ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee Coming?

No scoop here, the only thing I know for sure is it isn't me. I hope it is Gatewood, not Watergate. Baron the next best, would be gnashing of teeth in Knoxville.

Last edited:
If we get Gatewood I wonder how hard UK will push for a waiver. The whole Georgia/Miami/Ohio St. switching QB's last year leads me to believe that if you really push for it you can get it. On the other hand, Auburn will prob not want to help much considering we play em. Not saying Gatewood would beat out Terry, but we would prob play some and would be a nice backup.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Coach Marrow said one should be coming today or tomorrow.
Michael Drennen has said he won’t announce in December. Vito Tisdale said he will announce at the all star game in January. Joel Williams has said that he will announce his decision on Dec.19. RJ Adams, Octavious Oxendine, and Tyler Baron have said they will announce on Dec. 18. Damien Alford hasn’t visited Lexington yet (next week). Jimmy Calloway still has a visit scheduled to Knoxville next week. So unless one of them changes his mind, none of them will commit to UK this week.

By process of elimination, then, Vince Marrow may be expecting an imminent commitment from Joey Gatewood, Josiah Hayes, Eric Taylor, or a surprise flip from a player we haven’t been discussing recently. Or it could be a 2021 commitment.

Reactions: JASUN74
If we get Gatewood I wonder how hard UK will push for a waiver. The whole Georgia/Miami/Ohio St. switching QB's last year leads me to believe that if you really push for it you can get it. On the other hand, Auburn will prob not want to help much considering we play em. Not saying Gatewood would beat out Terry, but we would prob play some and would be a nice backup.
Schools generally don’t push for waivers. Waivers happen after a player fills out an application and applies for one. Other than reminding the player to submit his application promptly, there really isn’t much that the school can do about it.

Are you keeping a spread sheet on this?

Maybe a remarkable recollection?

I started a stone tablet “spread sheet.” I have the “V” and the “I” for “Vito” nicely hammered out after about 2 hours of work. Of course, I am counting the days until signing day with blood marks on the curve of my cave. It’s running into my recipe for mammoth pot pie, so I might need to rely upon others for the exact days left.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I started a stone tablet “spread sheet.” I have the “V” and the “I” for “Vito” nicely hammered out after about 2 hours of work. Of course, I am counting the days until signing day with blood marks on the curve of my cave. It’s running into my recipe for mammoth pot pie, so I might need to rely upon others for the exact days left.
I thought V & I was 6.

Michael Drennen has said he won’t announce in December. Vito Tisdale said he will announce at the all star game in January. Joel Williams has said that he will announce his decision on Dec.19. RJ Adams, Octavious Oxendine, and Tyler Baron have said they will announce on Dec. 18. Damien Alford hasn’t visited Lexington yet (next week). Jimmy Calloway still has a visit scheduled to Knoxville next week. So unless one of them changes his mind, none of them will commit to UK this week.

By process of elimination, then, Vince Marrow may be expecting an imminent commitment from Joey Gatewood, Josiah Hayes, Eric Taylor, or a surprise flip from a player we haven’t been discussing recently. Or it could be a 2021 commitment.

I'm just saying if another 6.0 player (we may already have two, if Gatewood comes) wants to come here then we may not be able to take some of these players we are begging to commit now. Maybe we honor the two "silent commits" if they exist, but some may already be in a precarious position if they really want to come here.

Complicated, sounds like the coaches like others better than Hayes, Taylor may not qualify, summer school maybe? (Meyers had a RB, #1 draft pick, pass 17 hours at a community college in one summer and qualify when he transferred from Oklahoma to UNLV). I doubt if the NCAA would let that happen now. They may keep several on hold that fans are begging for now. And may lose some.

If a player like Gatewood does come he wouldn't count on our roster next year if he can't play, would he? It doesn't sound fair if he does, but then a lot of things aren't fair.

Probably a stupid question but , who transferred from Miami , to where ?

I'm just saying if another 6.0 player (we may already have two, if Gatewood comes) wants to come here then we may not be able to take some of these players we are begging to commit now. Maybe we honor the two "silent commits" if they exist, but some may already be in a precarious position if they really want to come here.

Complicated, sounds like the coaches like others better than Hayes, Taylor may not qualify, summer school maybe? (Meyers had a RB, #1 draft pick, pass 17 hours at a community college in one summer and qualify when he transferred from Oklahoma to UNLV). I doubt if the NCAA would let that happen now. They may keep several on hold that fans are begging for now. And may lose some.

If a player like Gatewood does come he wouldn't count on our roster next year if he can't play, would he? It doesn't sound fair if he does, but then a lot of things aren't fair.
I’m not sure I can tell what you are trying to say, but our coaches are in complete control of our recruiting class. They evaluate their recruiting targets carefully and offer the ones they want. Stoops has said they don’t look at their star ratings. If our coaches thought like you think, they would never have taken Josh Allen, Bunchy Stallings, or Benny Snell, our three All Americans in 2018. All were two- and low three-stars.

Reactions: vhcat70
Not saying Gatewood would beat out Terry, but we would prob play some and would be a nice backup.
TW will be a senior in 2020. Since Gatewood is transferring because of playing time, it is highly likely that he will sit out our 2020 season as a transfer redshirt. I’m sure this may cause some fans to bring up Fields and OH St, and I acknowledge that I don’t know all the particulars of Fields’ appeal. I don’t care to defend the Fields case, as I don’t have a dog in that hunt and don’t know enough about the details. But the typical ruling in virtually every case of simple transfers over playing time is a transfer redshirt year. Xavier Peters was exempted because he claimed family hardship to get closer to home. Gatewood is moving farther from home.

Reactions: bthaunert
I say transfers don’t count against the 25. If so, the LSU transfer would have.

I say transfers don’t count against the 25. If so, the LSU transfer would have.
I've never been confident I understood the rule in this case. One possible source of confusion, there are two twenty five limits. One is the number of players who can sign a LOI. The other is the number of new players who can enroll in a academic year. My understanding is that a transfer does not count against the LOI limit as they don't sign one. But they do count against the number who can enroll in a year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT