ADVERTISEMENT

••OFFICIAL MISSISSIPPI STATE VS KENTUCKY GAME THREAD••

In a nutshell the lack of effort on this team that rears its head sometimes... another lane violation. Focus damn it.

Once again, our players think just because Cal often times play 4 on 5 that St only has 4 players on the court.

15 point win but not a great game in any way. Without the FT difference we are losing this game

Another lane violation that has got to stop it cost us a very important point in the loss to A&M.

Between these and how many players step on the baseline.. i'm just not sure what AAU and higher-level HS basketball is really teaching these kids. Every year, freshman seem to be further and further away from understanding how to play college ball.

Reactions: RunninRichie
This might be the wurst 2nd half defense I've ever seen. By both teams
Reeves AND 1!
Cats by 17 because State gets another dunk
Then they get a layup
Then a lob dunk
Cats win by 13

Reactions: bbncal02
Between these and how many players step on the baseline.. i'm just not sure what AAU and higher-level HS basketball is really teaching these kids. Every year, freshman seem to be further and further away from understanding how to play college ball.
AAU is a total cancer on american basketball. That's why these freshman coming in often don't know how to box out, keep their hands up on defense, keep two hands on the ball when rebounding etc.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Well we had a scare for a few minutes to start the 2nd half but the Cats immediately jacked it back up to 12 pts and we coasted the rest of the way. The defense was great in the 1st half but left a little to be desired in the 2nd half. We gave them a lot of open 3s that they missed.

Good win.

Reactions: UK67KU59
Does anyone else think that Mississippi State's coach looks like Pedro Pascal?
I stated it the other day, but he reminds me of an elf on Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Christmas GIF

Reactions: MbergCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT