a recruiting strategy b/c Petrino cannot get these kinds of players on the front end. That's bad, IMO.

Regarding Tubman, I don't have a strong opinion b/c I don't know the particulars of the case. I know he was accused or rape, but I believe that either the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence or b/c the accuser withdrew her charges. He doesn't have a spotty history otherwise, so I don't have any reason to pile on unless more information is brought to light that would indicate he did what she said he did. Lastly, I'm not even sure if Tubman is still on the team. That was in question last time I checked.

Not sure your facts about Taylor are current. And, if this were an Alabama board, your comments would be understandable. Regardless, the fact that slavery existed in the USA was not a justification for Apartheid.

No....just pointing out your Hyprocrisy on athletes....I don't condone Fields at Louisville and said so on this Board and LSR...I just laugh that you always point at the School 75 Miles to the West of Lexington while you have schools you compete against in your conference pretty much does the same but you give them a pass...it is also ironic to me that one of the offenders that actually has taken in a player that was dismissed for dragging a woman down a flight of stairs and then turned around and kept a 5* Recruit after he knocked out a woman is a program that is controlled by the older brother of the current coach at Kentucky...What I do say it is a widespread problem and Louisville IMO has ISSUES but they are not alone ..and also I just enjoy "The Outrage" that you display...lol

As for myself...for now on will be just discussing the actual Sport of Football and the games on the field...pretty much out of these self-righteous threads...

Last edited:

Wow.......tell me your a UL fan.

So, one college professor completely overrules Webster's Dictionary? Wow, that's news to me. He may be correct that thug is just a code word in certain areas, but that isn't the case for many.

Thug, to many people (and Webster's, apparently), is purely a word used for trouble-makers and/or violent criminals....I don't care what race/ethnicity they are.
You may be race neutral, but many people who continue to use the term " THUG " want to keep the rebel flag.

No....just pointing out your Hyprocrisy on athletes....I don't condone Fields at Louisville and said so on this Board and LSR...I just laugh that you always point at the School 75 Miles to the West of Lexington while you have schools you compete against in your conference pretty much does the same but you give them a pass...it is also ironic to me that one of the offenders that actually has taken in a player that was dismissed for dragging a woman down a flight of stairs and then turned around and kept a 5* Recruit after he knocked out a woman is a program that is controlled by the older brother of the current coach at Kentucky...What I do say it is a widespread problem and Louisville IMO has ISSUES but they are not alone ..and also I just enjoy "The Outrage" that you display...lol

As for myself...for now on will be just discussing the actual Sport of Football and the games on the field...pretty much out of these self-righteous threads...
Agree, As my mother said, " two wrongs do make a right "

This thread contains an amazing amount of insanity. How can anyone view the vid and think this guy was provoked, or that the gal is in the wrong? Don't judge on the 6 second vine video, watch the long version. Dude charges up to the bar like he is going over left tackle on 4th & 1 and desperately needs to reach that 1st down and arms her out of the way. She was their first, he broke in front, and then HE was the 1st to instigate physical contact by grabbing her.

the excuses are hilarious, so what move by this vicious threatening girl caused the punch?

1)Her punch 1st! or was it
2)Her painful knee to the nuts!! or was it
3)Her calling him an nagger...or thug...or whatever racial epitaph?

Bunch of y'all are defending not only a guy who hits girls.....but a little bitch who ran as fast as possible after delivering the blow just in case that little 120 lb blonde was gonna proceed to grab and beat the ish out of his pussy ass. Congrats, I guess!!

We should have an over / under on number of days that lapse before it is reported that UL is the frontrunner for the guy who was kicked off of FSU's team for punching a woman in the face in a bar.

I would be SHOCKED if it doesn't happen.

Sadly, I was thinking this EXACT same thing yesterday..not being sarcastic or anything but I'd actually be really, really shocked if Louisville isn't one of his front-runners.

The sad thing in college football is that once these guys transfer to another school like Louisville it's like all of their wrongs are completely forgotten about and no one speaks a word when a team loaded with these kind of players is successful

No I personally would not condsider my self equals with an MMA fighter; however, if I did something to provoke him into punching me I would not be an innocent victim.. At least some of the blame would be on me in everyone's eyes.. But in this case she is an innocent victim because she is a female and for no other reason
Basically would you be just as outraged if another male.. albeit a much smaller male.. Was in the role of the woman? Would you still blame the athlete if a drunk white male got mad called him the n word tried to push him away from the bar threw a weak punch and then the athlete retaliated? Or would you say well.. He shouldn't have punched him.. But the guy shouldn't have provoked the athlete?

Are your seriously this butt hurt over women wanting to be treated with respect in arenas where they should clearly be treated with equal respect as men? Is this some sort of sad male society that you are promoting? If so, find a better example to make your case, because this one just makes you look clueless.

There are not a bunch of Bama or OU asswipes trolling this board constantly posting the same crap over and over. If there were, I am sure I might have more to say about OU or Bama, especially if they attempted in sad ways to justify their HC's pathetic behavior (Oh, yeah. Petrino -- Prince of Darkness). But, alas, you and your minions are here, instead. When your learn the meaning of the word "hypocrisy", maybe we can begin talking about Jurich!

You running your tongue up and down the crevices of Bobby's backside do not make me outraged (seriously, quotes are usually used when actually quoting someone).

Forget whoever goes after this guy, he is a dirt bag.. He should be man enough to be able to restrain her... I guess he isn't.

I refuse to allow someone to hijack words and their meanings just to suit their own purposes. I use and will continue to use the word "thug" as well as other words appropriately and according to their definitions. Men that would hit women likely meet the definition of the word "thug".

No matter what the woman did in this case, there was no reason for her to be hit .....Using the n word does not give license to another to hit anymore that calling someone a hill-jack, honky, cracker, slapdick, etc...gives one a right to retaliate with violence.

It's time for boys to start acting like men

I never said that second chances should never be given. I am saying that the amount of BAD things that a player has to do in order to be kicked out of a place like Auburn is ASTRONOMICAL (so really, Michael Dyer was probably on his 6th or 7th chance when he got to UL - NOT his second chance). I also said that giving an occasional second chance could be written off to a coach believing in a kid and wanting to better his life. In the case of UL, it appears to be a recruiting strategy b/c Petrino cannot get these kinds of players on the front end. That's bad, IMO.

Regarding Tubman, I don't have a strong opinion b/c I don't know the particulars of the case. I know he was accused or rape, but I believe that either the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence or b/c the accuser withdrew her charges. He doesn't have a spotty history otherwise, so I don't have any reason to pile on unless more information is brought to light that would indicate he did what she said he did. Lastly, I'm not even sure if Tubman is still on the team. That was in question last time I checked.

I understand what you're saying and why you're saying it and, you are certainly entitled to your position on the subject. And to espouse your position on the subject. I'm simply saying that because others decide to interpret the same situation differently, that might make them wrong in your eyes but, that doesn't mean that they are wrong in their actions or interpretation. Particularly if their interpretation is within the confines of the rules.

I'm sure there will be some on here that will jump on that last sentence as mere justification or rationalization but, that's why the rules exist. Fans claiming some sort of subjective moral high ground - particularly when their opinion is based on at best 3rd or 4th hand information - over a rival school that is operating within the rules is to me, just silly. It's silly when Louisville fans do it with JC and Kentucky basketball and it's silly when Kentucky fans do it with BP and Louisville football.

The fact is I don't know - beyond the published reports - what MD did at AU to get dismissed anymore than you do, so to suggest that he was on his 6th or 7th chance is pure speculation. What we do know is that he was eligible to play ncaa D1 football and Louisville gave him a chance to do so again. I have no problem admitting that these types of roster moves surely have more to do with a recruiting strategy by Louisville than it does with providing kids a second chance - no school is taking any transfer (baggage or no) that they don't believe can help them win. I also think that (as I said previously) if Louisville was pulling in top 5 classes every year, they almost assuredly would not need to do this - which makes Alabama's decision with the Taylor kid all the more curious.

UL does not care about anything related to character. If they did, Pitino / Petrino would not coach. They are quite the laughing stock nationally. What it tells you is that UL feels like they must do this to be successful. Basically take shortcuts. Take any top tier basketball program and Pitino gets fired...UK, Kansas, UNC, Duke, but UL needed Pitino.

Same with Petrino...take Alabama, OSU, etc and Petrino gets fired and never re-hired, but UL needed him.

If UL was all that they wouldn't need these types of players / coaches. Top programs transcend coaches and Players...UK basketball has 5 coaches with championships...nuf said.

Are we permitted to criticize UL without first listing all the atrocities in college football from every other program first?

UL does not care about anything related to character. If they did, Pitino / Petrino would not coach. They are quite the laughing stock nationally. What it tells you is that UL feels like they must do this to be successful. Basically take shortcuts. Take any top tier basketball program and Pitino gets fired...UK, Kansas, UNC, Duke, but UL needed Pitino.

Same with Petrino...take Alabama, OSU, etc and Petrino gets fired and never re-hired, but UL needed him.

If UL was all that they wouldn't need these types of players / coaches. Top programs transcend coaches and Players...UK basketball has 5 coaches with championships...nuf said.

I'm wondering if the irony that one of those 5 basketball coaches you reference is Pitino is somehow lost on you. Do you really think that his "character" during his time at UK was any different from the way that you describe it now? As I have heard countlessly from Kentucky fans with regard to Petrino - people of bad character simply do not change.

Louisville football certainly has taken some heat (perhaps deservedly) for their stance on taking 2nd chance football transfers but, their invitation and inclusion to the ACC as well as their across the board successes in their athletic department - disproves your "laughing stock" assertion.

Are we permitted to criticize UL without first listing all the atrocities in college football from every other program first?

Of course. But, are you able to list the "atrocities" at Louisville within the context of the larger picture or, must they always been discussed as if they are happening in a vacuum?

I'm wondering if the irony that one of those 5 basketball coaches you reference is Pitino is somehow lost on you. Do you really think that his "character" during his time at UK was any different from the way that you describe it now? As I have heard countlessly from Kentucky fans with regard to Petrino - people of bad character simply do not change.

Louisville football certainly has taken some heat (perhaps deservedly) for their stance on taking 2nd chance football transfers but, their invitation and inclusion to the ACC as well as their across the board successes in their athletic department - disproves your "laughing stock" assertion.

I think Pitino's behavior was probably the same and some of that was rumored when he was at UK, but it was never substantiated like it was in Louisville.

Of course. But, are you able to list the "atrocities" at Louisville within the context of the larger picture or, must they always been discussed as if they are happening in a vacuum?

Look, it is clear that you cannot defend and choose not to be reminded of the current status of your program when it comes to taking in others' rejects. Boards unrelated to UK and UL characterize your program in negative ways because of the reputation it is gaining.

But, when I talk about UL screwing up, it is not "in a vacuum" to acknowledge the truth about UL. I do not need to compare it to any pristine program or any trash program to make that case. Its behavior can be viewed independent of any bad thing happening elsewhere. We do not need to dumb it down every time we talk about UL. Mussolini was not good, regardless of how bad Hitler acted. And, reminding everyone about Hitler did not make Musollini look better than he was.

I think Pitino's behavior was probably the same and some of that was rumored when he was at UK, but it was never substantiated like it was in Louisville.

Fair enough. But then the logical, albeit hypothetical, follow up question is; do you think that if the Sypher situation would have occurred during Pitino's time at Kentucky, that Kentucky would have fired him?

Look, it is clear that you cannot defend and choose not to be reminded of the current status of your program when it comes to taking in others' rejects. Boards unrelated to UK and UL characterize your program in negative ways because of the reputation it is gaining.

But, when I talk about UL screwing up, it is not "in a vacuum" to acknowledge the truth about UL. I do not need to compare it to any pristine program or any trash program to make that case. Its behavior can be viewed independent of any bad thing happening elsewhere. We do not need to dumb it down every time we talk about UL. Mussolini was not good, regardless of how bad Hitler acted. And, reminding everyone about Hitler did not make Musollini look better than he was.

As I've said before (and as I assume you believe as well) I harbor no illusions of changing anyone's biases or subjective opinions. I will happily have the discussion though and perhaps disagree, without trying to be disagreeable. And honestly CC, what is or is not said about Louisville's "reputation" on other boards is really immaterial in general and particularly to this conversation. As a Kentucky fan I would think that you of all people would subscribe to that mode of thinking, given that the fans of literally every other program have a negative opinion of Kentucky. Beyond that, the fact that you even made reference to other boards, sort of undercuts your whole argument about not needing to compare things to make your point.

As to the point in general - no you don't have to reference any other program to make your subjective case that Louisville is "screwing up". My guess is that you don't reference others at least in part because it gives your assertion that much more weight - and it makes Louisville look like that much more of an outlier but, maybe I'm wrong about that. Hopefully you can at least acknowledge that given Louisville has not broken any NCAA rules or criminal statutes by bringing in any transfer and therefore, the opinion that you hold is purely a subjective one.

As I've said before (and as I assume you believe as well) I harbor no illusions of changing anyone's biases or subjective opinions. I will happily have the discussion though and perhaps disagree, without trying to be disagreeable. And honestly CC, what is or is not said about Louisville's "reputation" on other boards is really immaterial in general and particularly to this conversation. As a Kentucky fan I would think that you of all people would subscribe to that mode of thinking, given that the fans of literally every other program have a negative opinion of Kentucky. Beyond that, the fact that you even made reference to other boards, sort of undercuts your whole argument about not needing to compare things to make your point.

As to the point in general - no you don't have to reference any other program to make your subjective case that Louisville is "screwing up". My guess is that you don't reference others at least in part because it gives your assertion that much more weight - and it makes Louisville look like that much more of an outlier but, maybe I'm wrong about that. Hopefully you can at least acknowledge that given Louisville has not broken any NCAA rules or criminal statutes by bringing in any transfer and therefore, the opinion that you hold is purely a subjective one.

(1) The other board comment demonstrates that it is not just UK fans who hold this perception and if you are going to continually defend your program by showing other programs screw up, I think it inconsistent to be critical of my using other boards as one example.

(2) You can guess all you want, I have demonstrated that ridiculousness of demanding we acknowledge other wrongs when talking about UL.

(3) I am not aware of any NCAA rules that are currently being violated by UL or any criminal statutes by bringing transfers to UL. I think there is a standard, however, and UL's choices repeatedly breach that standard. So much so that national media types joked about UL when FSU kicked the QB from its team. Now, have other teams breached the same standard, as well. Yes, we can point to a few, but I did not see them the focal point of jokes when FSU acted. UL's reputation exceeds even those schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT