ADVERTISEMENT

Your Emotions the Day After

Wish we had a head coach that wasn't a dumpster fire.

I wish many things were better too. But weve come along way. We are a DC away from being right where we want to be. If i get to endure bowl games while our young coach learns on the job, i can live with it.

Or we could go back to letting wku laugh at us.

I wish many things were better too. But weve come along way. We are a DC away from being right where we want to be. If i get to endure bowl games while our young coach learns on the job, i can live with it.

It's not the D cord, or how many O cords???? It's the same problem every year, Stoopid.

Reactions: crestcat
It's not the D cord, or how many O cords???? It's the same problem every year, Stoopid.

Our offense is fine. Its actually good. Special teams are great. D is just awful.

I wish Stoops would take back defensive playcalling. Thats the best our D looked in a long time at this school. Whstever he does, it has to be something different.

Agree with all that. We had some really good wins. The names just didnt have the sex appeal fans wanted.

USC was a great win for this program. Mizzou, UT, South Miss, were all good wins.

Mizzou has the best qb in the sec and a probable 1st round pick. South miss was on the road against a good team that spent all summer preparing for us. UT has some sort of voodoo over us, and their coaches back was against the wall.

We are moving in the right direction. Plenty of things to correct, but can be done. Stoops found the right OC to get us over those 2nd half of the season collapses. Now he needs to find a different DC, or retake playcalling for the defense (i prefer the latter).

Wish our fans werent so fickle as we can ill afford to drive off a coach that has us in the best chance to compete annually.
So it's fine to compete with the cupcakes and bottom feeding sec teams but have our ass handed to us by teams with a pulse?

We're an offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator and head coach away from not being mediocre.

Our offense is fine. Its actually good. Special teams are great. D is just awful.

I wish Stoops would take back defensive playcalling. Thats the best our D looked in a long time at this school. Whstever he does, it has to be something different.

Really? Offense is good?

Gotta give props to Bradyjames on this link. He posted it on HOB.

NCAA.com ranks UK 103 in Total Offense. So that's fine? Actually good?

Oh, and UK is ranked 92 in Total Defense.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

And by the way, that is against the 61st ranked SOS.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

YEAH! SCREW THE FANS! WHO NEEDS 'EM???

Yours,

The NFL

That doesnt make any sense. Noone said this program doesnt need fans. Fans just need to realize who we are and where we were 5 years ago.

From wku laughing at us to back to back 7 win seasons. There is alot of room for improvement. But lets not act as if there isnt tons of improvement already.

So it's fine to compete with the cupcakes and bottom feeding sec teams but have our ass handed to us by teams with a pulse?

Cupcakes? We beat an 8 win team and a handful of 7 win teams.

EKU was the only cupcake we had. Final record wise, UT is too. But uk fans can never consider ut a cupcake

....I'm also scratching my head on Stoops' tenure in general. 7-5 in back-to-back seasons, recruiting better than ever, etc...yet there's such a tremendous disconnect between Stoops and the fanbase. Something about his time here just isn't palatable. Hard to put my finger on it. I'm sure it's likely a number of things adding up, but I simply have not enjoyed the guy's tenure (and I was actually all aboard the Stoops train).

IMO social media and forums like this one all add up to shaping opinions, etc. After a bad game, and during it, we see hundreds or thousands of comments. If the majority are negative, then some who may ordinarily be positive, or lean that way, may be pulled that way. If it happens week after week it can be hard to overcome for some. Compare that to the old days before social media. You would discuss the game, good or bad, with a few friends and a couple guys at the coffee shop.

Pretty numb ... 7-5 whoop dee doo dog 5hit .. so is Marshall they were 2 points away from beating southern miss ... maybe we can play them in a bowl ... kinda hope not cause I’m afraid they would beat the mighty cats

We're an offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator and head coach away from not being mediocre.

Really? Offense is good?

Gotta give props to Bradyjames on this link. He posted it on HOB.

NCAA.com ranks UK 103 in Total Offense. So that's fine? Actually good?

Oh, and UK is ranked 92 in Total Defense.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

And by the way, that is against the 61st ranked SOS.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

If anyone thinks our oc is bad, then youre beyond logical discussion.

Our offensive stats are limited because we limit our snaps as a ball control offense.

So all we need is a D.C.? I thought our coach come in as a D.C.?
So next year, same problems...who is to blame then? Another assistant coach? Players with poor attitude?
Well who the hell recruited those players and hired those coaches?
More should not be expected from Stoops; it should be demanded.
Oh yeah 7 wins eventhough we are bottom quieter in defense and offense rank in the nation...screams luck or schedule.

So all we need is a D.C.? I thought our coach come in with as a D.C.?
So next year, same problems...who is to blame then? Another assistant coach? Players with poor attitude?
Well who the hell recruited those players and hired those coaches?
More should not be expected from Stoops;it should be demanded.
Oh yeah 7 wins eventhough we are bottom quieter in defense and offense rank in the nation...screams luck or schedule.

As i said before, he needs to take back playcalling. Our d looked pretty good when he did that last season. Changed everything.

Our offensive stats aren't LIMITED. They're IN THE TOILET. You're a propagandist.

No. I actually understand statistics in context and can use my head.

Our rb just won the sec rushing title btw, even though we have a qb who cant complete a pass

As i said before, he needs to take back playcalling. Our d looked pretty good when he did that last season. Changed everything.

No. I actually understand statistics in context and can use my head.
But your explanations suck.

Keep telling the fans it's their fault for not appreciating the genius of Mark Stoops.

It's a winning strategy.

Our team collapses as the season wears on. Our defense fell apart this year and our passing game disappeared. We were destroyed by Ms St., UGA and UL...not even competitive with them. We blew games against Ole Miss and Florida and almost fell to a terrible UT team at home.

Other than that it was a good year, we're going bowling

But your explanations suck.

Keep telling the fans it's their fault for not appreciating the genius of Mark Stoops.

It's a winning strategy.

He isnt a genuis. Has tons of things id love for him to improve. Im still undecided on him. Makes tons of dumb mistakes.

But he also pulled us out of the toilet. 5 years ago, uk fans prayed to be in contention for a bowl every year. Here we are, and a few plays away from 9 wins.

We are in better position than we hoped for. Yet fans want to run him out of town. It doesnt make sense.

Losing is one thing, but I'm ashamed of the way our team behaved yesterday, and I'm pretty concerned it's a death knell for Stoops.

Our team collapses as the season wears on. Our defense fell apart this year and our passing game disappeared. We were destroyed by Ms St., UGA and UL...not even competitive with them. We blew games against Ole Miss and Florida and almost fell to a terrible UT team at home.

We are trending down badly.
You've hit the nail on the head. It's bad enough to be horribly outplayed and out-coached, but the lack of discipline without repercussions is unacceptable. I think Stoops is a dead man walking now. It won't be this year, next year, or maybe even the year after that due to the contract, but I think there will be a steady decline in the program for the remainder of his tenure until his inevitable firing.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
That doesnt make any sense. Noone said this program doesnt need fans. Fans just need to realize who we are and where we were 5 years ago.

From wku laughing at us to back to back 7 win seasons. There is alot of room for improvement. But lets not act as if there isnt tons of improvement already.

Cupcakes? We beat an 8 win team and a handful of 7 win teams.

EKU was the only cupcake we had. Final record wise, UT is too. But uk fans can never consider ut a cupcake
EMU was a cupcake dont care what you say.

I'd like to see us get Butch Jones to coach the defense. Some coordinators don't make good head coaches. But that don't mean they don't know their specialty. It's obvious our defense is under-performing. I think if we can get a good duel-threat qb, our offense will be better next year.

EMU was a cupcake dont care what you say.

"I dont care what you say" = sticking your head in the sand when presented with facts.

They were a good team with a great qb. Nonworse than 3rd best we faced all season.

If we had their qb, wed won 9 games.

My emotions today hasn't changed from yesterday. I was not surprised at all with the outcome. We barely beat some bad teams and UL is not a bad team. I expect us to lose the bowl game because we are playing someone with a winning record.

What still upsets me is the lack of discipline on this team and that is on Stoops. We have improved in the five years he's been here, but until we get someone the players are actually afraid of to make stupid, thug decisions on the field, we won't have much room to get any better.

You've hit the nail on the head. It's bad enough to be horribly outplayed and out-coached, but the lack of discipline without repercussions is unacceptable. I think Stoops is a dead man walking now. It won't be this year, next year, or maybe even the year after that due to the contract, but I think there will be a steady decline in the program for the remainder of his tenure until his inevitable firing.
I had heard this last year as well.. And he took over the defense and displayed fire and passion like i never saw come out of him before. The defense soon followed which effected how they played. This defense was actually better then last year's defense,but for some reason didn't play with the same intensity. Best thing imo to happen as long as stoops is here is he be the DC!

Soooo you just admitted, you are just a miserable person seeking other's misery.
Thank goodness you've come out.
Ignore button is great

just in case i'm not ignored yet...i'm not miserable, just curious to see the fascination with a coach who is good, not great. Also, to see the fake outrage over Jones and Ware. i say fake because, if the score had been flipped and Jones and Ware had done their deeds, most of those complaining would be talking about how they bullied and punked Louisville.

He isnt a genuis. Has tons of things id love for him to improve. Im still undecided on him. Makes tons of dumb mistakes.

But he also pulled us out of the toilet. 5 years ago, uk fans prayed to be in contention for a bowl every year. Here we are, and a few plays away from 9 wins.

We are in better position than we hoped for. Yet fans want to run him out of town. It doesnt make sense.

The answer to your question is your first two sentences. We have better quality athletes but they are poorly coached. He has had tons to improve upon since he became head coach yet he hasn't shown any capability to make those improvements. Made a lot of dumb mistakes in year 1 and those same dumb mistakes are made in year 5.

He simply isn't head coach material and no matter how much we all wish he were he simply isn't. Give him all the time in the world but it isn't going to change that fact.

Feel like I usually do about KY Football. Wonder why I continue to abuse myself supporting this program. In my real life I am a pretty positive easy going person. Do the right things, work hard, etc. but KY Football makes me miserable but for some unexplainable reason I always come back for more and drive myself insane explaining it. It is a serious mental disorder I do not think I can ever get rid of. I was able to finally rid myself of Bengals football and never felt better. I wish I could do the same with KY Football but its just too deep in my bones and soul to get rid of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT