ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Thread

Yes, it should not slow down building our roster now, little by little. It seems most dudes that need to come back don't. Most of the guys they bring in want out of here as fast as possible.
And that's another thing the staff knows when they recruit a player - and the very reason I think they should rarely recruit such a player. There is no suggestion that there is anything about the UK program and fans that make a freshman decide they want to leave. That determination, really foregone conclusion, to leave was unshakably fixed before those players even get to campus.

Reactions: delk4three
And that's another thing the staff knows when they recruit a player - and the very reason I think they should rarely recruit such a player. There is no suggestion that there is anything about the UK program and fans that make a freshman decide they want to leave. That determination, really foregone conclusion, to leave was unshakably fixed before those players even get to campus.
I don't know of another program in the country where most of the players that play any want out as quick as possible like they do here. I see tons of players on other teams that should be going pro before a lot of our guys but they don't. They hang around 2, 3, 4 and sometimes 5 years. Something is not right with that.

NCST got a good player from UL. Huntley-Hatfield looked like a much improved player against us. Serious, plays hard and plays around the rim.

Reactions: G-PIP
I was over on the Illinois board just seeing what they were saying about how they plan to attack the portal. And their version of @ralphdaltonfan said Kentucky is the main competition for AJ storr, I find that interesting because I haven’t seen anybody at all say Kentucky is even interested in him
I'm concerned for Illinois fans if there's a "version" of me on their boards. LOL

Let's get a list going

AJ Storr, Wisconsin
Tony Perkins, Iowa
Kevin (Boopie) Miller, Wake Forest
Sean Pedulla, Virginia Tech
J'Vonne Hadley, Colorado
Eddie Lampkin, Colorado
Pharrel Payne, Minnesota
Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, Louisville
Tre White, Louisville
Frankie Collins, Arizona State
Riley Kugel, Florida
Mason Falslev, Utah State
Joshua Jefferson, Saint Mary's
Jalen Blackmon, Stetson
Omoruyi?

I'm not particularly high on Omoruyi. He's ok, but I think there are or will be better portal options. But probably part of that feeling is my bias against Bigs who shoot poorly from the FT line. I also think his FG%s is quite a bit lower than it should be. I just suspect he doesn't have much feel for the game, and I think that's important even for a defensive guy, and especially concerning for a guy who's played 4 years already.

Last edited:
Very few of the top portal have signed with new teams and several more will enter.

Not even going to address bnewt. Any idiot that quotes the same post twice, doesn't even deserve attention. We will find out very shortly who is staying and leaving. Other idiots want veteran teams but do not want ANY of the players to come back ??? Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth, LOL.
So you want the same guts back that couldn't guard a fence post or throw it in the ocean! Talk about ccc loving idiots. UK needs guys like Sheppard that play for the team, not guys that play for themselves and the nba. Yea, uk Ned's another year of Wagner missing left handed layups, or Bradshaw and Ugo missing dunks. Yes sir, that goes hand in hand with ccc's inability to coach and throw away games.

I'm not particularly high on Omoruyi. He's ok, but I think there are or will be better portal options. But probably part of that feeling is my bias against Bigs who shoot poorly from the FT line. I also think his FG%s is quite a bit lower than it should be. I just suspect he doesn't have much feel for the game, and I think that's important even for a defensive guy, and especially concerning for a guy who's played 4 years already.
I like his D, toughness and rebounds

He was talking about recruiting info, and portal guys and the coaches having meetings with players. I just found it interesting because storr’s situation doesn’t seem like one cal would want to be involved in at all
Was just kidding. Storr met Cal in Mpls as Storr was up here all week with his Agent. Ryan James of Minnesota sites was mentioning that Storr was up with his Agent in Twin Cities earlier this week and then Cal had seen him on his way to Phoenix apparently.

Was just kidding. Storr met Cal in Mpls as Storr was up here all week with his Agent. Ryan James of Minnesota sites was mentioning that Storr was up with his Agent in Twin Cities earlier this week and then Cal had seen him on his way to Phoenix apparently.
All good, I just struggle to see cal meeitng demands like that with the stuff he has said in the past, but if they can get storr that would be a big get from cal

All good, I just struggle to see cal meeitng demands like that with the stuff he has said in the past, but if they can get storr that would be a big get from cal
I'm just wanting the guys who are leaving to leave and those who are staying to stay and if you are in between realize you could lose a spot because the HC has to do what is best for the program. The only player who should have all the time he wants to decide is Sheppard. We know Rob is gone and DJ shouldn't even test the waters. I'll save him the time--you are a tweener who doesn't make enough jumpers and isn't athletic enough to finish. Stay in school and work on your game. Also the fact you are only 18--you have time-don't rush to be out of basketball in 2/3 yrs. Take the time to give yourself a chance to be a Pro.

This guy seems to be in the know pretty often, also says he feels good abt Omuruyi but not the leader for him

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
So you want the same guts back that couldn't guard a fence post or throw it in the ocean! Talk about ccc loving idiots. UK needs guys like Sheppard that play for the team, not guys that play for themselves and the nba. Yea, uk Ned's another year of Wagner missing left handed layups, or Bradshaw and Ugo missing dunks. Yes sir, that goes hand in hand with ccc's inability to coach and throw away games.
Never said anything about Bradshaw and Ugo wanting them back. Funny though, you mention guys who couldn't guard a fence post and then list Sheppard as a guy who you want back ???? I want Sheppard back, obviously, who wouldn't, but would also welcome Wagner back for a second year. He will be a lot better if he comes back, the dude can play, he just didn't have a year expected, and also played hurt most of the year. And the part about the loving of Cal, I am very displeased with the job he has done, I just do not sit and say it in EVERY post about ANY topic about the team. And I am damn sure not in the club who makes up the childish 3rd grade nicknames for him, very Cool story bro, you look super intelligent with all of those lame nicknames. That is the difference in you and I, I can show my displeasure with him, but do not have to do it EVERY post and with lame ass, childish nicknames.

Never said anything about Bradshaw and Ugo wanting them back. Funny though, you mention guys who couldn't guard a fence post and then list Sheppard as a guy who you want back ???? I want Sheppard back, obviously, who wouldn't, but would also welcome Wagner back for a second year. He will be a lot better if he comes back, the dude can play, he just didn't have a year expected, and also played hurt most of the year. And the part about the loving of Cal, I am very displeased with the job he has done, I just do not sit and say it in EVERY post about ANY topic about the team. And I am damn sure not in the club who makes up the childish 3rd grade nicknames for him, very Cool story bro, you look super intelligent with all of those lame nicknames. That is the difference in you and I, I can show my displeasure with him, but do not have to do it EVERY post and with lame ass, childish nicknames.
Thank you!

I'm just wanting the guys who are leaving to leave and those who are staying to stay and if you are in between realize you could lose a spot because the HC has to do what is best for the program. The only player who should have all the time he wants to decide is Sheppard. We know Rob is gone and DJ shouldn't even test the waters. I'll save him the time--you are a tweener who doesn't make enough jumpers and isn't athletic enough to finish. Stay in school and work on your game. Also the fact you are only 18--you have time-don't rush to be out of basketball in 2/3 yrs. Take the time to give yourself a chance to be a Pro.
Agree, on the 3 in between guys(Bradshaw,ugo, and adou) there is to much smoke with transferring with the first to for it to not have some validity to it. If you want to transfer, that fine but don’t drag the process out and hurt Kentucky and your transfer options. With adou if his camp thinks they are worth alot more than they actually are then Kentucky needs to find a replacement in the portal and not let his process drag out as well. I like adou and want him back, but you find a player that can match his production in the portal, probably even find one better

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Who cares who comes back other than Sheppard? Personally, I like z, but he has a way to go. Ugo, Bradshaw, Edwards, and Wagner can move on. Get rid of losers and get new blood that wants to win.
damn you want players to develop then when freshmen don't live up to your lofty expectations you want to run them off. so unbelievable

Reactions: JonathanW
This guy seems to be in the know pretty often, also says he feels good abt Omuruyi but not the leader for him
In the comments on the post he backtracks a little bit and says Kentucky is atleast trying instead of having confidence they are gonna get him. But it would be a huge get from Kentucky if they get him

In the comments on the post he backtracks a little bit and says Kentucky is atleast trying instead of having confidence they are gonna get him. But it would be a huge get from Kentucky if they get him
Any updates for any schools on the 6’6 Milwaukee guard? That’s who I wanted for UK.

No nicknames, just names hes has earned. He is a 2 faced ysed car salesman that can not tell the truth. He has repeatedly degraded the fans and plays favorites regardless of how that affects the team. Wagner is aperfect example. The guy's play did not warrant him starting over sheppard or dillingham. Yet he did. The same with edwards. All of the guys i mentioned care only about themselves and the nba except sheppard. Yes sheppard had trouble guarding one on one, everyone did. But he mire than offset that by the rest of his play. Can anyone other than dillingham claim the same. No they can't. Wagner nay improve uf he returns, but Bradshaw and ugo could be here 4 more years and would barely improve. On good uk teams of the past they would be victory cigars, just like the walk ons. Sheppard must not have been too bad in the eyes of others as he won freshman of the year. Not to bad for someone that can't guard a fence post according to you. Didn't he also wind up with the 2nd mist steals for a season in uk history. Again not to shabby.

My goodness. My eyes hurt trying to read that. Are you a second grader ? If not, shame on you, go back to school. Hard to take anyone serious by trying to read that post. You keep talking in circles, and the grammar makes it hard for me to think you know anything about basketball. Sorry man, if you can't do better, I apologize.

One of the guys I questioned why we didn't jump on, Amari Williams, now being pursued by Duke. Cal wasn't serious getting the best players he could from the portal. He would have pushed hard for this guy if he was all in on winning over the pro's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT