ADVERTISEMENT

After Barney’s little segment to fill in for cal

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
It’s evident that he is the reason for the mindset of apathy that has taken over the program. The guy lacks any fire or any desire to push his coach. He apologized to fans made a bunch of excuses and acted like this was an anomoly. Kept mentioning 2020 virus shutdown and how we woulda made a run. No mention. No discussion of last season. It’s like it didn’t happen.

listen fb is doing well but it’s not due to Barney. Hell I would suggest that if our ad had an an ounce of fire we may have an sec title appearance in fb by now. The guy is as demotivating as they come and cal needs a fire lit under his ass really all coaches need that fire.

barney offered no solutions just apologies. It was obvious the coach doesn’t care about fans and Barney was on as his fan out reach spokesman. This was a very dark moment for uk basketball which is on the brink on irrelevance. Barnhart has to go. His going out to clean Cals mess with fans is the worst move I’ve seen from an AD in a very long time. Not just uk.

he demanded zero from his coach and did it himself. Cal probably had 20 min of air time and Barney enables him to get away without talking to fans as per his contract? It is truly gutless all the way around. I’m beginning to think this thing is the titanic and we re about to become iu. Please wake up bbn!

Sounded like Barnhart called Cal out without saying his name. Cal said it’s not about championships, but Barnhart just said it’s about deep runs and championships and that they need to get back to it. If you don’t think Barnhart is pissed, your head is in the sand.

Sounded like Barnhart called Cal out without saying his name. Cal said it’s not about championships, but Barnhart just said it’s about deep runs and championships and that they need to get back to it. If you don’t think Barnhart is pissed, your head is in the sand.
That’s exactly what he did and you just have an agenda against Mitch (and that fine) if you heard anything different.

It’s evident that he is the reason for the mindset of apathy that has taken over the program. The guy lacks any fire or any desire to push his coach. He apologized to fans made a bunch of excuses and acted like this was an anomoly. Kept mentioning 2020 virus shutdown and how we woulda made a run. No mention. No discussion of last season. It’s like it didn’t happen.

listen fb is doing well but it’s not due to Barney. Hell I would suggest that if our ad had an an ounce of fire we may have an sec title appearance in fb by now. The guy is as demotivating as they come and cal needs a fire lit under his ass really all coaches need that fire.

barney offered no solutions just apologies. It was obvious the coach doesn’t care about fans and Barney was on as his fan out reach spokesman. This was a very dark moment for uk basketball which is on the brink on irrelevance. Barnhart has to go. His going out to clean Cals mess with fans is the worst move I’ve seen from an AD in a very long time. Not just uk.

he demanded zero from his coach and did it himself. Cal probably had 20 min of air time and Barney enables him to get away without talking to fans as per his contract? It is truly gutless all the way around. I’m beginning to think this thing is the titanic and we re about to become iu. Please wake up bbn!
The pumpers are echoing Barney and coaches in the program

Reactions: Wildcats1st
I don't have a lot of confidence in Barnhart when it comes to UK basketball. He has pretty much acquiesced all control of the program to Calipari. By all accounts he and Calipari don't even speak all that often. Rumor is the two don't get along at all.
The lifetime contract thing is a bit of a mystery and smacks of desperation on Barnhart's part. He may have felt some pressure from the Joe Craft crowd to do the deal or face watching a lot of the booster funding dry up. Who knows?
I do know that Barnhart once referred to the football fanbase as being part of a "microwave society" because we were tired of waiting on Joker to succeed. In retrospect, the fans were proven to be very correct as Stoops has said subtly that UK's talent level when he arrived wasn't even up to D-1 standards.
Yeah, Barnhart is a serious concern in all of this.

Did you realize that Coach K not only has a loss to a #15 seed, he lost to a #14 seed as well. Izzo lost to a #15 seed, Jim Boehiem lost to a #15 seed, as did Lute Olson. The moral of the story here is that all coaches have bad loses once in a while if they coach long enough.

Reactions: jauk11
Did you realize that Coach K not only has a loss to a #15 seed, he lost to a #14 seed as well. Izzo lost to a #15 seed, Jim Boehiem lost to a #15 seed, as did Lute Olson. The moral of the story here is that all coaches have bad loses once in a while if they coach long enough.
How many did it after a 9-16 season? How many did it while treating the fan base like idiots?

Well, Calipari had 16 of them last year, a nice flameout to Robert Morris in the NIT a few years ago and now a sweet bounce out of the tourney by powerful St. Peters.
So, he should be pretty well stocked up.

Because this is just about 1 tournament loss . Sure thing …lol .

ANy of them the coach at UK when that happened? If not, then who cares? YOu guys that keep propping up Cal are hilarious and sad at the same time.

Okay okay okay, you’re right! Well played.

Now my turn. Did any of those loses you listed come after a 9-16 season? Derp

The Moral of the story is K has 5 titles, Cal has 1.

I’m not a Barnhart fan but at least he showed up. Unlike the guy whose job it is.
The fact he enabled cal to do that is enough. Anyone thinking he called cal out well he’s either the most passive aggressive human alive or he’s scared

I agree. Barnie and cal clearly aren't on the same page.

If you’re ok with lute Olson or boeheim as our coach you gotta point. Ratface on the other hand built up so much capital to reference him is gross stupidity.

let me frame it how Barney didn’t

In 2019-2020 we won a weak SEC, our best win was at home to UL in OT AND we lost to Evansville at home which is always unacceptable.

then 9 wins

then this loss to a 15.

now show me where one of those guys operated with that level of consecutive incompetence.

see Barney duped everyone by trying to gaslight about the 2020 team that he says was headed for a run. No mention of that nasty Evansville loss and no mention of the hagans debacle. We may have been sent home the first game of that tournament as much as we coulda made a run. Barney 3 tournament misses with him at AD. 1 title. In 20 years that’s an awful record for our standard bearer program. Like I said if the heart is sick the body can’t be healthy. UK bb is the heart of our athletics program. Barney acted like this season is an anomolay or at least the early out. Every 5 years on avg with this guy we have miss a tournament or lose like this. Add in the loses to garner Webb vmi robert Morris and you have the absolute worst record of bb under any AD I can recall. I mean before Barney we didn’t lose to those at peters or evansvilles of the world. Lol this guy I can’t believe he still has a job at UK the college basketball capitol Lexington. Or at least it was.

V
Turkey we are not Dook, or Syracuse, or Michigan State, or Arizona. None of these programs have high standards.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
If you truly think MB was going to get on the radio and trash his coach publicly, then you really are not too bright. He was measured and said what he expects without crossing that line. He clearly will have a pointed conversation with Cal and it will be behind closed doors....not out in public for some of you to get your jollys.

I agree. Barnie and cal clearly aren't on the same page.
Going to be hard to take the power away from Cal. I think we all know who has the power although each losing season and tourney bomb chips away at that power. Any program apathy only lessens Cal power.

I'm tired of the covid excuse. EVERY TEAM DEALT WITH COVID, EVERY TEAM LOST THAT TOURNAMENT!

In fact the 2020 team was falling a f#cking part headed into the SEC tournament, Hagans posting pictures of money, he's off the team, he's on the team, there's no evidence we would have performed any better in that NCAA tournament had it not been cancelled.

Then 2021, the team had 3 players on NBA rosters on it, and again... EVERY TEAM WAS DEALING WITH COVID, COVID IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR 9-16

You realize that Cal was coming off a 9-16 season, don’t you?

Reactions: bdroshek
If Cal is in the mud then Barnhart is in the mud and he knows it. I say there will be a conversation.
This is EXACTLY why Mitch came on after Cal. They are attached at the hip now and Cal is the ONLY ONE with a lifetime contract and in turn a HUGE buyout. Cal has the upper hand in this situation and he KNOWS it.

Mitch's biggest fear is that the fans and especially the big money donors will get fed up with Cal and tighten up their wallets EVEN MORE. After the kneeling incident to go along with Keion Brooks Rupp comments, a WHOLE LOT of donors stopped giving. Add to that the 9-16 record, Cal's SMART _SS attitude toward the fan base and the early exit losing to a school NO ONE had even heard of before Thursday night, then you get an AD that has PLENTY to worry about.

The Rifle team winning another national championship AIN'T fixin' this!!!

Lose Sharpe, Oscar, and TY Ty or two of the three and next year is probably a bummer. Then miss out on Wagner then it's probably the nail on the coffin and he's gone by 2023.. I think Cal survives this year. It was a great year as far as the regular season was concerned especially considering the injuries. Team's do get beat by #15 seeds at times and St. Peters was playing good enough to knock out another top 20 team two nights later. They played a good weekend.

With that being said, the defense has to be adjusted and get better. We can't continue to have our guards be such poor defenders and it's not just a this year problem it's a schematic issue.

You promised shooters last year and you still played three kids at a time that couldn't shoot. Change the dang offense. Without Oscar it wouldn't of been nearly efficient with all the brick layers on the floor..

This is EXACTLY why Mitch came on after Cal. They are attached at the hip now and Cal is the ONLY ONE with a lifetime contract and in turn a HUGE buyout. Cal has the upper hand in this situation and he KNOWS it.

Mitch's biggest fear is that the fans and especially the big money donors will get fed up with Cal and tighten up their wallets EVEN MORE. After the kneeling incident to go along with Keion Brooks Rupp comments, a WHOLE LOT of donors stopped giving. Add to that the 9-16 record, Cal's SMART _SS attitude toward the fan base and the early exit losing to a school NO ONE had even heard of before Thursday night, then you get an AD that has PLENTY to worry about.

The Rifle team winning another national championship AIN'T fixin' this!!!
This^

Reactions: catben
Did K go 9-16 before losing to a 15 seed after a decade long title drought in a career that only feature one title?

Good comparison, by the way. Really good comparison.

I'm tired of the covid excuse. EVERY TEAM DEALT WITH COVID, EVERY TEAM LOST THAT TOURNAMENT!

In fact the 2020 team was falling a f#cking part headed into the SEC tournament, Hagans posting pictures of money, he's off the team, he's on the team, there's no evidence we would have performed any better in that NCAA tournament had it not been cancelled.

Then 2021, the team had 3 players on NBA rosters on it, and again... EVERY TEAM WAS DEALING WITH COVID, COVID IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR 9-16
That team lost to Evansville at home people don’t talk about that anymore. One of the worst losses ever until this tournament debacle. That was a team primed to have what happened this year happen then with the hagans saga

dk3O332.png

Reactions: kywildcat41086
The only person at UK who pisses me off more than Cal is Barnhart. I loathe him.

Can someone buy that dweeb a polo he can't button all the way to the top like a putz?

Barnhart is one of the most patient ADs in the country. You all would’ve ran off Stoops long ago, guaranteed

I don’t know exactly what Barnhart being pissed means. By golly I’ll tell ya? Type of deal?

But I agree he called him out. But how insane is it that a blue blood sports program has to clarify that WINNING is still a priority.

When I saw that I was officially finished with Calipari whether or not he wins again is of no consequence. He needs to go.

How you figure? I say it’s 100% true. I was around during those times, there’s not one iota of doubt about it frankly

I admit I was wrong about Stoops. For sure.

But I still don’t think Stoops will take us to where the next guy will. But it doesn’t matter I really had lost faith he’d take us this far.

Calipari is different. I truly believe his system hurts the long term success of the program. At this point I don’t even feel him winning another title is worth holding on. Winning cannot be secondary.

How you figure? I say it’s 100% true. I was around during those times, there’s not one iota of doubt about it frankly
He'd never been a head coach before and he took over possibly the worst major D1 program at the time. Growing pains were inevitable.

Stoops has also always been completely endearing to UK fans, unlike Fatty McFatFat and his band of NBA wannabes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT