ADVERTISEMENT

Wright State at UK (Friday)

Ewell is not nearly as fast as he thinks he is. A good throw would have gotten him at 2nd and now he is out at 3rd. Going to hurt our LOB quest.

Williams looks to be very solid. If he is the long reliever, that puts us in pretty good hands. He is pretty savvy with that pitch that just has to be a strike but isn't.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
I have to admit the team is looking pretty solid up to this point. The way they are playing now makes it hard to get rid of Mingione.

Can't go that far myself. Still havent played anyone overly competitive. Evansville is still winless.
And still leaving runners on base all over the place. You can't squander those runs against a good team. The players have to show that grit and confidence that they will get the job done no matter what. At one point, the screen showed Jackson Gray hitting .417 but only 200 with RISP. A winning player has a higher average when runners are in scoring position. That separates the great from the good.

And still leaving runners on base all over the place. You can't squander those runs against a good team. The players have to show that grit and confidence that they will get the job done no matter what. At one point, the screen showed Jackson Gray hitting .417 but only 200 with RISP. A winning player has a higher average when runners are in scoring position. That separates the great from the good.
It’s only 5 games in though. Pretty small sample.

Is there any home run power or is this group more of contact, singles, doubles, bunt, stolen base attack?

Yeah, limited power which is why we're seeing the bunting/running game. Suspect this will be season long.
If you’re not a power hitting team, the you have to play small ⚾️. It may not be the popular thing to do but you have to play within your means to get the dub.

Can't go that far myself. Still havent played anyone overly competitive. Evansville is still winless.
I’m not convinced they will do much in SEC play, but up to this point they are looking ok. There’s still a lot of issues with the team. Coaching is questionable at times, base runners are left on base way too much, clean up hitter is bunting as much as he swings away, etc.

My point is if the Cats remotely look decent, Mingione will be back. We’ve seen this now for 3 years.

If you’re not a power hitting team, the you have to play small ⚾️. It may not be the popular thing to do but you have to play within your means to get the dub.
Yes but your clean up hitter should not be bunting as much as he does. I’m not a fan of that move.

I like aggressive base running. Make them make mistakes. That's not the issue. The issue was bunting so much early on against teams we should be able to hit against. We don't have to have home runs, but we also don't need to bunt so frequently.

Reactions: Basil Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT