ADVERTISEMENT

After Barney’s little segment to fill in for cal

K has 2 titles in the same time Cal has been at UK.
And if you read the posts on here doesn't it sound like he gets every commit that Cal wants? Including some that were obviously only going to play for the money.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Barnhart when it comes to UK basketball. He has pretty much acquiesced all control of the program to Calipari. By all accounts he and Calipari don't even speak all that often. Rumor is the two don't get along at all.
The lifetime contract thing is a bit of a mystery and smacks of desperation on Barnhart's part. He may have felt some pressure from the Joe Craft crowd to do the deal or face watching a lot of the booster funding dry up. Who knows?
I do know that Barnhart once referred to the football fanbase as being part of a "microwave society" because we were tired of waiting on Joker to succeed. In retrospect, the fans were proven to be very correct as Stoops has said subtly that UK's talent level when he arrived wasn't even up to D-1 standards.
Yeah, Barnhart is a serious concern in all of this.
Rumors, on a UK board.

If that is truly the case then Barnhart needs to make an ultimatum.

- Oscar & Sharpe has to come back
- Final Four next year AT The very least
- Change his offensive game
or if you don't we will give you 54 million dollars? Doesn't sound like much of an ultimatum to me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT