ADVERTISEMENT

After this season cal will be finished in lexington

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
There was very little good will toward cal last season when he considered leaving. This season there is no good will at all. People who I know that have regularly talked to cal now they don’t care too. There’s a chance he’s back next year but it’s over for him. People being nice to him in public, people even giving a crap it’s over. He’s gonna sit on and make sure the program can’t be brought back. Cal wants to be known as the last successful coach at UK he doesn’t want anyone to come in and upstage him. But it doesn’t matter. Watch what we get the next year or two. No March experience cal doing what he wants while he’s paid what many of us won’t make in a lifetime. The time for reckoning with cal came and went. He’s a failure who has pulled our program in the abyss. It’s what it is. Over for UK basketball living to blue blood status for the foreseeable future and we are gonna just have to deal with the clown that ruined 100 years of tradition. For UK basketball yes the sky is falling. We are in far worst shape as a program than anytime the last 100 years give or take. It’s gonna take a total overhaul and a completely new system. Not to mention now when you turn uk into a turd of a program the last 5 years it will be difficult to find the right guy to fix it. The luster of the job cal has completely ruined it. We are a middling SEC program now after dominating the conference for the ages. Cal did that. And on top of all of it many are dumbfounded how Barney still has a job. That guy has dirt on someone that’s all that makes sense. Thanks cal!!!

Would love for him to go and for some 2024 commits to de-commit.
I get you want cal to leave. That’s not that shocking. But you know we will need players right? Lol what a loony thing to say. I believe we have the number 2 ranked class. But by all means let’s get some worse players please. Lol

That’s all moot. IF he were to leave, absolutely zero of the recruits will still come so you would get your wish.

I get you want cal to leave. That’s not that shocking. But you know we will need players right? Lol what a loony thing to say. I believe we have the number 2 ranked class. But by all means let’s get some worse players please. Lol

That’s all moot. IF he were to leave, absolutely zero of the recruits will still come so you would get your wish.
Getting great recruiting classes hasn’t led to anything in quite some time.

Getting great recruiting classes hasn’t led to anything in quite some time.
I thought it was due to bad coaching? Shit I still want talented kids. Y’all are out here literally asking for Clyde recruits again lol.

I promise you one thing. Whoever the next coach is, it doesn’t matter. You let him stop getting 5 stars and this fanbase will shit a brick. You may say otherwise, but you’re lying to yourself. As long as duke and unc and Kansas get 5 stars the Kentucky fanbase will settle for nothing less.

Y’all are goofy acting like you don’t want talent

I see it exactly the opposite. Defense is Richmond’s bread and butter. Give me that kid over the others after watching the mess that is this season.
Good to hear then, I’ve only seen a little bit my biggest issues was he looked like another wing who couldn’t shoot, but defense would be a fresh and good changed after what we have seen this year

I thought it was due to bad coaching? Shit I still want talented kids. Y’all are out here literally asking for Clyde recruits again lol.

I promise you one thing. Whoever the next coach is, it doesn’t matter. You let him stop getting 5 stars and this fanbase will shit a brick. You may say otherwise, but you’re lying to yourself. As long as duke and unc and Kansas get 5 stars the Kentucky fanbase will settle for nothing less.

Y’all are goofy acting like you don’t want talent
It’s both. If our 5 stars are going to be like Edwards and Bradshaw then I’ll take some 4 stars that will stick around.

It’s both. If our 5 stars are going to be like Edwards and Bradshaw then I’ll take some 4 stars that will stick around.
Well yeah. But we’ve had some pretty badass 5 stars. Reed Sheppard was a McDonald’s all American too. We will still be Kentucky after cal is gone. We should still expect those type of kids

Reactions: SemperFiCat
dc752016-766f-46a0-95dc-1c109fe66f0e_text.gif

I'm pissed about the defense, but I've been a fan for almost 60 yrs and I'll wait to see how this season plays out.

Lo
There was very little good will toward cal last season when he considered leaving. This season there is no good will at all. People who I know that have regularly talked to cal now they don’t care too. There’s a chance he’s back next year but it’s over for him. People being nice to him in public, people even giving a crap it’s over. He’s gonna sit on and make sure the program can’t be brought back. Cal wants to be known as the last successful coach at UK he doesn’t want anyone to come in and upstage him. But it doesn’t matter. Watch what we get the next year or two. No March experience cal doing what he wants while he’s paid what many of us won’t make in a lifetime. The time for reckoning with cal came and went. He’s a failure who has pulled our program in the abyss. It’s what it is. Over for UK basketball living to blue blood status for the foreseeable future and we are gonna just have to deal with the clown that ruined 100 years of tradition. For UK basketball yes the sky is falling. We are in far worst shape as a program than anytime the last 100 years give or take. It’s gonna take a total overhaul and a completely new system. Not to mention now when you turn uk into a turd of a program the last 5 years it will be difficult to find the right guy to fix it. The luster of the job cal has completely ruined it. We are a middling SEC program now after dominating the conference for the ages. Cal did that. And on top of all of it many are dumbfounded how Barney still has a job. That guy has dirt on someone that’s all that makes sense. Thanks cal!!!
lol what a waste of a thread

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
jerry-seinfeld-eye-roll.gif

Cal's buyout is to the point that if you can get a good coach for 6 million a year with a promise to raise it with UK successful like seasons........ the money you save there will be the buyout.

People tend to have this idea that a buyout is immediate. but no. Buyouts are negotiated the vast majority to where its spread out over years.

and one thing of a new coach is that if he fails, you can fire him

What do we really have to lose? This isn’t going anywhere unless you are happy with 20-10 seasons and NCAA flame outs. We don’t need to pay 10 million a year for this. I bet the coach at Alice Lloyd could have this record
I could coach this team to a 15-5 record and I would take far less than $9M

I understand wanting him out as a coach but should be no hatred towards him as a person outside of coaching

Reactions: Cats192
He’s gonna sit on and make sure the program can’t be brought back. Cal wants to be known as the last successful coach at UK he doesn’t want anyone to come in and upstage him.

I want Cal to go but this is absurd.
That was my thought as well. Quite an absurd reach. Cal doesn't care enough about Kentucky basketball to care what happens when he's gone. He's petty enough to hope UK drops a bit (his ego certainly does), but he doesn't really care too much either way. Even he knows Kentucky basketball was Kentucky basketball before him, and his legacy is one of underachieving here.

Reactions: BluPappi81
Who do you not want in the 2024 class? Quantwince and fland are good. Perry can turn into something, somto is a nice piece. The only one with question marks is Richmond
Cal can have the team he’s going to have next season, and I could start with nothing and I could get 8 vets from the Portal that could beat that team 9/10 times!

The next coach is going to have zero issues fielding a good team when Cal leaves for that reason alone.

There was very little good will toward cal last season when he considered leaving. This season there is no good will at all. People who I know that have regularly talked to cal now they don’t care too. There’s a chance he’s back next year but it’s over for him. People being nice to him in public, people even giving a crap it’s over. He’s gonna s
What year was this post originally written?

I’m having Deja Vu all over again

Reactions: KT34
I won’t attack the opinion because you are entitled to it. My opinion is that Cal and the program are grossly underperforming and I think Cal has lost the passion and energy to compete at the highest level of college and it’s probably in the interest of the program and Cal for this to be his last season.

I must take issue with the statement that the program is by far in the worst shape than it’s been in the last 100 years. You do realize that we are currently ranked in the top 10 don’t you? You do realize that betting lines have us as one of the shortest odds to win the NCAA Tourney? You do realize that most of the knowledgeable college basketball commentators put us in the mix of the 10 or so teams capable of winning the Tourney?

Beyond that, were you around for the last 24 months of Sutton’s tenure. How about the 2 years of the Gillespie regime. Ever heard of the point shaving allegations in the mid-1950 that essentially shut down the program for a year. These situations are by far the worst times for the program.

I won’t disagree with anyone that says the program is not currently performing at elite status it needs to be. It’s losing 2-3-4 games per year that it shouldn’t which affects seeding and then leads to underperformance or even bad performance in the Tourney. Reverse two losses this year, Texas AM (lost by 5 on the road) and the FL on Wednesday and we are probably ranked in the top 5 right now. My point is that saying things like the program is in the “worst shape in 100 years” makes the fan base look silly.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Nothing in his post said anything about him outside of coaching. WTF is wrong with you.
The OP literally said: “There’s a chance he’s back next year but it’s over for him. People being nice to him in public. “

So outside of coaching the public will hit the gas when they see Cal in the crosswalk at Beaumont Kroger?

Who do you not want in the 2024 class? Quantwince and fland are good. Perry can turn into something, somto is a nice piece. The only one with question marks is Richmond
the last few years Cals recruits have not been as good as advertised its hard for freshman to play against 5th year senior’s they get man handled

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Cal can have the team he’s going to have next season, and I could start with nothing and I could get 8 vets from the Portal that could beat that team 9/10 times!

The next coach is going to have zero issues fielding a good team when Cal leaves for that reason alone.
The first year or two a new coach might

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT