ADVERTISEMENT

••OFFICIAL TENNESSEE VS KENTUCKY GAME THREAD••

Tubby Never missed a NCAA tournament

Tubby was a hell of a lot better at the in-game coaching than Cal. His teams also played pretty hard, even above their talent level. Cal takes rosters with multiple NBA players and finds ways to lose games that they just shouldn't.

He doesn't even play the player with the highest ceiling on the team at all.
You all are reading to much into it. I just mean come out strong with some good in the middle, but nosedive at the end. Cal has definitely nosedived more than Tubby, but then he was even higher up before doing it.

Tennessee owns Kentucky, they beat Kentucky is almost everything consistently. The SEC has passed Kentucky by. This program is so far away from competing for anything it’s not even funny
It's not the SEC, it's Calipari. He hasn't won the SEC tourney in how many years now? Kentucky use to be the team SEC teams wanted to emulate, now, they dominate us.

Kentucky has become a shadow of it's former self now.

This has been enjoyable guys but calm down. You will probably go deep in the SEC tournament and be like a 6 seed in March, that makes a run because that’s what they are recruited to UK to do. Meanwhile, Vols won tonight but usually have no post season success. But….this has been awesome

From a Vols perspective, Rupp lost its intimidation when Cal got there. Not sure why, but the players don’t seem to respect that nobody should win there besides the Cats

From a Vols perspective, Rupp lost its intimidation when Cal got there. Not sure why, but the players don’t seem to respect that nobody should win there besides the Cats
From 2009-2015 Kentucky only lost like 2 or 3 home games. Since 2016 it's been an absolute joke.

From 2009-2015 Kentucky only lost like 2 or 3 home games. Since 2016 it's been an absolute joke.
It’s extremely hard to win on road on Saturday games in conference. I was expecting a loss. Players Didn’t seem to have the same emotion as crowd. Mid week games maybe…Saturday home games are a must win for a top 3 type seed.

Reactions: RunninRichie
It’s extremely hard to win on road on Saturday games in conference. I was expecting a loss. Players Didn’t seem to have the same emotion as crowd. Mid week games maybe…Saturday home games are a must win for a top 3 type seed.
Agree. Our team is very mentally weak this year. Sounds like some players are jealous of other players success.

Reactions: tlove3
Something going on. The weird Dilly illness where he was allowed to sit on the bench. Edwards sitting out with what Cal said a knee and it was a quad. Wagner sitting out. Z saying he is sick but allowed to sit with the rest of the team. Something is bad fishy
I will say this and don't care what some will think. Calipari's more worried about their draft stock than Kentucky winning this season.

The excuses aren't working anymore. Calipari only cares about making his players millionaires. He got his (meaning title and retirement package) and doesn't care about us and hasn't since the 2015 FF loss.

I want his sorry ass gone and if by some chance they buyout his contract (probably unlikely), I want Mitch to be included.

I know this is going to sound weird to quite a few people here on this board, but a coach is supposed to excel in all aspects of the job. It's not just recruiting. It's not just saying the right things. It's not just preparing athletes for the business aspect of professional sports.

It's development, which Cal doesn't do.
It's in game coaching and strategy, which Cal doesn't do.
It's basketball IQ and game awareness, which Cal doesn't have.
It's using and teaching all aspects of the game, which Cal doesn't do.
It's about developing a bench, which Cal doesn't do.
It's about not playing politics, which Cal can't quit doing.
Sometimes, it's about studying the other team and taking away their strength or using it against them, instead of just playing the same way against everyone.

If you can't see it yet, I don't know how anyone here will EVER see anything more simply obvious.

After over a decade, he has done the least with the most highly ranked talent the sport has ever seen. He flat out CANNOT COACH. He's one helluva recruiter, because he can sell mediocrity to a lottery pick, but he couldn't coach Michael Jordan out of a bathroom stall.
“…done the least with the most”
I used to chuckle at dean smith when he had that title

Good game. Competitive
Didn't see you yesterday like after the 1st UK/UT game??? As far as your comment, I wish I could say the same for KU yesterday......

Fou Rire Giggling GIF - Fou Rire Giggling Mdr GIFs

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT