ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzeee!!!

Wonder who the two guys was that said he was going to Bama? I know things change but will ignore them next time. Said to be similar to Jerod Smith and Brian Robinson with their explosive first step. Marrow beats MI for Smith and AL for Campbell. The 23 and 24 classes have to be one of if not the best defensive class haul ever for consecutive classes? Going smaller but quicker on the DL than what we normally recruit.

Last edited:
Wonder who the two guys was that said he was going to Bama? I know things change but will ignore them next time. Said to be similar to Jerod Smith and Brian Robinson with their explosive first step. Marrow beats MI for Smith and AL for Campbell. The 23 and 24 classes have to be one of if not the best defensive class haul ever for consecutive classes?
2 guys were national "experts" who eventually changed their picks back to UK a couple days ago.

This player is ultra talented, most talented UK recruit in recent years. He's big, fast, plays angry, VERY aggressive. Little bit on the light side but has ample time to put on good weight. Hopefully he'll be an EE and go thru Spring practice in '25. Time to get excited about the D being built at UK.

2 guys were national "experts" who eventually changed their picks back to UK a couple days ago.

This player is ultra talented, most talented UK recruit in recent years. He's big, fast, plays angry, VERY aggressive. Little bit on the light side but has ample time to put on good weight. Hopefully he'll be an EE and go thru Spring practice in '25. Time to get excited about the D being built at UK.
Just read that Campbell could literally play any position along the line with his size and skill. Sounds like a smaller Deone Walker talent.

Last edited:

Even though he is ranked as the 167th best player, I am convinced he is way under ranked. When I look at his physical tools, his film and the fact that he is new to football, I think he may turn out to be one of the best players in the country, not to mention his basketball skills.

Even though he is ranked as the 167th best player, I am convinced he is way under ranked. When I look at his physical tools, his film and the fact that he is new to football, I think he may turn out to be one of the best players in the country, not to mention his basketball skills.
Isn’t Campbell a guy who has only played FB for a couple of years? Can you imagine how raw he probably still is and what he could potentially be with good coaching, weight program and nutrition plan?

This talent is what a 5* looks like. Only thing holding him back is a money grubbing rating system that basis ratings on subscription rates instead of talent.

This talent is what a 5* looks like. Only thing holding him back is a money grubbing rating system that basis ratings on subscription rates instead of talent.
True, especially when you look at his offer sheet. The kid should be reward for his talent but I’ve come to terms just being satisfied with his offers. But you’re spot on though you’ll be told you’re a conspiracy theorist by a couple of people.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
True, especially when you look at his offer sheet. The kid should be reward for his talent but I’ve come to terms just being satisfied with his offers. But you’re spot on though you’ll be told you’re a conspiracy theorist by a couple of people.
When its all said and done I'm just glad he's at UK regardless of everything else.

On3 has him listed at 6’5” 260, so I guess Rivals hasn’t updated.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Isn’t Campbell a guy who has only played FB for a couple of years? Can you imagine how raw he probably still is and what he could potentially be with good coaching, weight program and nutrition plan?
He’s played one season and his first practice was last summer, so technically not even a year under his belt.

HUGE

Batman Dancing GIF
Adam West Dancing GIF

Yeah, it's funny. You see headlines all over the place of us getting a four star recruit. Then look at our list on Rivals and there he is a 3 star.
It's a huge, pathetic joke but what we've come to expect from Rivals "experts." Other than Campbell, they have seriously undervalued Saunders, Ward, Strey, Smith and Gardner....at least. And I have a feeling they're not done with their slip-shod ratings. Good site to find names but it ends there, find film and make your own eval.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
It's a huge, pathetic joke but what we've come to expect from Rivals "experts." Other than Campbell, they have seriously undervalued Saunders, Ward, Strey, Smith and Gardner....at least. And I have a feeling they're not done with their slip-shod ratings. Good site to find names but it ends there, find film and make your own eval.
Couldn’t have worded it better! Every one of the recruits you mentioned is severely underrated! Hell Campbell, is a top 75-85 player in the country and they have him a 3*???? Just makes zero sense looking at his film and his performance/physical attributes! Makes zero sense.

Reactions: mrschwump
Hell for that matter, look at TUCKER KATTUS!!! The kid is 6’5 305lbs and has 20 P5 offers!!! Widely known as a great offensive lineman and rivals chump asses have him as a 5.5 3*??? Also I’ll mention that Michigan coming off of their national championship also offered Tucker! These rivals rankings are as good as anyone’s guess and that’s putting it nicely.

I've heard the last few years that Rivals has lost a lot of their long time talent evaluators. Might explain the discepancies in other websites.

Seems like a good kid to boot

He does. When you see a high level athlete who is going to be a great ambassador for your school and state, the excitement for the commitment is multiplied. Stoops has done a great job, overall, finding talent with character. There have been a few immature exceptions, but he recruits kids who will be great teammates and many who will be great interviews and stewards of the program. It may be the high school, as well. Wan’Dale was a star on and off the field.

Darrin Strey is a four star at On3. And On3 has Purcell and Ferguson as high 3's. Think Saunders may have at one time been ranked higher? And I saw where Ward has impressed here three straight years in camps. So is this guy a sleeper out of nowhere that could really be a four star talent wise?

Last edited:
Darrin Strey is a four star at On3. And On3 has Purcell and Ferguson as high 3's. The coaches think Saunders has a chance in the pro's. And I saw where Ward has impressed here three straight years in camps. So is this guy a sleeper out of nowhere that could really be a four star talent wise?
Who are you referring to?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT