ADVERTISEMENT

Adou to Arkansas

In the year of putting people on blast who are fake and lying.....Adou had back spasms like I have the talent of Michael Jordan. That was total BS. Worst part was at least SELL it like you are injured and don't be leaping and going up/down from the bench to cheer when you apparently are so battered you can't compete. It's just embarrassing the levels of chaos that were going on behind the scenes with this program for far too long. Adou was a nice player but his Dad is insane and Cal is just a cuckold at this point to anything/anyone who can make his job easier.
Look at our last game, Adou was planted on the bench the last 30 minutes of that Oakland game.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Look at our last game, Adou was planted on the bench the last 30 minutes of that Oakland game.
If Cal had any balls he'd have kicked him off the team for his Dad's BS back in January. This is one that has a lot of people head scratching based on where the Dad/Cal were during the past season. Shocked/Stunned but hey--roster spots need to be filled and everyone has a "fresh start". LOL

Okay well why don’t you just go buy you a nice Arkansas jersey and find out. It seems like you like Cal more than UK anyway. You don’t think our rosters looked similar the last 5 years? Over the course of his tenure? What happened the last 10 years? Not as strong as you think or because he has to actually try to coach too?
Pope has a good group coming in as well. I have been a UK fan and will be a UK fan. The reality for most people is that Cal is not a bad coach. The last 4 years have not been very good at all but I enjoyed last years team. They were a blast to watch. We had our second best player totally freeze during the first round but I thought the team was very good. I am not a Cal hater and I will pull for him and our former players except for our game. I am not into buying jerseys but thanks for the suggestion.

What can anyone add to all the posts. Promises? Money? Stupidity? Comfort level of knowing the system, coach, and expectations? Just seems like a very poor decision

Reactions: susan2361
This one is so weird to me. He and his dad were clearly unhappy, he entered the portal before Cal left UK, everyone thought he was headed to UNC or Pitt and now he ends up at Arkansas.

Strange situation.
I hadn't thought about it much, but when you reminded us that he went to the portal BEFORE Cal left, then it becomes really strange. Especially how he (and Z) were treated by Cal. I feel like the fans showed their love to both. Heck, a lot of fans even paid for that billboard. That was NOT Cal, but fans!!

I will tell you one thing...if I were a coach, I would never take a kid who has "helicopter" parent (s). After I talked to the kid and if I like them, then I would talk to the parents. You could tell the difference between parents who are concerned for their child's future and parents who want to CONTROL everything about their child's life. That's why I would not want Bronny James here. There is NO WAY if I were the coach, I could deal with LeBron on a regular basis. I would NOT have enough patience for that!🤣🤣

GO BIG BLUE AND
COACH POPE, TOO!!!💙💙💙

There was clearly something else going on here. I don't know if it was a UK problem.. but it sure seems the issues between Cal and Adou (and in general, the rest of the team) have been overblown.

Adou isn't going to Arkansas if he had any problems with Cal. Full stop.

Could the NIL issues have maybe NOT been Cal's fault?
That's like saying Pitino didn't know about the strippers. Can't have it both ways. Cal knew but deflected blame to UK.

With all due respect, this young man is too stupid to play for a Rhodes Scholar. Why would he be considered a big signing for Arkansas? Other than Reeves, Cal doesn't have a good track record of getting much out of players year 2 or 3. It is unlikely that he will do much better under Cal next season than this past season. This young man deserves whatever further abuse he receives from Hal, I mean Kal, Cal. or whatever.
There are actually a number of examples of players doing very well in year 2 or 3. The thing is, how much credit does Calipari get for that? When you start out as one of the better freshmen in the country you can often improve significantly with just another year of experience and maturity.

This thread is gold. The sheep have been fed tons of s$it from their local media.

Trouble understanding how the best recruiter ever in college basketball is about to land the best transfer portal class in the country. How can that happen? Cal only recruits 5 stars and can't build a roster with transfers. Well, he only signed three HS 5 stars and the rest top level portal guys.

How could Thiero have done this? Maybe all the made up excuses your media guys told you were not accurate? Don't be sheep.

How many excuses for missing transfers are you believing right now? Transfer X wanted to come but he was told he would have to compete for minutes (that's always a good one that every homer media guy regurgitates to keep the sheep happy about losing out on a commit.) Didn't qualify academically? Other school offered a big bag? Staff did their research and found some character issues. That's one of my favs because of course your coaches are only bringing in the highest quality players! Go across every message board in the country and the media guys feed the same bulls$it to their sheep. Sheep don't want to hear our new coach is boring AF and can't recruit.

You still think it's about the fans and the school. It's about the coach. Good luck with your no name coach and all the 3 star level transfers. You got none of the top transfers or HS players on campus for visits under Coach No Name and the ones that you did said not interested.
And just who are you??

nice get for Arkansas. Love Adou and if he can stay on the floor he’s a really good player. No need to put the kid down. We have no idea if he was hurting or spastic or anything else. He played his ass off when he was on the floor and I’m a fan of his. Great pickup and hopefully He’ll continue to improve and live his dream of playing in the league. I hope he becomes and all American, as long as he sucks playing Kentucky.

You're just saying what you have to say to defend Calipari dude. We were all held hostage too. There is literally nothing you can type that one of us hasn't typed or argued about. You're a novice in Calipari. We are the experts. One day you'll have an epiphany and realize it.

As for Adou, he was a fan favorite, but I don't think he was a great fit for what we were trying to do. Adou's dad also played under Calipari. But let's keep it really real, it's really about money and Arkansas needs him more than Kentucky (who evidently never gave a huge amount of effort in the first place).

Adou only entered the portal to get more money to return to Kentucky (which is the status quo in 2024). When Calipari went to Arkansas, his expectation flipped to Arkansas. That's all it is. The rest is kind of bullshit.
I forgot about his dad playing for Cal. I don't remember if anyone said how his dad did under Cal. Do you know?

Definitely wish we could have retained at least one player from last year. Guessing, as others have said, DJ joins him this week.

Otherwise, I think we would be wise to prepare for Arkansas being very good next year with a rejuvenated Cal. Could we be better and beat them? Sure. But I’m not going to act like Arkansas and Cal won’t be a major threat next year. I wish them well and hope we beat the heck out of them in both the regular season and postseason.
I'm kinda glad there have been no holdovers from Cal's team. The only two I would have wanted back would have been Reed and Rob. And even then, I would question how much of their loyalty to Cal, would affect a new Coach with a new team. Some of the time I think it would just be better to start with a clean slate. That being said, Theiro going to Arkansas is really a head scratcher, along with Z. I thought they might be offered to come back, because of how Cal treated them. But them going TO Cal...😲😲😲 what a real puzzle.

Last edited:
Reactions: wfc7
He clearly likes Cal enough, and also must have liked the NIL deal he had gotten. I find it odd that UK seemingly had NO chance to get him to come back, despite a great young coach, lots of NIL money, and familiarity.
Great young coach? LMAO. Has he ever won anything?

EpxQKQtW4AE81o5.jpg

NIL

Cal didn't have it to spend at Kentucky. He does at Arkansas. This is pretty obvious at this point. Thiero put his name in the portal to see what his value was.

It's a shame that Cal couldn't raise the funds he needed at Kentucky. It's also a shame that his coaching was awful the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT