ADVERTISEMENT

Work trip recommendations

MbergCat

Senior
Nov 23, 2014
Hey guys, I'm heading to the Toledo, Ohio area for the next few weeks. Any recommendations for food or stuff to maybe try to see? Terrible time of the year, obviously. But, just trying to make the best of my couple weekends off while there.

Are you being punished or something? Brother a really bad time to be going there

Hey guys, I'm heading to the Toledo, Ohio area for the next few weeks. Any recommendations for food or stuff to maybe try to see? Terrible time of the year, obviously. But, just trying to make the best of my couple weekends off while there.
You might watch THINGS TO DO and/or PLACES TO EAT videos for Toledo on YouTube. When I take trips and vacations, I prepare by watching them for good ideas. High view counts are usually the best videos, I’ve found.
Just a thought …

As just a single example, it appears to be recent. There are more …

GOOD LUCK on your new job !!!!

Last edited:
You might watch THINGS TO DO and/or PLACES TO EAT videos for Toledo on YouTube. When I take trips and vacations, I prepare by watching them for good ideas. High view counts are usually the best videos, I’ve found.
Just a thought …

As just a single example, here is just one and it appears to be recent. There are more.

True, I do that some too. I've gotten some solid trip ideas from you guys before, so figured I'd throw it out there.

Reactions: megablue

Hey looked up my Google timeline and found a restaurant I took a client to about 6 years ago.

The Chop House- Toledo. I remember it being really good.

Have fun!

• Love
Reactions: MbergCat
Toledo isn’t nearly as bad as some in here are saying. I used to travel there for work and they have some good rest. Disregard the Chop House recommendation and check out Mancy’s for a great steak. As good as a Jeff Ruby or Tony’s steak. You won’t be disappointed.

Toledo isn’t nearly as bad as some in here are saying. I used to travel there for work and they have some good rest. Disregard the Chop House recommendation and check out Mancy’s for a great steak. As good as a Jeff Ruby or Tony’s steak. You won’t be disappointed.

It isn’t that Toledo itself is terrible. It’s Toledo in January. In the summer you can go to Cedar Point nearby, take a fishing charter out on the lake, take in their very nice symphony, or catch a Mud Hens game. Winter in that area just sucks. Might be able to find some good ice fishing if you are so inclined. There’s worse ways to pass your time than pulling perch and walleye out of a hole while drinking whiskey beside a nice wood camp stove.

Reactions: JumperJack
I’ve been to Toledo a handful of times. Always enjoyed it.

It is what you make of it. People are the same everywhere. They might talk funny but they are the same.

I'm actually staying in Levis Commons in the Maumee area. It seems nice, just insanely cold.

Take your long John's, a roll of summer sausage, a box of crackers and stay in your room.

You might survive the blizzard conditions if you stay in your room.

I've taken a handful of winter trips to this area...

and spoiler, it's going to be cold and gloomy. The highlight of my day is finding a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant, eating dinner by myself and staring at my phone while occasionally saying "More Chips please".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT