ADVERTISEMENT

Young IMO either KU or OU

Cawood86

All-American
Feb 20, 2005
Just reading some the remarks his father made on a podcast. Ben Roberts wrote an article on it. Don't know how to link it. Sorry.
Just doesn't sound like UK is an option right now. Personally didn't like the quotes by the dad or Young. JMO.
I believe it will be KU.

Just reading some the remarks his father made on a podcast. Ben Roberts wrote an article on it. Don't know how to link it. Sorry.
Just doesn't sound like UK is an option right now. Personally didn't like the quotes by the dad or Young. JMO.
I believe it will be KU.
Read Roberts' piece. Sure sounds like my favorite player in the class and extraordinary deep shooter is no longer viable.

Not sure what his Dad is referring to when saying " but we’ve seen what can happen at Kentucky if the guy in front of you doesn’t leave", at least when it comes to guards. Maybe the Harrisons? That's happened once at the most.

1000% chance we lose Fox and Monk to the NBA. Trae would play with Briscoe and Green, and in front of Alexander, if he chooses KY. It's silly to see so many assuming that Alexander will be a starter from day 1.

Not sure what his Dad is referring to when saying " but we’ve seen what can happen at Kentucky if the guy in front of you doesn’t leave", at least when it comes to guards. Maybe the Harrisons? That's happened once at the most.

1000% chance we lose Fox and Monk to the NBA. Trae would play with Briscoe and Green, and in front of Alexander, if he chooses KY. It's silly to see so many assuming that Alexander will be a starter from day 1.
If Alexander starts from day 1, we are in serious trouble next year.

Yes. I think we have a great shot at Young but I do think we won't get both he and Diallo and Diallo seems very likely along with Bamba. In that case we are going to need to sign some shooters as Diallo makes Briscoe look like Lamb . Green can shoot well enough but he can't be our best shooter and he would be right now. We will need to get 1-2 grad transfers as there aren't in a great shooters in the class on the top 25 besides Young left. And Young is an amazing shooter. Young is my favorite player in this class but you had to take green as green is a great player in his own right and he also helps lock up 2 other top 10 players. I do wonder if other guys don't want to play with Young like many have said. Young will not end up at Oklahoma as they will be bad next season and struggle to make the NCAA . I do think KU is could easily happen.

Reactions: MWes11
My apologies to the Young family that we can't clear out our entire back court for Trae next year.

This is a blessing in disguise. Dad's heavy in his recruitment, clearly has issues sharing the ball/spotlight/shots, top recruits don't want to play with him.

Thank God Cal grabbed a PG and SG for next year. We could have actually put all our eggs in the Young basket only to get burned like the Bolden situation (or Green and Syracuse LOLOL).. but this would have been 20x worse.

Hate to be Debbie downer but I think the chances of him playing with briscoe are slim to none

Could care less where the drama king goes...Cal gave him every opportunity to commit before all others

I don't totally disagree with you which is shocking. But for you to use the words drama king about a human being is the definition of ironic. You are the queen for all drama queens. Geeeeeeez

Reactions: thepip and brianpoe
I'd love to get them all and have them play like a well oiled machine from day one...but I'd say KU.
Hope we end up finishing with Knox, Bamba, and Diallo.
Knox sounds iffy as hell but Gabriel felt the same. Flip of a coin I guess.
If we end with those guys we are right back in the FF mix again and our staff is working to make it a reality.

If we start missing on those three then it gets very interesting and tenuous. FINGERS CROSSED

Ha...Newman will enter draft.

My question would be why would you go to Kansas at all. Who are they're recent NBA PG's?

Will Newman go to the draft? This draft is a lot more stacked than the last one.

I have no idea, legitimately asking.

Who was their last PG? Chalmers?

Brady Morningstar was on his way to the Garden for draft night.. But got another DUI.

Shame too.. He would have been drafted 315th.

Reactions: ukfan041
Not to mention Trae Young just looks like a me-first privileged player. He's exactly the type who should play for Duke which means he's the opposite of what Kentucky is looking for.

I hope after this Cal is recruiting with the intention he's going elsewhere. I hope we've moved on.

Reactions: ubtrapper
Will Newman go to the draft? This draft is a lot more stacked than the last one.

I have no idea, legitimately asking.

Who was their last PG? Chalmers?

Tyshawn Taylor - 2012 Rd 2, pick 41.

I believe the negative recruiting is against KU and Self's use of PG's from that interview. Probably from teams which have already been dropped from his final 5.

I am really confused about Diallo. Some say he can't shoot & other say he is rated the #1 SG coming out of HS. I have never see him play so I am just going on what you guys post. And I believe Briscoe will be gone after this season.

Reactions: railroadkat_1

And yet, there are a number of possible scenarios that could potentially prove your statement false.

Here are a few:

1. UK could land Knox and Bamba, rendering Alexander’s role on the team as merely supplemental, even as a starter.

2. UK could also land Diallo, and Cal could decide he wants to start Alexander with Green and Diallo. Throw in either of the guys from the first scenario, add another piece or two in the spring, and perhaps UK does relatively well.

3. Alexander could simply exceed your present expectations.

Reactions: ukfan041
He's a pure slasher. Like many elite talents and physical specimens, he never needed an outside shot because he could take most defenders 1 on 1.

But when you're listed as a poor shooter in HS? That doesn't just erase itself in college. Briscoe wasn't even that bad in HS.

Just be prepared for a sub 15% 3pt year with him..

Hope Knox comes but I haven't seen a lot info suggesting UK has moved up. All you see is pretty much Duke.

People should not ignore the very real possibility that Lorenzo Romar gets canned and the Michael Porter-Trae Young package deal resurfaces.

Reactions: Ghettobird
Know his dad said he told son not to settle. Well if you go to KU than you settled. I mean thaose great guards of the past, none are in NBA, I mean these kids come in high 5 star kids but many aren't drafted, I can name list. Mason is not going to be an NBA player, other kid maybe. If you are a PG than you do not go to KU, the kid last year from Noel's school is not playing or was 3-4 year player, he went in as lotto top 20, he reverted,
What was kid who went to KU, duke got one in Irving, U.K. Got Knight, KU got the other kid who never made it.

Bledsoe, wall, Knight, booker , Harrison's, Luis, Goodwin,

Lon Kruger is a lot better coach at developing players and has been in NBA compared to KU.

If U.K. Signs dialo Knox, Bamba than Green is well worth it over young. Pretty telling that most thought Cal wanted Young the most but may have over played the cards with cal, he says I am good and will see what we can come up with other guys. Honestly hurts the kid, cal followed and offered before anyone but don't want kid to settle. Settle for lotto pick or go to ou or KU and struggle for 1 1/2. Coaching makes difference.

Young had his chance and waited too long..Green took his spot...I'm happy Cal didn't wait around...Green may be better anyway..Knox and Bamba are who we need.And Alexander will be here 3-4 years imo..didnt look great on ESPN couple days ago, but that was only 1 game.

Reactions: musrat59
Tyshawn Taylor - 2012 Rd 2, pick 41.

I believe the negative recruiting is against KU and Self's use of PG's from that interview. Probably from teams which have already been dropped from his final 5.

LOl...and Chalmers from 2008.

So, if you're an elite PG how in the world could you drink Bill Self's kool-aid? I kind of question the intelligence of Young's camp if that can't see why KU is not exactly an appealing landing spot...unless he just wants a Big 12 title. [laughing]

Yeah, if the guy in front of you doesn't leave then you've got a chance to 40-0. But hey, go somewhere else to pad your stats if that's what ya want.

ADVERTISEMENT