ADVERTISEMENT

Your changes for Big Blue Madness...and Go!

I just don’t think these things are as big a deal anymore because we already know all about the players. Back in the day they were awesome before YouTube and highlights everywhere. It was the first time really getting to see guys you were reading about.

Not popular but please separate the women. And I hate to be the one to say it. Please let them have their own.

And I know it will never happen.
I wouldn’t say never. They have their newly renovated arena and WCBB is growing exponentially in popularity.

Not popular but please separate the women. And I hate to be the one to say it. Please let them have their own.

And I know it will never happen.

This. Noone will admit it, but that's exactly when excitement wore off. If people want to go watch women's midnight madness, they should be absolutely able to do so. But forcing the issue gets what we got - declining excitement and attendance.

This year will have great excitement despite that, but it's still true.

The women are not what is killing it. It's that people have more options than they use to.

I just don’t think these things are as big a deal anymore because we already know all about the players. Back in the day they were awesome before YouTube and highlights everywhere. It was the first time really getting to see guys you were reading about.
Needs to be at midnight. Sure its televised and now it's streamed but if the event takes place later it feels more unique and symbolic of starting the season.

I have always been big on implementing an alumni scrimmage on the day of this event for those who can still get up and down the court as a way to keep former players connected to the program.

Reactions: AirRaid08
It doesnt need to be at midnight and leave the women involved, I talk during the womens stuff or I check my phone.. its not like the women are taking up the men's time or something... But the women's team is going to be a lot better this year so even I'm interested in seeing them. as for what can make it better.

1. Camp out. make it at memorial or the parking lot of Rupp for 2-3 days before tickets but .............not only do you get tickets, you get to go inside and watch the guys do a shoot around or something or pick up games.

2. Much better music . im sorry but country music and 60's-80's music just doesnt get many people putting their hands up. Maybe free use EDM or electronic type genre's I just call gaming music with highlights of UK from 70's up until now but mostly the 90's since that's Pope's era. so basically what we usually do for those intro's but more and throughout the event ...well before and in breaks etc.

3. Back to the scrimmages we used to have, good lord somewhere halfway through Cal's tenure he just started allowing it to be less time and the players to give less of a crap about it and it just got worse and worse.

4. split the team into 2 at the start and you can let them do team 3pt shooting or other drills and score it somehow... and the scrimmage can be the other part of the scoring done and whoever loses has to do a skit , dance or something. Fans might get into it a little more if you can find some kind of stakes in it.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
1. No long-winded "State of the BBN" speeches.
2. Campout
3. Dazzling, high tech visuals.
4. Celebrity UK basketball guests.
5. Crowd participation
Stop the forced were hype. It’s when a hot girl still tried to hard to get noticed, just be yourself. Make it more loose and fin instead trying to be over the top with bigness.

Team 3 point contest with combination of players and fans competing together

Great reason to force the women to be a part of it. When else would we conversate and check our phones?
UK wants to promote the womens team to the larger audience so it will never be separate from men's midnight madness/big blue madness. Its not a big deal to find something else to do if you desperately dont want to watch them. and if you dont want to go to Big Blue Madness...... then what are you complaining about because you can literally do anything other than pay attention to it until the men come on

UK wants to promote the womens team to the larger audience so it will never be separate from men's midnight madness/big blue madness. Its not a big deal to find something else to do if you desperately dont want to watch them. and if you dont want to go to Big Blue Madness...... then what are you complaining about because you can literally do anything other than pay attention to it until the men come on
If nobody wants to watch it, and the question is how do we make Big Blue madness better, then removing the womens is something that should be considered. This new thing where we act like womens college basketball and mens should all be included together is very ignorant.

Another thing that Cal lost interest in. He just phoned it in, and put everything into his speech. As if a speech at BBM is going to sway recruits. He didn't care about making it special for the fans anymore. I hope Pope brings back BBM as an event to get the fans hyped for the season.

If nobody wants to watch it, and the question is how do we make Big Blue madness better, then removing the womens is something that should be considered. This new thing where we act like womens college basketball and mens should all be included together is very ignorant.
It's insane.

If everyone is equal, then the women will create their own audience and let people go watch that. The fact it takes an hour of attention off the men's program in a 2 hour window where Kentucky gets their BBM shown on SEC Network is an awful waste of time.

Having to skip over threads on Rafters dedicated to Kenny Brooks and the women's program is bad enough. I openly despise women's basketball though.

My butt in a seat will be one change. I have avoided it for ten years because it outright sucked under Cal, even when we were winning.

Reactions: natchezrule
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT