ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Hoggard

gus sorola money GIF by Rooster Teeth

Shot 35% from three in 2023-24. I'd take him as a backup.
Didn't take a ton of threes, though. Given his ppg and assists, seems like more of a pure PG. At this point, I think he has to be considered a take. There's a lot we don't know, though.

Now we’re getting into the leftovers.

MSU fans don’t want him if that tells you anything.
Hated his game in HS/AAU. Played down to the level I expected at Michigan State. Knowing one of his teammates (Holloman) this is a STAY THE **** AWAY in a less Pop Isaacs way and more of a "this guy is delusional" way. A perpetually out of shape guy. You'll hear "power guard" and yet there's no evidence of any of his ability impacting the game positively.

Watched a few games this year, he would in no way fit the system Pope wants to run. A big no for me on this one.
May I ask you this-who does he fit? He's just so bad. The Michigan State program had a nice run because they got to be in Shaka Smart's bracket in '23 to get to Sweet 16. Aside from that favorable/fortunate matchup-they've been awful the last 3 yrs.

May I ask you this-who does he fit? He's just so bad. The Michigan State program had a nice run because they got to be in Shaka Smart's bracket in '23 to get to Sweet 16. Aside from that favorable/fortunate matchup-they've been awful the last 3 yrs.
To me an all me guy that never seen a shot he didn't like. Struggled against smaller faster guards and a streaky at best shooter. Other than that, he and his coach seemed to argue every time out. Other than that, just don't like his play.

To me an all me guy that never seen a shot he didn't like. Struggled against smaller faster guards and a streaky at best shooter. Other than that, he and his coach seemed to argue every time out. Other than that, just don't like his play.
Exactly. The arguing with Izzo part is part of the MSU culture but it was just too personal and his staff was telling him he was playing the wrong people repeatedly and he refused to acknowledge that. He's just like that and hates that he's coaching now but still doing it because of the $. But hates the recruiting/NIL/Portal stuff. It shows.

He couldn't stand Hoggard or Sissoko and he's having his Calipari "Skal" moment with Xavier Booker in that he feels he should play differently instead of embracing what he is as a player-which isn't a physical big man-it's a skilled face up player who happens to be 6'10.

Reactions: BigKari
Exactly. The arguing with Izzo part is part of the MSU culture but it was just too personal and his staff was telling him he was playing the wrong people repeatedly and he refused to acknowledge that. He's just like that and hates that he's coaching now but still doing it because of the $. But hates the recruiting/NIL/Portal stuff. It shows.

He couldn't stand Hoggard or Sissoko and he's having his Calipari "Skal" moment with Xavier Booker in that he feels he should play differently instead of embracing what he is as a player-which isn't a physical big man-it's a skilled face up player who happens to be 6'10.
Izzo is an embarrasment in 2024. Dude is literally Bob Knight right now. A guy who made a program and is now too old and stubborn to change and badly needs to retire, but won't because money. Sounds like somebody I used to know...

One of the last Old Guard.
Yelp and as we get older we don't like changes ( talking from experience) and I think this is what is happening to him. Had his way for many years and everything is changing and he is not changing with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT