ADVERTISEMENT

You can only laugh at this

That's downright pathetic, but hey they got theirs and got the heck out of dodge, from their perspective. From OUR perspective, we watched yet another season where the freshman run amok, doing as they please, with no real coaching instruction from their coach(es). That's definitely changing with Pope & Gang. The freshman "stars" will learn and implement the system, or they'll find themselves stuck to wood. That's how it should be.

Last edited:
now just think UK could have easily had Dalton. Early on he wanted to go to a blue blood. But Cal just had to sign Wagner and didn’t even sniff him.

Dalton
Dilly
Reed
Reeves

Best 3 point shooting team in cbb history? As it were Oakland. I don’t think he’d have ran off Reeves either, probably just Wagner. But hearts and all.

now just think UK could have easily had Dalton. Early on he wanted to go to a blue blood. But Cal just had to sign Wagner and didn’t even sniff him.

Dalton
Dilly
Reed
Reeves

Best 3 point shooting team in cbb history? As it were Oakland. I don’t think he’d have ran off Reeves either, probably just Wagner. But hearts and all.
I don't see Reeves staying if Dalton is there.

I don't see Reeves staying if Dalton is there.

I actually edited the post before I ever read this. I don’t think he runs off anyone but Wagner. And he was graduating from UK soon it’s one of the main reasons I think he came back anyway. Dilly and Reed were already fine coming off the bench obviously Reed plays here regardless and Dilly was gonna play for Cal regardless. Maybe I’m wrong but I think Wagner might have even stayed regardless. But cal didn’t even approach him one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen a coach do I was livid. I knew DK was gonna blow.

Reactions: NociHTTP and chroix

Rob
Reed
Reeves
Any player
Any player

Easily an E8 or F4
Straight up refused to play them together when he realized how much better the chemistry was with Reed in there instead of Wagner. Now Calipari even has Aaron Torres convinced that Wagner was featured in our best lineup even though the numbers prove quite clearly otherwise. Torres repeatedly gushes about Wagner being the best pg on that team and better chemistry with him in there. They are free crack buffet high over there.

Having an assistant like Welch didn’t hurt
I know I keep mentioning it but I really still can't get over Dillingham saying Welch was the reason his shot got so good what a artillery shell right on top of cow 😍🤣we freaking love you Rob, thank you for being a wildcat and putting up w CCC you did better than I would have and I'm 3 x your age.

Straight up refused to play them together when he realized how much better the chemistry was with Reed in there instead of Wagner. Now Calipari even has Aaron Torres convinced that Wagner was featured in our best lineup even though the numbers prove quite clearly otherwise. Torres repeatedly gushes about Wagner being the best pg on that team and better chemistry with him in there. They are free crack buffet high over there.
Aaron torres is just trying to grow his ark fan base. No idea why he loves DJ so much he acts like hes NPOY

Just goes to sho

That just shows how bad we were on defense. Horrible!!
I am sitting here laughing at most of the posters who seem to think you automatically win if you shoot 3's well.

They seem to forget those same 3 guards often let the other teams shoot and make more 3's. I seem to remember a certain fan favorite getting torched by Gohlke over and over again in our last game.

Dalton
Dilly
Reed
Reeves

Lol, why would Dalton be scared off by Wagner? They don't even play close to the same position. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlueTrue75
I am sitting here laughing at most of the posters who seem to think you automatically win if you shoot 3's well.

They seem to forget those same 3 guards often let the other teams shoot and make more 3's. I seem to remember a certain fan favorite getting torched by Gohlke over and over again in our last game.

Our lineups with the best +/- differential all had those 3 players in them.

Our worst lineup was the one Cal started every game and every 2nd half.

Easy to happen when you have a coach who doesn’t game plan for a game and relying mostly on freshmen who while skilled are still inexperienced. Players need leadership and direction. Cal offered shit.

Easy to happen when you have a coach who doesn’t game plan for a game and relying mostly on freshmen who while skilled are still inexperienced. Players need leadership and direction. Cal offered shit.
Or we could put the blame on the players who were actually on the court and routinely put no effort into D or constantly tried to disrupt passing lanes that led to them being out of position over and over again.

It really shouldn't take much game planning to beat Oakland. 🤣

Or we could put the blame on the players who were actually on the court and routinely put no effort into D or constantly tried to disrupt passing lanes that led to them being out of position over and over again.

It really shouldn't take much game planning to beat Oakland. 🤣
Apparently it did as we lost while looking vastly unprepared for the game. Shep had his worse game of the season and actually played like he had a family member being held hostage to throw the game. You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about if you think a mostly led freshmen team do not need direction and leadership from their coach.

Apparently it did as we lost while looking vastly unprepared for the game. Shep had his worse game of the season and actually played like he had a family member being held hostage to throw the game. You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about if you think a mostly led freshmen team do not need direction and leadership from their coach.
If they seriously needed much direction to beat Jack Gohlke and Oakland, they really weren't as good as some of you want to act like then.

We were able to beat UT, AU, UNC, BAMA with the same coaching and scouting, but yet we struggled with Oakland because of the same coaching and scouting. Got it! 😂

If you don't think our best chance to win last year was playing these 3 together as much as possible, then you are just ignoring analytics and data.

I'm not going to waste time arguing with someone with their head in the sand.
If they were on, they were great. When they weren't, they were all liabilities defensively. As was most of the team. Hell, when Wagner was injured we went 1-4. And most of those losses were against some horrible teams. So, it's not like we were this juggernaut relying on those 3 as our backcourt.

Don't worry we have a new "3" headed monster coming in.

Jaxson, Brea, and Krissa are going to hit a ton of 3's. Carr, Ansley, Oweh, Butler, Chandler, Noah and Perry will be firing from deep too. The thing is we don't have frosh in key positions that are bricking (DJ/Edwards) most of those shots this year. Pope got proven 40ish perc shooting in there 4th and 5th year taking those shots.

That's cool and all, but that doesn't magically make them good defensively. 😂
Actually it does. It’s called plus/ minus differential. The plus is offense. Minus is defense. That lineup Cal started was no better defensively, and much, much worse offensively. Neither lineups were good defensively. Cal hasn’t had a good defensive team in 6 years. Freshman can’t play defense anymore. It’s not taught to them in AAU. They must learn nowadays when they get to college.

Lol, why would Dalton be scared off by Wagner? They don't even play close to the same position. 🤣

Mr. Stratford one can dream. And Dalton demands the balls. The way Wagner is viewed now is not how he was viewed then. If there was an odd man out of that situation I’d assume it would be Wagner. If I’m wrong OH WELL.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Stratford
Sheppard played almost 30 minutes a game and started 5. We only won 2: Miami and Vandy.

Here’s the bottom line: the freshman shit their pants in the NCAA tournament and it led to Calipari’s exit.

So anyone who wants to peddle in insane conspiracy theories go right ahead.

Reactions: bouncebackcats
Sheppard played almost 30 minutes a game and started 5. We only won 2: Miami and Vandy.

Here’s the bottom line: the freshman shit their pants in the NCAA tournament and it led to Calipari’s exit.

So anyone who wants to peddle in insane conspiracy theories go right ahead.
This Reed started and we lost is a bullcrap theory. Reed started only because Wagner was out which left us short handed. You can’t replace just Reed with that starting lineup and win. That lineup was horrible. What people are saying is…. Our starting five should have been. Reed, Rob, big Z, Edward’s and Theiro. These guys Should have gotten tons of time together and got confidence together. They almost Never saw the floor together after Alabama. That’s what people are saying. Not just. Start Reed with UGO and the other misfits.

Welch was gone before Pope was hired. He left Lexington and Cal within days of our loss. To a no name school for less money. What’s that tell ya?

Same reason we lost Lucas to Duke. Left a premier brand with an “established coach” for Duke with a kid coach. Everyone knew Calipari was trash. These guys caught on and knew he was coasting for cash and for his buddies / family. Nobody trying to elevate their career and be part of a winning culture was going to be near him. Just look now, Payne runs back to staff after sucking up Louisville, Lucas and Welch bolt, Orlando didn’t want to stay with him, Brad has been put on staff.

Arkansas was just stupid enough….Cal on that con found a program that was willing to give it a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
Torres?

You mean this guy?

Stand-Up Lol GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlueTrue75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT