ADVERTISEMENT

Zvonimir Ivisic Sitting Out Tonight

And everyone is already giving Matt Jones crap for questioning it. The Cal ass kissing has resumed in gusto, and if you question it, boy, "YOU JUST HATE CAL!"

I've yet to get a straight answer to why he isn't playing, and that includes Cal's original statement. I don't even think people are necessarily pissed, we're just tired of this random crap.

And everyone is already giving Matt Jones crap for questioning it. The Cal ass kissing has resumed in gusto, and if you question it, boy, "YOU JUST HATE CAL!"

I've yet to get a straight answer to why he isn't playing, and that includes Cal's original statement. I don't even think people are necessarily pissed, we're just tired of this random crap.
He has only had 3 practices.
I get wanting to see him but he’s not ready.

He has only had 3 practices.
I get wanting to see him but he’s not ready.
But it’s an intra-squad scrimmage. Practice, essentially. And, literally, none of the players will be going anywhere close to 100%. Likely won’t be much organization, either, as far as offensive & defensive sets. Just free jumpers & a layup line. No reason he couldn’t participate, at least a little.

Damn, Trilly Donavon is stating he’s been told it’s more than a precautionary thing. Could it be an eligibility problem?

Reactions: NociHTTP
After the Wheeler situation last year I don’t know how ANY reasonable UK fan can trust a single thing Cal says about player availability. It’s all lies and misdirection and I personally think it’s wrong and rude to the fanbase. But it’s how he chooses to handle his business but you can’t continue to be surprised. You just can’t

Last edited:
Well that leaves 2 options:
A. Eligibility
B. Injury
Nether is good.
A: Doesn't matter. It's an intrasquad practice. Unless there's been a rule change, ineligible players can still practice with the team. Enes did back in the day.
B: That's the only possibility that makes sense. And if that's the case, it should be stated PLAINLY. Even if minor.

"Hey, everyone. Cal here. I know I said Z would play tonight, but he's got a sore knee and doesn't need to be out there. Just a precaution to have him ready to go for next week. See everyone tonight at NKU! "

Literally all that has to be said.

But no, we get some kind of mealy-mouthed "ramp up period" answer.

Looks like a minor injury...

fullbodycast_zpse0b61983-1-500x332.jpg

🤣

Must be a playbook issue again. 🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, it must be an injury because eligibility issues wouldn’t matter until there’s a real game.
Practiced 3 times and he is injured? Well no 7 footers till who knows when, if ever

Either Z is much better than expected and Cal just doesn't want to embarrass the other players or tempt the possibility of an injury with Bradshaw and Onyenso going to be out 5-6 months (jk)

OR

Cal doesn't want Big Z to take Bradshaw's heart by dominating the Blue/ White game, so Bradshaw starts waving the USC-Rich Paul cardinal/ gold flag (AGAIN)

OR

Big Z is completely lost, with no skill, got dunked on by Walker Horn and is completely out of shape on the court and Cal doesn't want him to be embarrassed against the one player 6-9 on the active roster

OR

Cal was just playing with the Rupp Madness crowd with the Big Z is playing in the Blue/ White game, to boost ticket sales with his "bait & switch" sales pitch???

Cause I will assume that Cal knew last week that UK was only going to have a few practices since last Friday?!?!?!?!

Go Big Blue.........................

But it’s an intra-squad scrimmage. Practice, essentially. And, literally, none of the players will be going anywhere close to 100%. Likely won’t be much organization, either, as far as offensive & defensive sets. Just free jumpers & a layup line. No reason he couldn’t participate, at least a little.
If coach is working on certain things and the kid doesn’t know how to run that then he’ll throw the practice off. I’d like to see him too but it isn’t insane that he’s not participating.

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

Just further proof that Cal is ALWAYS full of CRAP!!!!

NEVER make a proclamation about a player only to back track on it later!!! Considering what this fan base has been through with Cal the past 3 seasons, this is just ONE MORE thing in a LONG line of BULL for all of us to endure.

RIDICULOUS!!!

I'd rather him throw off a practice rather than a game.....and this would be a good environment to work on it.
Or you could not throw off the practice just to appease the fans? He’s not likely to be a featured player early on anyway, nothing wrong with maximizing your productive time with the players you plan on starting the season with. I was just making the point that there are plenty of reasonable reasons why Cal doesn’t want to play him aside from the conspiracy theories some are espousing itt.

Or you could not throw off the practice just to appease the fans? He’s not likely to be a featured player early on anyway, nothing wrong with maximizing your productive time with the players you plan on starting the season with. I was just making the point that there are plenty of reasonable reasons why Cal doesn’t want to play him aside from the conspiracy theories some are espousing itt.
We are already shorthanded with 2 Bigs out. Add to this Cal making it a point to say at BBM that he is going to play and fans have EVERY reason to be upset.

It seems lately that Cal provides ALL of the speculation needed for fans to make "conspiracy theories".

Yea its just crazy, I doubt its anything more than what Calipari is saying. But we've been through this with Cal for years, so I get why we are all suspicious.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
We are already shorthanded with 2 Bigs out. Add to this Cal making it a point to say at BBM that he is going to play and fans have reason to be upset.

It seems lately that Cal provides ALL of the speculation needed for fans to make "conspiracy theories".
It just boils down to him having no accountability. This fanbase deserves to be respected and treated better than the mess getting offered right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT