ADVERTISEMENT

••OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS MISS ST GAME THREAD••

The end result is a big road win, so I’ll take it, especially when there were stretches tonight where that was far from certain.

We have to do better in end game situations though. Needing a buzzer beater to survive is not a situation you should be in after having an 8 point lead with less than a minute left. Even with Hubbard going off, that doesn’t happen without us making a couple of egregiously stupid mistakes to give them extra points. The kind that could easily cost us a game if we do it again. Hopefully this ends up being the best kind of learning experience where we still get a win with the lesson.

Sounds like we did not play great. Let their 2 best players go off. And we still won. Looks like Shep and Reeves played great but not much else. DJ, Dilly and Adou was the other scorers. I will watch tomorrow. But stopping by here early was troublesome (not posts) play. Got to come out better. Need to now get 3 in a row. You all have a great night. Shep doing legendary things on the road!!!

I agree Cal has sucked more often than not the past 5 years and especially this season. He did a good job in this game, so not sure your point. Sure Reed did what we needed him to do but Cal made actual changes multiple times this game. There's been plenty of games to bitch about his coaching. This isn't one of them.

The inability to enjoy a big road victory and another Quad 1 win amazes me.
Took every single bucket from Shep off the bench to counter coaching incompetence...

GHY1TBvasAA5Zn_
Biggest jinx EVER!!

This just feels like a huge win, another 56 point half. Played kinda poor first half, back against the wall. Got down 11 and fought the rest of the game. Instead of blowing it and being a back breaker, we win and get some momentum.
Exactly, everyone dogs this team when we've lost 6 other games like this one. Down to the wire and 1 possession games that we haven't been able to win. We could easily be 24-4, 23-5, 22-6 or 21-7 instead of 20-8. We've haven't been able to finish the close game. Tonight we finally did. Celebrate a hard fought win, act like you enjoyed it and stop bitching.

I give State credit for fighting till the end.

But equally I love the fight our team has. Down 13 to come back. On the road vs a good Miss St team

Very good.
This was the South Carolina game on repeat. Went down 12 after we subbed Dilly and Sheppard in to start the 2nd half looked like it was over but we fought this time instead of rolling over. Oh and Reed played the game of his life and we made every free throw except the 2 Ugo missed in the 1st half.

Exactly, everyone dogs this team when we've lost 6 other games like this one. Down to the wire and 1 possession games that we haven't been able to win. We could easily be 24-4, 23-5, 22-6 or 21-7 instead of 20-8. We've haven't been able to finish the close game. Tonight we finally did. Celebrate a hard fought win, act like you enjoyed it and stop bitching.
This feels so much like 2014, they did the exact same thing. I’d feel hell of a lot better if we guarded like that team and had a Randle in the post but damn they can score the ball. We all know that matters so much in March. Honestly we should be 22-6 at worst. Florida/LSU we should have held on and won. UNC-W should also not be a loss but we were outplayed.

With the win we're not a 1/2 game out of a tie for 3rd place.

Looking at the games remaining, Auburn has the weakest SOS but if they stumble and we win out there's still a chance we could win this conference.

This feels so much like 2014, they did the exact same thing. I’d feel hell of a lot better if we guarded like that team and had a Randle in the post but damn they can score the ball. We all know that matters so much in March. Honestly we should be 22-6 at worst. Florida/LSU we should have held on and won. UNC-W should also not be a loss but we were outplayed.
I said 2 weeks ago this team is setting up like UCONN did last year. They lost 5 of 8 games in late January to mid February. Then won it all with 8 losses. Not saying we will but so many people can't see past the Cal hatred. This team has the tools to win. We have lost every close game this year except this one and first Florida game. We are better than our 20-8 record. Most Quad 1 wins in the SEC and peaking at the right time. Now we have to avoid laying an egg. No room left for errors.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That ain’t happening. We played very well at the end of the game against LSU.

Cal called a timeout and we scored to take the lead.

We blocked their shot and they got a lucky bounce.

But it’s enough for bias confirmation for the CHC.

Now we win and they still whine.

There’s nothing Cal can do to change it.

This team just keeps getting better and better. Each player keeps getting better and better.

But they won’t run out of whine shine!! They have an endless supply.

I said 2 weeks ago this team is setting up like UCONN did last year. They lost 5 of 8 games in late January to mid February. Then won it all with 8 losses. Not saying we will but so many people can't see past the Cal hatred. This team has the tools to win. We have lost every close game this year except this one and first Florida game. We are better than our 20-8 record. Most Quad 1 wins in the SEC and peaking at the right time. Now we have to avoid laying an egg. No room left for errors.
I agree we just need to be consistent. I have no doubt that we can score 60 in a half if needed but I’d rather see us play 2 solid halves and win by 12-15 most of the time. I really hope we do well and go far. I really do love this team.

Reactions: cathouse
Two takeaways from this
1) Reed and Rob need to be in there in the end. Absolutely must be in the game.
2) Ugo and Bradshaw do not need to be anywhere near the court in a game like this at the end. Play Big Z.
Anyone with eyes can Z our potential is way higher with Z. If Ugo is playing defense great in a game and is engaged and not lost sure play him. Games like tonight he needs to be out.

Thought they said he had 32 the game before tonight. 30+ again tonight so I’m guessing he will score plenty
Yea, I knew somebody would come back with that one. He just scored 3 points in the first game against Kentucky. He only averages 15 a game, he played over his head tonight, especially the last three 30 footers.

That ain’t happening. We played very well at the end of the game against LSU.

Cal called a timeout and we scored to take the lead.

We blocked their shot and they got a lucky bounce.

But it’s enough for bias confirmation for the CHC.

Now we win and they still whine.

There’s nothing Cal can do to change it.

This team just keeps getting better and better. Each player keeps getting better and better.

But they won’t run out of whine shine!! They have an endless supply.
I know, and it's sad. Hatred for a coach who whether they believe it or not is a HOF coach keeps them from even actually enjoying the team they claim to root for. I'm by no means a Cal fan, but at the same time he coaches the team I love. So of course I see past my dislike of his choices and cheer my team on. Some others are simply incapable of doing that.

Anyone with eyes can Z our potential is way higher with Z. If Ugo is playing defense great in a game and is engaged and not lost sure play him. Games like tonight he needs to be out.
Z played much better defense today. I just wish his conditioning was better. He is winded after 5 minutes everytime.

The tools to win is why everyone is so frustrated. Everyone sees how good they are.

the fear is its a wasted opportunity if Cal doesn't get his head out of his butt

Which is why Cal was a jackass for not putting him in the game vs Gonzaga down 2 with 12 seconds left dumbest Fcking thing Cal has done all year.
I wouldn’t go that far, look at his starting lineups and not telling them to foul Fla up 3.

Cal doesn't really like to give much credit to Reed when asked about the last play he mentions something else first and then brings up the bad pass by Reed. If dj had hit the game winner Cal would be talking about what a dog he is lmao

The tools to win is why everyone is so frustrated. Everyone sees how good they are.

the fear is its a wasted opportunity if Cal doesn't get his head out of his butt
Cal has definitely cost us 2-3 wins this season. Player execution has cost us a few as well. We can't change that now, but we can still cheer for our team moving forward.

Best part about this win since it was only by 2 pts Miss State might stay in the top 30 NET we will have to root for Miss State to win their games rest of the way to stay in the top 30 and keep us at an extra quad 1 win

The entire ball clears the net. Clock stops. You may be correct.

Reed Sheppard's basket with two-tenths of a second left sends No. 16 Kentucky past Mississippi State. This was the Associated Press release, it’s a moot point now but there was not 5 tenths of a second left when the refs put that back on the scoreboard.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT