ADVERTISEMENT

Zags game is huge for a # of reasons.

This is equivalent to a 1st/2nd Round NCAA Tourney game we will inevitably see. A decent non-conference opponent that can get hot and win games.

Few is also a legend.

Not gonna be easy, but if we can't beat them at Rupp, what hope do we really have?

Lol this is another one of those balanced vs imbalanced teams

They are 28th/35th we are 5th/101st. Overall on Kenpom efficiency margins essentially the same and this would probably be a toss up on a neutral court.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.
We will kick their asses. And KenPompom numbers are phony as hell.

I know how to take KP numbers to Vegas and come home with a small fortune, go with a large fortune. 😜

I figured as much. If you had been you'd know it's much louder than you think. I'm only assuming 95% of posters who complain about how Rupp isn't loud or gets up for games never actually go to games there.

You can't judge crowd noise off TV. Rupp is much larger not only in capacity but overall size than most college venues. When you have a smaller school with a venue half the size overall of course it seems louder on TV. You can't compare a 10-15,000 capacity venue to Rupps overall size Judging off only crowd noise on TV. For people who actually go to games they know it can be LOUD. I'm a season ticket holder and I can guarantee it's equally as loud as other venues and I've been to games at a ton of them.

I figured as much. If you had been you'd know it's much louder than you think. I'm only assuming 95% of posters who complain about how Rupp isn't loud or gets up for games never actually go to games there.

You can't judge crowd noise off TV. Rupp is much larger not only in capacity but overall size than most college venues. When you have a smaller school with a venue half the size overall of course it seems louder on TV. You can't compare a 10-15,000 capacity venue to Rupps overall size Judging off only crowd noise on TV. For people who actually go to games they know it can be LOUD. I'm a season ticket holder and I can guarantee it's equally as loud as other venues and I've been to games at a ton of them.
I can't disagree with you; it just seems like UK doesn't have the home court advantage some schools have. Kansas comes to mind.

Reactions: Fox2monk and $Z71$
It is a huge game, if you want an indicator of how we match up to a school that has had some success....Gonzaga I don't know who is good on their team, that there lies the problem. Our scouting report of Gonzaga probably lacks a lot of info. I expect several guys to get close to 20 points or more.....expect a high scoring game.

We will kick their asses. And KenPompom numbers are phony as hell.

I know how to take KP numbers to Vegas and come home with a small fortune, go with a large fortune. 😜
Sure ya do, you just sitting on a random board because you win so much from Vegas right?

I don’t think it’s as good of an advantage because of the way it’s built. We don’t have students on top of the court, a lot of the lower level sits all game too. I’ve been to plenty of games there and it’s not very intimidating outside huge games like UNC. I even went when we were dominating in 2009-2015 and it was much louder then because excitement was at an all time high.

Reactions: ukfan1622
I’m thankful just to be playing you guys.
WCC play sucks. Not entertaining.
I hope game ends in the 90’s. Just want it close and entertaining.
good luck

Are your seats uppers or lower? On TV the eruption zone seems to be into it. Never held season , but have probably sat in lowers 8-10 times. On "several" occasions I have been asked to sit down. Had $$$ seats for one game and a lady wanted to see my tickets because they belonged to Mrs. So and so. Told her if she had a problem to go get an usher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT