ADVERTISEMENT

Adou to Arkansas

Could be worse, he could have gone to UNC. At least at Arkansas, he will be used sparingly and not be coached well.
Yeah I think Pitt was my first choice, but Arkansas second ahead of UNC or Indiana (who I didn't even know what in contention for him). UNC and Kansas seem like they're loading up to have super teams. I almost think I would prefer UConn win it all next year over either of those two.

This thread is gold. The sheep have been fed tons of s$it from their local media.

Trouble understanding how the best recruiter ever in college basketball is about to land the best transfer portal class in the country. How can that happen? Cal only recruits 5 stars and can't build a roster with transfers. Well, he only signed three HS 5 stars and the rest top level portal guys.

How could Thiero have done this? Maybe all the made up excuses your media guys told you were not accurate? Don't be sheep.

How many excuses for missing transfers are you believing right now? Transfer X wanted to come but he was told he would have to compete for minutes (that's always a good one that every homer media guy regurgitates to keep the sheep happy about losing out on a commit.) Didn't qualify academically? Other school offered a big bag? Staff did their research and found some character issues. That's one of my favs because of course your coaches are only bringing in the highest quality players! Go across every message board in the country and the media guys feed the same bulls$it to their sheep. Sheep don't want to hear our new coach is boring AF and can't recruit.

You still think it's about the fans and the school. It's about the coach. Good luck with your no name coach and all the 3 star level transfers. You got none of the top transfers or HS players on campus for visits under Coach No Name and the ones that you did said not interested.

You're just saying what you have to say to defend Calipari dude. We were all held hostage too. There is literally nothing you can type that one of us hasn't typed or argued about. You're a novice in Calipari. We are the experts. One day you'll have an epiphany and realize it.

As for Adou, he was a fan favorite, but I don't think he was a great fit for what we were trying to do. Adou's dad also played under Calipari. But let's keep it really real, it's really about money and Arkansas needs him more than Kentucky (who evidently never gave a huge amount of effort in the first place).

Adou only entered the portal to get more money to return to Kentucky (which is the status quo in 2024). When Calipari went to Arkansas, his expectation flipped to Arkansas. That's all it is. The rest is kind of bullshit.

PG - Boogie Fland
SGp Johnell Davis (their only shooter)
SF - Richmond/Knox
PF - Theiro
C - Aidoo/Ivisic

I think it's inevitable DJ Wagner is coming on board....adn they'll add another PF (could be Burks for all we know)

Coached by genius of Cal, Payne, Chin, Chuck Martin adn good old Brad.

So lets take a look.

1. No offensive mind on that coaching staff
2. Not a ton of spacing
3. Have no idea why Big Z goes there to be recruited over
4. Freshman will be showcased over you

Good luck with that....we've been there done that many times.
Cal is a used car salesman, and a damn good one at that. He could sell a rusted car with 3 wheels.

This thread is gold. The sheep have been fed tons of s$it from their local media.

Trouble understanding how the best recruiter ever in college basketball is about to land the best transfer portal class in the country. How can that happen? Cal only recruits 5 stars and can't build a roster with transfers. Well, he only signed three HS 5 stars and the rest top level portal guys.

How could Thiero have done this? Maybe all the made up excuses your media guys told you were not accurate? Don't be sheep.

How many excuses for missing transfers are you believing right now? Transfer X wanted to come but he was told he would have to compete for minutes (that's always a good one that every homer media guy regurgitates to keep the sheep happy about losing out on a commit.) Didn't qualify academically? Other school offered a big bag? Staff did their research and found some character issues. That's one of my favs because of course your coaches are only bringing in the highest quality players! Go across every message board in the country and the media guys feed the same bulls$it to their sheep. Sheep don't want to hear our new coach is boring AF and can't recruit.

You still think it's about the fans and the school. It's about the coach. Good luck with your no name coach and all the 3 star level transfers. You got none of the top transfers or HS players on campus for visits under Coach No Name and the ones that you did said not interested.
Well dang!

Dude got that BAG he is set!
Saturday Night Live Netflix GIF by Morphin

I look for your 29 year Final 4 drought to continue…enjoy😂😂😂

For all of the complaining Adou’s dad did on Twitter during the season about his role in Cal’s system and his playing time having to sit behind Freshmen that he felt weren’t as good as his kid, it blows my mind that they chose to return to Cal!!!

Adou has a TON of potential, but it will hinge on his ability to shoot the 3 and finish at the rim. As strong as he was last year, he got REJECTED at the rim almost as much as Edwards.

Can’t wait to see his dad complain again on Twitter once the season starts.😜😜😜

Evidently J.C. must be short for John Calipari, and everyone knows that every Rose has its thorns (pricks). So your pseudonym is John Calipari Prick? Maybe us sheep arent as blind as you think?

Is that you Brad?

Thiero has a lot of upside at PF for any college team. Right now it looks like Ark doesn't have a PF. So, maybe it works out for him. But I think a team loses quite a bit of value by playing Thiero at any position other than PF and playing Big Z at any position other than Center. So, what Calipari does with Adioo, Big Z and Thiero remains to be seen.

Ironically he is going to have a mix there many were asking for here. 3 freshman, 2-3 returnees, and 2 high end transfers. Assuming he gets Burks and one more backcourt guy that is a good squad. Unfortunately if he had stayed we would have been way more freshman dominated.

Goodluck on your one and done players and tourney results

Fland can shoot. But other than that, you’re spot on.
I'll ber he does not go much over 35% from 3pt land....he's not known as a sniper...nor a great shot taker from high school....and being surrounded with not much shooters ....ain't going to help floor spacing

Reactions: ukfan041

Incredibly thankful Cal isn’t at Kentucky anymore and nobody is gonna steal my joy. Certainly not an Arkansas fan! 😂😂😂

With all due respect, this young man is too stupid to play for a Rhodes Scholar. Why would he be considered a big signing for Arkansas? Other than Reeves, Cal doesn't have a good track record of getting much out of players year 2 or 3. It is unlikely that he will do much better under Cal next season than this past season. This young man deserves whatever further abuse he receives from Hal, I mean Kal, Cal. or whatever.

Reactions: Fox2monk
These guys and their fellow idiot Arkansas lemmings are too stupid to understand they are being fooled by the biggest conman in sports, oh well when they show up in Rupp this coming season we'll just boo all their asses back to the Stone Age

We knew it was going to be an uphill battle the first year. Losing Adou doesn't worry me at all lol. Rival fans need to pray that Pope can't coach or its going to be a LONG era of agony for them.

Reactions: BCD and Fox2monk

Man who shit in your Wheaties bud. What's your problem with what coach Pope and his staff are doing in the portal. They are not finished. Wow.

Thiero has a lot of upside at PF for any college team. Right now it looks like Ark doesn't have a PF. So, maybe it works out for him. But I think a team loses quite a bit of value by playing Thiero at any position other than PF and playing Big Z at any position other than Center. So, what Calipari does with Adioo, Big Z and Thiero remains to be seen.
I think you have a large enough sample size of Hal's work to know he isn't going to do a flipping thing with either player. They will ride the bench behind players Kal has made promises to.

This one is so weird to me. He and his dad were clearly unhappy, he entered the portal before Cal left UK, everyone thought he was headed to UNC or Pitt and now he ends up at Arkansas.

Strange situation.
Obviously his dad was just shopping him around for more NIL money. Tyson Chicken paid his check.

Reactions: Rockford
Just because Adou is Arky's gain it really does not mean he is our loss. Cal saw talent in the 3*/4* the Combo Guard out of HS, had the family connection, and then literally watched him grow into a SF/PF. He has skills, just a bad camp that inflates his worth in his own head. He will actually do better in a more traditional offense (assuming that is what the BradCal "Earned Note Given" O will be) vs. Welch's.

He played the field and realized his services were not as $ought after as his pop thought they would be. Good (not great) get for Arky. Will be fun seeing those boys come into Rupp against men of Kentucky. Seriously, best of luck Adou!

Would not be shocked to see Onyenso end up calling the hogs (yuck) if things do not go all hat well at the G League Elite Camp.

Remember, the more '24-'25 Arky resembles the '22-'23 & '23-'24 Cats the better for us!

The butthurt in this thread will certainly give the FET thread at Hogville.net some nice material!

Last edited:

Don’t forget that Cal had a much better roster at UK this past season and had double digit losses and a 1st round defeat.
He had 3 future NBA players on a team that went 9-16.
No matter what has-been coach is on your sideline, you’re still Arkansas.

Calipari has failed with any player who was a Tweener at any 3/4 position. Poythress is as close as he had to a success there. Gilchrist was a manimal, so he doesn't count (though would be closer to a 4 than 3 in 2024).

We all know it. Arkansas fans don't know it yet. If he ends up playing Adou at 3, they are going to follow the same pattern (and Adou reportedly doesn't like playing 4).

And you are on a Kentucky board trying to prove to us that you guys are so great, what does that tell ya?. You're portal rank is 2 spots above Kentucky lol Typical Arkansas trash

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT