ADVERTISEMENT

Young talent

I'm puzzled by lack of info on Wilcox. When signed in '23 he was described as an "electric playmaker" with some comparing him to Boom Williams. Think he had a balky hammy that held him back last year but have really heard nothing of him since. Good news on Patterson but UK needs to hit the Spring portal for another RB.

I'm puzzled by lack of info on Wilcox. When signed in '23 he was described as an "electric playmaker" with some comparing him to Boom Williams. Think he had a balky hammy that held him back last year but have really heard nothing of him since. Good news on Patterson but UK needs to hit the Spring portal for another RB.
Great news about Jason Patterson, 5'11" 205, 40 time 4.5, 100 meters 10.8, getting reps with 1st team. He was a great back at Snead, FL.. Also another Freshman that will arrive after High School is former GA. Commit Tavoni "Boogeyman" Mizell, who set out his senior year with a knee injury. He had offers from FL, AL, OK, TN, Penn St, and USC. Ran a 4.37 in the 40 at Rivals camp at Bama, 6' 205, 4.2 shuttle, 37" vertical, 340 beach, rated top 10 running back nationally before injury. Hopefully he's 100% healed from his knee injury. Jamarion Wilcox, which sat out with hammie problems last year will be available, he's 5'7" 200, 4.46 40 time, 3.36 shuttle, 40" vertical, 340 bench and wrestled in High School. Both Wilcox and Mizell were 4 star players at one time. We now have a good stock of RB's if all are healthy and 3 are young.

Hamden said he was really impressed by the young RBs. So, while he did not specifically identify Wilcox, he did by group.

Is he a bust or slow developer?

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Is he a bust or slow developer?
Far too early and patently unfair to call or imply Wilcox is a bust. The guy was hurt, a hamstring pull which can be very tricky to heal from, for most of his true freshman year. But I'd like to see some member of the KY sports media inquire about his progress.

Far too early and patently unfair to call or imply Wilcox is a bust. The guy was hurt, a hamstring pull which can be very tricky to heal from, for most of his true freshman year. But I'd like to see some member of the KY sports media inquire about his progress.
I'm wondering if it was a pull or a tear. A tear is a lot more serous and takes a long time to repair.

Reactions: JASUN74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT