* Louisville
* Indiana
* North Carolina
* Duke
* Kansas
* UConn
* Tennessee
* UCLA
Louisville: so many to choose from, but the 2012 Final Four game has to be no. 1. Runner-up: 2014 Sweet 16.

Indiana: 1975 Elite Eight. Bob Knight probably thought of this game every day until he died. Runner-up: 2012 Sweet 16.

UNC: 2011 Elite Eight. Runner-up: 2000 game at UNC.

Duke: Should say 1978 title game, but 1998 Elite Eight game just felt so amazing. Runner-up: 78.

Kansas: 2012 final. Runner-up: 1999 second round.

UConn: December 2009. Runner-up: none.

Tennessee: 101-40, 1993. Runner-up: Last year.

UCLA: 1998 Sweet 16. Runner-up: 2017 Sweet 16.

* Louisville- Easily the win in 2012. Cal vs Rick in the FF. Had the whole state on edge. Both teams were really good (despite Rick cheating his ass off).

* Indiana- gonna have to go again with the win in 2012. Beating them pretty handily in the E8 was awesome. Especially after losing in Bloomington. There are lots of other good IU games but this one had the most MEANING in my lifetime.

* North Carolina- This one is tough because that win in 2016 was FIRE. But the one in 2011 to send us back to our first FF in 13 years was pretty special. That was also the first time we beat them in the NCAA tournament.....wild huh?

* Duke- well, this is a no brainer. It's that 1998 win to send us to the FF and avenge the injustice done to us. I'd say the one that won us a title in '78, but I wasn't around for that one. So, I have to go with 1998.

* Kansas- 2012 Title. 'Nough said. Although I did enjoy watching Keion Brooks of all players light their ass up AT the Phog.

* UConn- well, this one is easy since we're 1-4 against them all time. It's the win in 2009. They've truly owned us and its embarrassing.

* Tennessee- This one is tough as well. I love that win in 2022 where we beat them like a drum. But very few wins top that 1993 game when we drubbed them by SIXTY-ONE at Rupp. I'm going with 1993.

* UCLA- the one in 2017. Where we were up 40 on them by half. Why do I like that one? Because all damn week we heard how Ball was gonna eat De'Aaron's lunch. Fox basically beat UCLA almost by himself. And here we are in 2024 and Fox is KILLING in the league. Meanwhile, Lonzo is a bust. Hell, his own brother is better than he is.

Louisville - I think it was the sweet 16 in Indianapolis. We were down HUGE, and came back at the end to close Russ Smiths UL career. I also believe we were underdogs, but i didnt think we'd win that one.

Duke - 1998, obvious. We were down 16 i think.

Tennessee - Cal's first year at Rupp. One of the coolest plays ive seen. One of UK's guards missed a jumper, and a UT big had the rebound, and Cousins literally took it out of the guys hands IN MID AIR, and dunked it. Place went nuts, i was there. Fun game to attend.

Kansas - When we played a near perfect game at KU and beat them bad about 3 years ago.

UNC - Liggins and Brandon Knight bombing 3's in the elite 8 to beat them in a close one.

Kansas in 1990 is underrated. They beat us on probation the year before by like 55 and showed no class or let up.

Following it with a nearly 20 point win made us realize Pitino was getting us back way quicker than the national pundits dreamed possible.

* Louisville - ‘14 NCAA tourney
* Indiana - ‘12 NCAA tourney
* North Carolina - ‘11 NCAA tourney
* Duke - ‘98 NCAA tourney
* Kansas - ‘90 “payback” game at Rupp
* UConn - ‘11 Maui
* Tennessee - ‘18?? Hammering them as #1
* UCLA - ‘17, Fox dominates Ball

Along with Gonzaga. Pope is 1-10 against them. We need to win in Seattle in December.

Not really an issue though. Pope got into coaching late and Gonzaga was rolling during those years. Not a whole lot he could do there once Few decided he was never leaving.

I think now that Pope has Kentucky it’ll change. But wow did Calipari really lower our prestige. Can’t believe how many people made excuses for the constant losing here. We just need to beat everyone in front of us It’s not just about titles. We have so many records and head heads we need to straighten out. The guy was a losing machine hell just lose to Gonzaga this year that’s 3 in a row. It’s inexcusable we had so many fans gripped by his charisma and didn’t see the mounting losses as a problem. He even convinced them not to care about things like the SEC titles because he couldn’t win them. Cal should have been tossed 5 years ago. I hope we never again go down this road I pray. It’s not about the coach, or the players, or anything other than protecting this program and its records. Some need to learn from the Calipari mistake.

Your post kind of triggered to me our historical losses of late lol and how many would still be accepting it today had he stayed. It’s just inexcusable. Pope better get to winning fast we don’t have the time. We wasted so much good capital screwing around with Calipari we’ve got programs now nipping at our toes.

Not really an issue though. Pope got into coaching late and Gonzaga was rolling during those years. Not a whole lot he could do there once Few decided he was never leaving.

I think now that Pope has Kentucky it’ll change. But wow did Calipari really lower our prestige. Can’t believe how many people made excuses for the constant losing here. We just need to beat everyone in front of us It’s not just about titles. We have so many records and head heads we need to straighten out. The guy was a losing machine hell just lose to Gonzaga this year that’s 3 in a row. It’s inexcusable we had so many fans gripped by his charisma and didn’t see the mounting losses as a problem. He even convinced them not to care about things like the SEC titles because he couldn’t win them. Cal should have been tossed 5 years ago. I hope we never again go down this road I pray. It’s not about the coach, or the players, or anything other than protecting this program and its records. Some need to learn from the Calipari mistake.

Your post kind of triggered to me our historical losses of late lol and how many would still be accepting it today had he stayed. It’s just inexcusable. Pope better get to winning fast we don’t have the time. We wasted so much good capital screwing around with Calipari we’ve got programs now nipping at our toes.
Not saying it was an issue, but only making a simple statement that I hope we can beat Gonzaga this year and there’s no doubt feels the same way and he’s tired of losing to them.

Reactions: Killswitch24
I liked the Notre Dame game where Al McGuire said "A star is born" about Dwight Anderson. Before the game Digger said on tv courtside comments that it should be a good game, one Notre Dame should win.

This was a satisfying Kansas game below after that...

I also liked where Rex Chapman went off on UT-Knoxville the last two minutes of a game against them.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
* Louisville - ‘14 NCAA tourney
* Indiana - ‘12 NCAA tourney
* North Carolina - ‘11 NCAA tourney
* Duke - ‘98 NCAA tourney
* Kansas - ‘90 “payback” game at Rupp
* UConn - ‘11 Maui
* Tennessee - ‘18?? Hammering them as #1
* UCLA - ‘17, Fox dominates Ball
That’s a great list!!!

Many People don’t value the 2014 UL Sweet 16 win the way they should. Losing WCS in the opening mins and falling behind early could have spelled doom. Thankfully we crept back in, and the game pressure caused the Cards to buckle and we pulled it out.

UL was going to repeat fellas. We were the only matchup in their way, because of our frontcourt and big guards, that could stop them. I was supremely confident we were going to win that game. We were a matchup issue for them.

Also, living in Louisville gave different perspective. The loss CRUSHED UL fans and talk radio was gold. They thought they were going to pass up the Cats by going back to back… but then the Cats took it from them.

Knowing what it kept them from and how much it impacted them (many of their fans would say it was the hardest loss ever to take in the series) made it have a special place.

Maybe not the best but definitely undervalued by many.

Many People don’t value the 2014 UL Sweet 16 win the way they should. Losing WCS in the opening mins and falling behind early could have spelled doom. Thankfully we crept back in, and the game pressure caused the Cards to buckle and we pulled it out.

UL was going to repeat fellas. We were the only matchup in their way, because of our frontcourt and big guards, that could stop them. I was supremely confident we were going to win that game. We were a matchup issue for them.

Also, living in Louisville gave different perspective. The loss CRUSHED UL fans and talk radio was gold. They thought they were going to pass up the Cats by going back to back… but then the Cats took it from them.

Knowing what it kept them from and how much it impacted them (many of their fans would say it was the hardest loss ever to take in the series) made it have a special place.

Maybe not the best but definitely undervalued by many.
Agree with all of that, but we could NOT lose the 2012 game. The 2014 game was like the 98 title....totally awesome but not as important as 96.

Louisville: 2012 NCAAT followed closely by the 1986 blowout win in Cheatem Hall.
Indiana: 1975 NCAAT
North Carolina: 2011 NCAAT E8
Duke: 1998 NCAAT E8
Kansas: 2012 NCAAT championship game
UConn: 2009
Tennessee: Meeks going off for 54
UCLA: 2017 up 40 at the half

Louisville: 2012 NCAAT followed closely by the 1986 blowout win in Cheatem Hall.
Indiana: 1975 NCAAT
North Carolina: 2011 NCAAT E8
Duke: 1998 NCAAT E8
Kansas: 2012 NCAAT championship game
UConn: 2009
Tennessee: Meeks going off for 54
UCLA: 2017 up 40 at the half
How could I forget the Meeks game? Damn.

Kansas in 1990 is underrated. They beat us on probation the year before by like 55 and showed no class or let up.

Following it with a nearly 20 point win made us realize Pitino was getting us back way quicker than the national pundits dreamed possible.
I have to agree with you Kyboy. That defeat of Roy Williams's Kansas team in 1990 was my second sweetest victory of all time, Late in that 89 game Kansas was up about 40 points and Pitino had used all of his time outs and "dad gum" Roy with a big smirk on his face condescendingly ask Pitino if he would like him to call a time out for him. Pitino responded "no take f--king Randall out!" Ole Roy still had.Kansas's 6'9" all american forward in the game which was an obvious effort to run up the score. Next year ole Roy brought Randall and his highly ranked Kansas team to Rupp where the Mash, Pelfrey and Farmer team kicked "ole coca coolar" Roy's conceited ass! Cawood was so excited he could hardly call the game!
But my sweetest victory of all time was the 75 defeat of Knight's undefeated Indiana team. What made that win so special was the Dec, 74 IU 25 point defeat of Uk in Bloomington where Knight slappped Hall on the back of his head so hard that it knocked his glasses off. Lynn Nance, the asst Ky coach, 6'4", ex Marine, ex FBI agent and a martiaL arts expert had to be physically restrained by Hall from taking Knight apart. I've despised Knight and IU ever since that game. I wouldn't root for Indiana if they played Wuhan Univ and I still believe it was a mistake to revive the IU/UK series. What most people have forgotten about that game was Knight's wife's reaction. While sitting in the stands at the end of the game she engaged in a shouting match with some Ky fans. The network tv cameras cut to the scene and telecast her crying a" little jag" and throwing what can only be described as a #1 tantrum" . I loved every second of it!

I agree with most of the entries here.
But as an elder participant here, I will say this, since my years are waning down (I'm old, but not too old!):

The last win against each of these piss-ant loser teams will always be my favorite.

I agree with most of the entries here.
But as an elder participant here, I will say this, since my years are waning down (I'm old, but not too old!):

The last win against each of these piss-ant loser teams will always be my favorite.
amen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT