ADVERTISEMENT

Your daily reminder that Coach Cal did charity work for Kentucky

Incase anyone forgot. Sure he makes 10 Million a year but remember he gave some of it back for charity, plus he traveled around asking for donations from us. So be sure to remember that before you criticize him....as if he would let anyone forget.
He isn’t paid to do charity work. He is paid to win, which he isn’t doing. Anything for charity on the side is great but has nothing to do with his employment at the University of Kentucky. You should seek psychiatric help for Stockholm syndrome.

Reactions: ck-2 and crestcat
Sadly, it's Humanity in a nutshell. People have their priorities mixed up. Sports is more important than helping others in need.
Actually they are just separate issues. Don’t muddy the waters for his shortcomings as a coach. If you really prefer charity over basketball than stand with the rest of us and demand his termination then ill Protest with you to Mitch to donate the 10 million to charity and hire and up and coming coach. Ok?

Reactions: crestcat
It’s not just his opinion. Why is it everytime he does his charity stuff it’s publicized? If the intent is just to do charity there’s no need for a spotlight or pat your own back moments.

If you don’t know about the situation or who else was at the event, your opinion is void. It was publicized because a few other important people were involved and present. I suggest it’s time for you to read something about it today and learn.

People act like he's the only person alive that would help Kentuckians as HC at Kentucky. Plenty of coaches out there are good heartedly people that do these kinds of things. John Calipari is not a charitable or humanitarian unicorn. The fact that needs to remind people all the time makes me think his deeds aren't from the heart, but more from a politician's mind. There are plenty of coaches that would've raised money for disasters and still been above mediocre at coaching basketball.

And don't forget, many of the people he helped, are the same fans he talks down to.

Reactions: ck-2
If you don’t know about the situation or who else was at the event, your opinion is void. It was publicized because a few other important people were involved and present. I suggest it’s time for you to read something about it today and learn.
Sounds to me like you are referring to a particular event with a particular person. There have been many look at me moments. I suggest you know what you are talking about before you talk about what you know. Ok Ellen?

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Sounds to me like you are referring to a particular event with a particular person. There have been many look at me moments. I suggest you know what you are talking about before you talk about what you know. Ok Ellen?

I’m all ears. Tell me about these look at me moments where other people weren’t involved and news cameras weren’t present. You claim I don’t know what I’m talking about and you do, so please, the floor is yours??? 🦗

Incase anyone forgot. Sure he makes 10 Million a year but remember he gave some of it back for charity, plus he traveled around asking for donations from us. So be sure to remember that before you criticize him....as if he would let anyone forget.
Well first I applaud Cal, but now a man making 10 mil a year can afford and for tax purposes needs to donate some money. That doesn't mean is should be our basketball coach, the man can't coach, the guys who handled all the dirty work in the trenches have left or been run off by Cal, and he replaced them with do nothing yes men who can't coach their way out of a wet paper bag.

Reactions: crestcat
I’m all ears. Tell me about these look at me moments where other people weren’t involved and news cameras weren’t present. You claim I don’t know what I’m talking about and you do, so please, the floor is yours??? 🦗
So wait, your arguing it wasn’t for look at me moments but then you want me to find and tell you about times cameras weren’t involved? I sure hope your not the brightest sibling in your household.

So wait, your arguing it wasn’t for look at me moments but then you want me to find and tell you about times cameras weren’t involved? I sure hope your not the brightest sibling in your household.

So we agree, Cal can’t do anything without cameras in his face? Thanks for confirming my point.

The man can’t piss without news cameras being present and reporting on it.

Also, I can argue that with it being publicized, it lets people see good deeds and makes them want to good deeds as well.

If people are attacking me from all angles and even attacking my character, I’m gonna let them know just how much I care and how much I have gave back. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah. That sounds like “turn the other cheek” for sure.

If people are attacking me from all angles and even attacking my character, I’m gonna let them know just how much I care and how much I have gave back. 🤷‍♂️
Well, 247 ... since this is the weekend of Good Friday and Easter, it seems an opportune time for you to take your complaints about that to Jesus. See Seth C.'s post above, in which he referred to Christ's words in The Sermon on the Mount.
And to the board ... wishing everyone blessed weekend.

Well, 247 ... since this is the weekend of Good Friday and Easter, it seems an opportune time for you to take your complaints about that to Jesus. See Seth C.'s post above, in which he referred to Christ's words in The Sermon on the Mount.
And to the board ... wishing everyone blessed weekend.

Sometimes you gotta flip tables like Jesus did in the temple. Have a bless one as well!

Sadly, it's Humanity in a nutshell. People have their priorities mixed up. Sports is more important than helping others in need.
I mean if I had the opportunity to take a job as ambassador of Kentucky where I raised money for charity and spread good will for $9mm/ year, I’d take that job.

And my point isn’t that it’s not good to give to charity. It’s that it is simply not why we pay him. We pay him to win basketball games. If he wins basketball games and does all the charity stuff, even better. But yes, in regards to his job and his salary, sports are, in fact, more important than helping others in need. Just the way it is and the way it is supposed to be.

Sometimes you gotta read the room and ask why is everyone upset. Self evaluation is a good tool.

• Haha
Reactions: 247CATS
Yeah guys! This man washed some feet 👣 ! Let’s go ahead and sign him to an after death contract while we are at it. Forget winning games and tournaments/championships. The head coach at UK’s job is to do good deeds for those in need. That’s a true HOF coach.

Reactions: etownblue25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT