ADVERTISEMENT

Wimsatt

Rushed for almost 500 yards and won a bowl game last year. I don't get all the hate for this kid. Would be a solid backup compared to the true freshman and d2 kids we got. Hard to put multiple 5 star qbs on a roster, need a serviceable backup, perhaps allen is, but has he been tested at the highest level like this kid has? No

Rushed for almost 500 yards and won a bowl game last year. I don't get all the hate for this kid. Would be a solid backup compared to the true freshman and d2 kids we got. Hard to put multiple 5 star qbs on a roster, need a serviceable backup, perhaps allen is, but has he been tested at the highest level like this kid has? No
Don't have hate for him, he just doesn't have SEC talent. I'd consider him for PWO but not scholarship. Do need bodies, I get that, so that could be a tipping point for him.

Maybe they see a change of pace sub for Vandagriff in him. Like the UCLA QB we brought in for a visit. A guy to plug in with a scheme package of all QB run/read option plays.

And maybe they are recruiting portal qbs because Boley is way far away from being a CFB QB. Risky to go into battle with only 2 arms. Wimsett would be an emergency 3rd for 2024 only. In Jan 2025, we will have Vandagriff with 1 season starting experience, Boley with 1 yr development, and Stone fresh on campus to compete for 2nd.

Reactions: JASUN74 and THE_OAK
I see a lot of folks assuming Vandagriff will be here two years. They may be right, and I hope they are, but in my mind its more 50/50. If he isn't ready for the NFL he could hit the portal, even return to UGA.

If he isn't ready for the NFL he could hit the portal, even return to UGA.
1st part is possible, 2nd is a no

It is up to UK NIL to make sure Vandagriff doesn't go shopping after year 1. And I think they will. Barion Brown and Deon Walker didn't.

Georgia just signed their 2025 QB. Portal tfer Jaden Rashada. He came there to be Beck backup then take over. He wouldn't have gone there otherwise.

Reactions: postmodernprimate
Would assume there is some potential as a wildcat/utility type of athlete.

Not sure this kid is going to see any more run as a QB at this level. Especially in the SEC.

He was clearly the best athlete in high school; therefore, he got put at QB. Which is more common than not. Continued to get some run at Rutgers, again, I'd imagine he was most likely the best athlete on offense, most definitely in the QB room. There for he got the nod.

We saw that here for a stretch. Sometimes the best athlete is a better athlete than your QBs are at QBing and you go with it. No doubt Eddie Gran saw film of this kid started drooling and reminiscing about running with the QB. Got in Stoops' ear about the good ole days of just running, running, running with the QB, running with a WR/RB at the QB, running, running, running...then right when the D locks in and has the game plan figured out...run right into them.

Other times however, when you have a great athlete and you have a good QB, you put that athlete on the perimeter, in the back field and you give that QB someone to get the ball to.

Does your scheme involve passing?
You realize ever offense has different types of passes. Some are safe dink passes and some throw the ball down the field longer. Some throw the ball off rpo. I guess you don’t have many options on Madden football!!

Are we sure he doesn't have a Covid year? If so the move makes sense. Be an understudy in a welcoming place and either be good enough to do something in year 2 (unlikely) or move on again and get one more run at being a starter at a smaller school.

Are we sure he doesn't have a Covid year? If so the move makes sense. Be an understudy in a welcoming place and either be good enough to do something in year 2 (unlikely) or move on again and get one more run at being a starter at a smaller school.
If he came from 2021 on, no free year, except redhirt.

He's a Cat. Fascinating to me to be in his mind. Going from the starting QB for a team that won a bowl game to the 2nd or 3rd string at UK. Gives us more depth...a major struggle in recent years...which is never a bad thing.
I trust and respect the staff’s judgment, but this is still a bit of a head scratcher to me. Perhaps they’ll create some play sets for him to run the offense…. We’ll see…..

He's a Cat. Fascinating to me to be in his mind. Going from the starting QB for a team that won a bowl game to the 2nd or 3rd string at UK. Gives us more depth...a major struggle in recent years...which is never a bad thing.
Hard to fathom.... that being said I suspect there are injuries than we dont know about coming out of spring.

I trust and respect the staff’s judgment, but this is still a bit of a head scratcher to me. Perhaps they’ll create some play sets for him to run the offense…. We’ll see…..

Agree. I don't understand unless he's a pwo or changing positions. Unless he's vastly improves, he will never even be qb2.

Anyone else in the Somerset pipeline coming up? Maybe that's the angle?

Agree. I don't understand unless he's a pwo or changing positions. Unless he's vastly improves, he will never even be qb2.

Anyone else in the Somerset pipeline coming up? Maybe that's the angle?
Are you thinking of Sheron?

This guy is from western part of state.

If he is a high character type then I am very happy to have him! Win win!!

Are you thinking of Sheron?

This guy is from western part of state.

No I'm talking about high school level. Taking this transfer could help them with somerset area. But I doubt they even need help and the area turns out limited prospects, although in surprising amounts given the population.

Not sure if the scheme at Rutgers was a good fit for him. Maybe he would be better in our new scheme. Will was no superstar at PSU.
The scheme at Rutgers is the only reason he had any success whatsoever. It's amazing that we got as much out of him as we did. He dirt's 5 yard passes and has zero touch. Lost his job to the transfer we brought in from Minnesota in short order this spring.

We had a solid OL and the big tens leading rusher. Only reason we made a bowl. OC wouldn't even let him throw it more than 10 yards in the bowl game.

Supposedly gonna get 100k from Kentucky. I'm shocked.

The scheme at Rutgers is the only reason he had any success whatsoever. It's amazing that we got as much out of him as we did. He dirt's 5 yard passes and has zero touch. Lost his job to the transfer we brought in from Minnesota in short order this spring.

We had a solid OL and the big tens leading rusher. Only reason we made a bowl. OC wouldn't even let him throw it more than 10 yards in the bowl game.

I am surprised Allen is a walk on. He is a good QB.

He was no longer the starting QB at Rutgers. The transfer QB had already been named starting QB coming out of spring practice.

I heard you guys paid good money to get him!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT