ADVERTISEMENT

Zona Board of Regents “aggressively pursuing the facts”

"At this time, we have no reason to believe Coach Miller violated NCAA rules or any laws," Robbins said at the time. "I believe that if the FBI had evidence Coach Miller had done anything wrong, you would have seen him indicted."

Nothing to see here right ? ;)

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
No fear of the NCAA. None. I think it’s time Cal took the kid gloves off. No reason for him to be scared of them anymore either. Just don’t be dumb about it like Louisville.

I thought head coaches suppose to be responsible for dirty assistants? Basically they can't use the excuse that they didn't know their assistants was paying players, the head coach goes down with the ship.
That’s supposed to be the idea.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
"At this time, we have no reason to believe Coach Miller violated NCAA rules or any laws," Robbins said at the time. "I believe that if the FBI had evidence Coach Miller had done anything wrong, you would have seen him indicted."

Nothing to see here right ? ;)

The FBI investigated Miller, raided his house and listened to hundreds of phone calls etc over two years. He he didn’t break laws or committ NCAA violations. He was not implicated in their original report. Is a “board of regents” going to do a deeper dive than the FBI?

The FBI investigated Miller, raided his house and listened to hundreds of phone calls etc over two years. He he didn’t break laws or committ NCAA violations. He was not implicated in their original report. Is a “board of regents” going to do a deeper dive than the FBI?

Beak any laws? Maybe.

Commit infractions? Absolutely

I thought original reports had miller on tape helping organize payments. I guess ESPN misreported?(I wouldn’t be surprised but that seems like an awfully big detail to get wrong)

No fear of the NCAA. None. I think it’s time Cal took the kid gloves off. No reason for him to be scared of them anymore either. Just don’t be dumb about it like Louisville.

I gotta call bullshit on this. You suggest Cal doesn’t cheat because he is afraid. That’s crap. He doesn’t cheat because he has integrity. Only scumbag programs like U6, the Jayturds and The Filth cheat because the think they can get away with it.

I gotta call bullshit on this. You suggest Cal doesn’t cheat because he is afraid. That’s crap. He doesn’t cheat because he has integrity. Only scumbag programs like U6, the Jayturds and The Filth cheat because the think they can get away with it.
Let’s not forget Zona, Washington, and Miami as well

I hear when the Ariz Board of Regents concludes the Miller investigation they're going to take a serious look into helping OJ find the REAL killer in Nicole's murder.

This should all be closed by Christmas!!!!!

No crimes or NCAA violations according to the FBI.
Wait, you're claiming that the FBI used man hours to cross-reference the phone calls against the massive NCAA rule book (which they have nothing to do with) just for funsies?

Or are you saying that your personal interpretation of what they uncovered was that Miller did nothing wrong?

Either way, it's silly, but for different reasons.

The FBI does not investigate or make any determination regarding NCAA violations. They weren't able to find anything criminal, but they absolutely found NCAA violations. They couldn't care less about those though. Only the NCAA can determine violations.

What NCAA violations did the FBI find?

I’m hearing things getting srs in Arizona.
I’ve brought only four things to this board(s) over the past 15 years and all have been true.
I’m a squirrel/nut every four years or so.

Tfwiw. (And I share anything and everything I hear... it’s just that my couple of very good “people” are rarely willing to share what they know with ANYONE.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL

They HAVE been getting away with it.

Sounds like Arizona is trying to get in front of all of this. I don't think they would hold a 90-minute meeting for nothing.

From the link:

New information about Arizona surfaced during and immediately after the trial, including:

• Former Arizona Associate Head Coach Joe Pasternack was accused during the trial of offering $50,000 to try to recruit Brian Bowen to play for the Wildcats.
  • A former Adidas consultant, Thomas Gassnola, told a jury that while working as a consultant to the shoe company he paid $15,000 cash in 2015 to the family of top recruit Deandre Ayton to try and lure him to an Adidas school, only to see him sign with Nike-sponsored Arizona.Ayton attended Arizona for his freshman season before being drafted No. 1 overall by the Phoenix Suns.
  • After the trial concluded, ESPN reported on Sunday that aspiring sport agent Christian Dawkins wrote in court documents of a plan to pay Arizona standout Rawle Alkins and his family $50,000 while he played for the university last season. Alkins played for Arizona for two seasons and has not commented publicly on the allegation. Dawkins was one of three men found guilty of fraud last week in a federal trial.
  • The ESPN report also linked Dawkins to Arizona coach Sean Miller via phone records. Phones registered to Dawkins and Miller were connected multiple times between May 3 and July 2, 2017, ESPN reported, citing evidentiary files obtained from the federal trial. Thirteen calls lasted five or more minutes.

:popcorn:

What NCAA violations did the FBI find?

False. 100% false.

1) they weren't looking for NCAA infractions. They look for violations of law

2) the wiretaps clearly show Miller was involved in the funneling of players. Definitely Bowen, who they were bidding on. And ayton who reportedly got a million to play for az.

Reactions: jace2012
Sounds like Arizona is trying to get in front of all of this. I don't think they would hold a 90-minute meeting for nothing.

From the link:

New information about Arizona surfaced during and immediately after the trial, including:

• Former Arizona Associate Head Coach Joe Pasternack was accused during the trial of offering $50,000 to try to recruit Brian Bowen to play for the Wildcats.
  • A former Adidas consultant, Thomas Gassnola, told a jury that while working as a consultant to the shoe company he paid $15,000 cash in 2015 to the family of top recruit Deandre Ayton to try and lure him to an Adidas school, only to see him sign with Nike-sponsored Arizona.Ayton attended Arizona for his freshman season before being drafted No. 1 overall by the Phoenix Suns.
  • After the trial concluded, ESPN reported on Sunday that aspiring sport agent Christian Dawkins wrote in court documents of a plan to pay Arizona standout Rawle Alkins and his family $50,000 while he played for the university last season. Alkins played for Arizona for two seasons and has not commented publicly on the allegation. Dawkins was one of three men found guilty of fraud last week in a federal trial.
  • The ESPN report also linked Dawkins to Arizona coach Sean Miller via phone records. Phones registered to Dawkins and Miller were connected multiple times between May 3 and July 2, 2017, ESPN reported, citing evidentiary files obtained from the federal trial. Thirteen calls lasted five or more minutes.

:popcorn:

That is hearsay by guys who were just found to be NOT BELIEVABLE in federal court. Talking to runners/handlers is not a NCAA violation. Also none of that information was new. It was in the original report.

That is hearsay by guys who were just found to be NOT BELIEVABLE in federal court. Talking to runners/handlers is not a NCAA violation. Also none of that information was new. It was in the original report.
^not sure if serious?

Question: Who in their right mind hides behind the fact that the FBI was looking for laws broken, not NCAA rules?

Answer: someone desperate to pull the rug over the dirt.

Arizona CHEATED. You know it, we know it, and the NCAA has zero balls to do anything about it.

Miller said "the one time someone suggested to me paying a player to come to the University of Arizona I did not agree to it. It never happened and that player did not come to the University of Arizona."

Wouldn't Miller be required to report this to the NCAA?

It's my understanding that that the FBI will turn over nearly all of its findings (quite a lot of which was never used in court) to the NCAA, who, using its new policy of allowing 3rd party findings in its investigations, can then use that to see if NCAA infractions occurred at many schools. So it's not over by any stretch.

^not sure if serious?

Question: Who in their right mind hides behind the fact that the FBI was looking for laws broken, not NCAA rules?

Answer: someone desperate to pull the rug over the dirt.

Arizona CHEATED. You know it, we know it, and the NCAA has zero balls to do anything about it.

Miller could’ve very well cheated. It come out he bought a recruit a hummer with 40” inch rims but as of now there’s yet to be proof he committed an NCAA violation.

Miller could’ve very well cheated. It come out he bought a recruit a hummer with 40” inch rims but as of now there’s yet to be proof he committed an NCAA violation.
Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

I don’t believe the FBI was looking for NCAA violations. Just sayin

Good coaches are hard to find. While sweathog has yet to get to a single Final Four, he has Arizona as a relevant program.

No one fears the NCAA...I think we all agree on this. There is no reason for Arizona, Kansas or any other high profile program to change their coaches for any reason. All it takes is one bad coach hire to set a program back for many year. See Indiana.

Nothing will happen to the sweathog in my opinion.

Good coaches are hard to find. While sweathog has yet to get to a single Final Four, he has Arizona as a relevant program.

No one fears the NCAA...I think we all agree on this. There is no reason for Arizona, Kansas or any other high profile program to change their coaches for any reason. All it takes is one bad coach hire to set a program back for many year. See Indiana.

Nothing will happen to the sweathog in my opinion.
The NCAA will come down hard on Cleveland State.

Reactions: Cindog28
See 3 posts above, and others...

I am going to type slowly & loud, so you can understand.

FBI DOES NOT LOOK FOR NCAA VIOLATIONS

I was replying to @Conn501 who said the FBI found NCAA violations. There’s a difference between the FBI looking for NCAA violations and NCAA violations that were broken as a result of the investigation.

The FBI doesn’t indict people over NCAA violations and they aren’t concerned at all about NCAA violations. So saying the FBI investigates Miller and found nothing just means they didn’t directly tie him to the charges brought against the defendants. Miller could have knowledge of a payment but that’s not a indictable crime, it is however an NCAA violation.

Can you please post the FBI findings as it relates to NCAA infractions. I have not seen that part of the FBI investigation and cant seem to find it. You obviously have that info. Please share.

If course Arizona is going to play the liars game so eloquently illustrated by UNC, everybody is a victim these days. Funny how all of these schools in trouble have been taken advantage of, you’re all cheating liars.

Can you please post the FBI findings as it relates to NCAA infractions. I have not seen that part of the FBI investigation and cant seem to find it. You obviously have that info. Please share.

They have assistant coaches on tape discussing the payments of recruits and their familes. That is an NCAA violation but they weren’t arrested for it. They were arrested for accepting bribes. That is why I’m differentiating the FBI looking for violations as opposed to violations being uncovered as a result of the investigation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT