ADVERTISEMENT

Your voting experience ? Lines ? Hassles ?

ManitouDan

All-American
Dec 7, 2006
FWIW my tiny polling station out in the middle of near nowhere had a line of 10 people and no where to park in the volunteer FD lot am at 800am , I've never -- never waited to vote their , ever . AND the machine reading the ballots was not working properly , she stated to me , about 1 in 5 people have to throw their ballot away and fill out a new ballot ...the excuse was " we think the paper used for the machine is too long , meaning the ballot was too long ???????? Mine did work fine , but waiting in line was odd for sure . I dont live in any incorporated area .

Was surprised at the paper ballot. Got it filled out anyway. First time the scanner didn’t accept it and the old fella manning the machine took my ballot looked it up and down[eyeroll] and tried putting it through again. So who knows if it’ll be counted or not?

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Nashville, TN. Voted early last week. Huge line, had to wait for about 30 minutes at around 4:00pm.

Was surprised at the paper ballot. Got it filled out anyway. First time the scanner didn’t accept it and the old fella manning the machine took my ballot looked it up and down[eyeroll] and tried putting it through again. So who knows if it’ll be counted or not?
Same here.

Dunbar. Took 5-10 minutes to check-in. 5 minutes to fill out the scantron and 10-15 minutes waiting in line for the 1 scanner.
The parking lot was more full then I have seen it. They have 3 precincts in this location.

Voted early, here in Bardstown, on Thursday. I had to wait about 12 minutes to vote. The scanner rejected my ballot the first time, but worked the second time.

Voted last Friday about 8 am in Nicholasville when the courthouse was opening. There were probably about 25ish people in line and it went fast. Was in and out in less than 15 minutes (and 5 of that was waiting for my wife to finish -- insert your own joke here).

A little difficulty but the nice democrat lady masquerading as a poll worker was able to slip me some extra ballots so I could vote a few times. Hope it works.
Good to hear a meme on facebook didn't change your mind or a tweet from @poopfart69. Heard they're dangerous.

😂Keep dreaming. It’s easy to find spots where kids are voting, but history has shown over and over you don’t want to depend on them to get you elected. No worries in Michigan though, there are plenty of ballot dumps to fix any potential democrat issue.
Heads I win, tails you lose. Loon....I mean OVC POTY

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
It really was the post of the year. It had everything. Elite athlete, Hollywood wife (😂), perfect kids etc. Of course nobody really buys it, but it was good for a laugh

The process was smooth and one reason was the voters were informed. Most were familiar with the amendments before getting to the polls and were able to vote immediately without wasting everyone's time reading them ,

The results in our state will be reported shortly after the polls close and not drag out for days or even weeks. Keeping the FEDS out of our voting places helps.

Chuck Callesto
BREAKING REPORT: Florida Department of State HITS BACK at The Department of Justice – “FEDERAL ELECTION 'monitors' ARE NOT PERMITTED INSIDE POLLING PLACES as it would be counterproductive and could potentially undermine confidence in the election.”

• Haha
Reactions: RogCat1119
Not bad...got there at 8 and line out the door but moved pretty smoothly. Back in the car in 30 minutes. Everyone was nice and in a good mood. Lots of people were thanking the volunteers which is always nice to hear.

It really was the post of the year. It had everything. Elite athlete, Hollywood wife (😂), perfect kids etc. Of course nobody really buys it, but it was good for a laugh

Never said perfect kids. Lord knows they are a handful!

Just went back to my home town 30 min away.. Kind of a small farm town, but it was probably a little busier at 3:00pm today than it was in years past at 7:00pm. No issues or anything weird.

Early voting, no line, in and out quickly. I can't figure out why people wait for the actual day of the election to vote when early voting is so much easier. We drove by a polling station this morning, huge line out the door.

I live in downtown Lexington, went in at 10 and there was no line. They asked if I was republican or democrat so they would know how many ballots to give me and then sent me to the booth.
Who got more? I will want to know next year.

Last week when I voted I had about a 20 minute wait. Today easy peasy. In and out in 5 minutes

Walked in and voted here in Pocatello, ID with no wait. Plenty of poll workers. Had a decent snow last night. Beautiful.

Biggest turn out I have ever seen in Shelby County, took about 10 min's total.

Probably 25-30 people in the room voting but there were plenty of stations so only about 10-15 in line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT