ADVERTISEMENT

Your last flight

Flew Southwest from Louisville to Chicago weekend before Christmas. No issues at all until we returned to Louisville. 11pm return and sat on tarmac for 30 minutes since SDF only had one grounds crew working and another plane had landed a few minutes prior to us landing. SDF sucks.

I got food poisoning on a Bangkok to Tokyo flight. I was so dehydrated and weak when we landed that they had to wheel me into the airport infirmary for IV fluids. It was awful. I was still in rough shape for the final legs of the trip, but made it home in one piece. That was over 4 years ago and I haven’t flown since.

• Wow
Reactions: entropy13
DL flight into PHX last spring. As we're making the initial descent, it gets very bumpy. They continue down. As we're approaching the runway, the tail seemed to spin left. All the sudden they abandoned the landing and took off. We flew in circles for about 30 minutes. Apparently, Phoenix was having a very rough thunderstorm on the ground. I typically take Dramamine before flights. I was thisclose to throwing up. Apparently there were a LOT of people who did throw up. The pilot actually made the announcement to be sure to bring the bag of vomit with you to throw away and not to leave it in the seat back pocket. That was not good.

Reactions: blubo
Dec 2022 on United

Nashville to Denver.
The flight back was smooth but the landing in Nashville was with cross winds and we came in damn near sideways.

Sept 2021 on Delta
Lexington to Atlanta to Punta Cana, DR.

I got food poisoning on a Bangkok to Tokyo flight. I was so dehydrated and weak when we landed that they had to wheel me into the airport infirmary for IV fluids. It was awful. I was still in rough shape for the final legs of the trip, but made it home in one piece. That was over 4 years ago and I haven’t flown since.
Had a buddy get hit with salmonella the moment wheels went up on a flight from Singapore to SFO. 16 hours!

Dude said they had to bring in people with hazmat suits to clean the bathroom.

Delta a few weeks ago. Louisville to Orlando for a conference. It was thru ATL and as expected. Have flown quite a bit over the years for work and leisure.

Delta is the best, IMO. American is solid. United sucks donkey peen.

Had a buddy get hit with salmonella the moment wheels went up on a flight from Singapore to SFO. 16 hours!

Dude said they had to bring in people with hazmat suits to clean the bathroom.

I can't remember the flight except that it was a long one. Right before we boarded I got a pizza slice from the airport's food court. About an hour out I started to feel it, but it took until we were around 20 minutes from landing to know that like the love that lasts forever, that stuff was coming up. I went to the toilet and it was stripped of paper and the toilet was full of ...

I knew the little pouch sized barf bag was insufficient so I went back to the galley and asked if they had anything ... You have never seen people react quicker. I had a green plastic bag the size of a leaf bag in my hands and the staff stepped back to let a man do The Popcorn. I tried to be as quiet as possible, but that sound is really characteristic. You know what's happening from 30 ft away. And they weren't that. Apologies, Apologies. And a vow to never eat food court pizza again.

• Wow
Reactions: WayneDougan
T'was awesome.

st._augustines_0.jpg

[winking]

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Lex to Charlotte today on American. 1215pm flight.

I am sitting in one of the exit rows right by the wing. Entire flight I am hearing a banging noise right below me. Just sounds like something is loose and banging around.

We are ten feet off the ground and about to land in Charlotte when the pilot punches it and we buzz the runway and head back into the sky. Pilot says we had a wind sheer warning.
Do the long loop around to get back in the pattern and I am still hearing this noise. Finally get on final approach again and the noise stops. We land and that's the end of it.

I can get caught up in conspiracy theories from time to time, but it seemed to me there was something up with the landing gear and wind sheer is the standard pilot excuse if something odd happens.

SMH

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT